LEXX fan

• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi Farscapefans, I was just reading about how Lexx fans feel about farscape and was wondering how you all feel about LEXX. Personally I like both shows, depending on what kind of mood I’m in. I mean its not like Im starting some kind of crazy war between LEXX and farscope fans I like them both. heh heh…..

Anonymous

*shrugs* I like both. I try not to compare shows to each other…I like Farscape because it’s Farscape and I like Lexx because it’s Lexx.

Anonymous

your right,.. I like both of em, my only grudge is that Farscape only fits 2 episodes on their dvd’s while LEXX fits 4 on one disc, and Farscapes cost more.

Anonymous

Hi everyone, been off line for awhile but I’m back now to do what monkeys do.. throw s#%t!!! Give me a break!!!! Lex vs Farscape!
    I can’t begin to tell you the vast differance between the two!!! The FS crew are growing and changing all the time while the Lex crew dont. Got to go FS is on in 1 min, will be back soon. FS rules!!!!!!

Hollydays
    Participant

I enjoy them both as well. But I do think the plant girl from Farscape is cooler than the plant girl from Lexx.
    Which ship do you think is cooler?

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I like Farscape better. I really like the relationships and friendships on it. There’s John/Aeryn and John/D’argo, etc. I do love Lexx too, though. I think that thing that I like more about Lexx than Farscape the characters. I just like almost every character on Lexx, whereas there are several on Farscape that I hate.

Anonymous

I have come back to see the VAST diferance(?) in Lexx and FS. Horse likes Lexx, what male wouldnt, but I think that the women on FS are stronger and have more life to thier soul’s then the one woman on Lexx(slut) The women on FS may have had different lovers but they all ment(?) something to them (men to women) not like the lizard/woman who just wants to…….
    FS is far beter then Lexxxx….

Anonymous

Ugh, Lexx… I’ve tried to watch that show a few times, but it’s just so… PURILE. It’s the Sci-Fi equivalent of Maxim magazine. All show, little substance.
    Farscape is well thought out and balanced. You CARE about the characters in Farscape.
    Here, I’ll sum up every episode of Lexx… Stanley gets in trouble, and/or tries unsuccessfully to get laid (usually by Xev). Xev gets laid (but not by Stanley). The dead dude bails their butts out, and COULD get laid, but he’s dead so his, um, block and tackle is unresponsive, or something. The robot head acts horney… and stupid. Fun formula, but it gets old.

That’s just my opinion, but then again, I may be wrong.

Charmless Man

Flamegrape
    Participant

There’s an underlying theme in Lexx that newbies usually do not catch onto. Kai is the hero and most of the events that have occured relate to him.

Also, not all newbies catch onto the fact that the show is a satire of all the other sci-fi shows and movies. The tone is similar in quality to the later seasons of Red Dwarf. In fact, two of the stars of Red Dwarf made a guest appearance on Lexx.

And no, the makers of Lexx do not have $1.5 million to sink into each episode (like Farscape). Those Canadians made do with what was available.

One thing I like about Lexx more than I like about Farscape is the comedy and friendship between the crewmembers of the ship. On Farscape, it seems that everyone is screaming at each other and terrible, disasterous things are happening all of the time. Whereas Lexx is a bit more light-hearted, sexy, and funny. On Farscape, Chrichton provides most of the comic relief.

You can count on Farscape to be serious and dramatic. It’s a different matter with Lexx. In fact, some Lexx fans here at SadBoard are sometimes reminded that it’s just a silly, sexy show. We’re always thankful it is not burdened with technobabble. Farscape contains a tremendous amount of hard science-fiction. Lexx is not that complicated and relies on story and script.

But mostly I watch Lexx for the babes. Xev in particular. I bought a poster of Xev and I’m having it framed! Visit my Xev webpage, .Flamegrape’s Xev Picture Archive.

Farscape or Lexx? Apples and oranges, really.

Anonymous

Very well thought out Flamegrape. I can see Lexx in a new lite. Still can’t get into it. Horse still watches when it is on.
    All SciFi is good, some just better then others.

Anonymous

Well, I’m a fan of Lexx and Farscape but its all a matter of direction. Farscape was about Crichton and his wacky adventures but then changed to keeping wormhole tech away from Scorpy. The problem of Lexx was that Season2 was the best, Fire and water grew boring after a while and the latter episodes of Season 4 took a nose dive, it looks like Farscape is the winner

Anonymous

I like both Lexx and Farscape. I have to say, both shows have made me rethink how the genre can be interpreted…which is to say, they kind of broke out the mold that Trek made for SF television shows. B5 did that two…but Farscape is a whole ‘nother level of “out there,” and Lexx is…well…at best, pusing the envelope, at worst, entertainingly sick. Or is that, worst and best?
    U’boo
    Alfa Girl Designs

Anonymous

Farscape has more effort put into it. The makers have a lot of money. It is well done and things make sense. It makes sense in a sci-fi way, and in a scientific way.

Since Lexx is made in Canada, the people don’t have too much money to make it good.
    The stories are ok, but when you look at it from a scientific point of view… it sucks. The first 4 movies were pretty good, but season 2,3, and 4 are kind of ****.

As much as I love Lexx, Farscape beats it easily.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hollydays:
    I enjoy them both as well. But I do think the plant girl from Farscape is cooler than the plant girl from Lexx.
    Which ship do you think is cooler?

Lyekka vs. Zhaan.
    Lyekka:I eat people!
    Zhaan: Well at least I can have sex with people!
    Lyekka:Well…I have hair!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.