Lexx Fanart

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Cesare
    Participant

First of all I should say “Hello”, as I am new here. I have been a Lexx fan(atic) for four years, or so… I have known and often visited The SadGeezers Guide for all these years, but I registered just yesterday. That’s about me. Happy to meet you all.

I’d like to ask if there are some artists around here and whether some of you have done some Lexx stuff. I am an artist – sort of, no big deal… And I am working on some Lexx fanart right now and I’d like to share ideas, concepts and works with the others.

Cesare
    Participant

Geez, sorry. I just noticed the fanart/fanfic section here. Mea culpa. Shame on me…:-)
    If moderators delete this, nevermind, but everybody is free to post replies, pics and links, if they wish to.

theFrey
    Participant

No Problem…. ummmm Strudel. Can we see the reworked picture?

streudel
    Participant

Sure. ๐Ÿ˜€ I have a quick question maybe someone more tech-minded than myself can help me with. How do I scan it without the pic coming out so freakin’ huge? When I do it, it comes out so big you can see every pencil stroke. Takes forever to load, too. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€

Cesare
    Participant

What about presetting the img resolution with your scanner software?
    Or you can change the resolution (or size) afterwards…

theFrey
    Participant

I normally scan then and then re-size them in some kind of art program.

streudel
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give re-sizing it after scanning a whirl. I’d love to get more feedback on it. The angles are a bit better, with the eyes projected more uniformly, and the chin set a bit better, but something is still not quite right.

Let me see what I can do about getting this uploaded to photoisland. I’ll be back. Oh, and I would love to see some of your work, too, Cesare. Plif has some cool work in the Fan Art section you might want to check out as well. ๐Ÿ˜€

Cesare
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, Streudel. Well, my Kai piece is here:
    http://www.sweb.cz/maedhros/kai-small.JPG

I’ve posted it to Fanart section, but I guess that I may post it here as well…:-)
    The next one is gonna be the manly Stanley…:-)

Looking forward to your pic…

streudel
    Participant

I look forward to seeing your Manley Stanley….wait a minute, that doesn’t sound right. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜†

I guess I’ll drop this in this thread, too.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/May/20045317294768847590178.jpg

Cesare
    Participant

Lovely piece, Streudel. Could use more detail, but it’s definitely the dead guy…

Cesare
    Participant

+ I really like his lips. I think you’ve done a great job on them.

XS4Xevr
    Participant

A comment on “PhotoIsland”: I signed up there to store photos too but they had some very small size limitations when you linked to them. No matter what you uploaded when you linked to it it was always a much smaller pic when you clicked on it. I ended up switching to http://www.photobucket.com which is also free and allows 100 megabyte storage space.

(And you can also just use the thumbnail image they make instead of uploading a separate file, like below in the XEV polaroid I affectionately call “Nookie”, which I am also using as a link to “Click!” for “biggie size. -Note: They always append a “th_” to the filename you upload for the thumb.)

PhotoIsland is great but you could never link to a pic that can scroll off your computer screen. Bigger is Better!(IMHO)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.