Lexx Fans at Dragon Con?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx Fans at Dragon Con?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

I have decided that it is never too early to plan ahead. So I will be heading up (or down, or sideways) to Atlanta to scope out Dragon Con 2002 as a possible venue for next years UsCon. It is being held on August 30-September 2, Friday – Monday (40 days away) in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Go to my site and click on the Recon Mission DragonCon link for more info. I will also be posting info on our very own Lexx Conventions forum.

theFrey
    Participant

Well, I just can’t wait! Only six days until Dragon Con!! Yeah! And unlike some people cough*blackie*cough I will report back on the con.

Oh yeah, here is a t-shirt I made to wear there. http://www.thefrey.com/oops.htm Much thanks to Knightwolf for the idea, and to Stormsweeper for finding me the trekkie font and emailing it to me while I slept the sleep of the dead. Which by the way I can do with out a cyropod… nothing like lack-o-caffine to make one sleep soundly.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

Oh yeah, here is a t-shirt I made to wear there.

Talk about instant classic!

Anonymous

Frey- your shirt is most excellant! Trekkies beware! See you soon- T_T

Anonymous

originally posted by thefrey

Are we pumped?Yes!

and to see if I can find partners to help me fight the good fight.

YOU BET! I wish to respectfully submit, to frey, my resume for the position!
    Qualifications
    1.passionate and obsessive(about LEXX)
    2.have learned much from 790
    3.excellant at inciting mob action
    4.not afraid to make an *ss out of myself for the greater good(very experienced in this area,years of practice)
    5.thrive on negative publicity(ties in with the above)-builds character
    6.not afraid to play dirty
    7.Hmm…Good with people?Yes! And robot heads,and dead guys…big bugs, l’il bugs…
    Past Experience
    Haven’t revolutionized anything major since the late 1970’s-Disco Demolation at Chicago’s Comisky Park(unfortunatly it cost our Sox to forfeit the game.We destroyed the field in-between a double-header,I’ve always felt rather bad about that)
    Positives
    I have a very simple philosophy regarding Dragon-Con and the domination of non-LEXX entities…
    V-view the situation
    O-organize a strategy
    A-attack!
    O-overthrow!
    Negatives-I don’t possess any type of LEXX t-shirt for D.C. …yet!
    Please consider! T_T

theFrey
    Participant

Well I have a few XL in battersea left over.

i LOVE the D.C. shirt!!!!

Anonymous

Too late for t-shirts!It’s not like I didn’t know they were available…40 days ago!I’m just a procrastinator,Thanx for letting me know about the Batterseas,frey…I don’t think an XL will work. Oh well…I’ll just be going shirtless. T_T

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    Too late for t-shirts!It’s not like I didn’t know they were available… I’m just a procrastinator, …I don’t think an XL will work. Oh well…I’ll just be going shirtless. T_T

Really? Shirtless? My won’t that drum up some interest. May I suggest that you use a magic marker and put Lexx Rules across your… ummmm… chest. Or if you do decide to go the more traditional clothing route, not that shirtlessness in others bothers me mind you, you could do the same thing on a t-shirt.

Get a black t-shirt some white fabric paint and a one inch brush and Have at it!! “Lexx Rules”…. I would leave out the second half of the statement though … no sense in upseting the Farcescapers.

theFrey
    Participant

The hardest part was splicing legs and hands on that pic.

Are we pumped? Yes!

I may only be a pebble dropped into the lake of Trekkie-dom, but I intend to be an anoying pebble. I may look up a few dark elfs and see if I can find partners to help me fight the good fight. Besides, they remind me of someone… but I just can’t think who.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Frey,
    I can’t wait till next week when we Lexxians walk around & talk Lexx talk; no one will know what the heck we’re talking about. I can’t wait to meet all of you in person; I really don’t have any expectations of what any of you look like, but you, Frey, probably talk with a Canadian accent, like my father does.
    Your idea of making a shirt that says `Lexx Rules’ is definitely a good idea & I’ll try to make 1 before the convention; since I’ll be going to the bank & AAA on Monday, I’ll just stop by the SNowline Hospice Thrift Store where I work & pick 1 up, wash it & put the `Lexx Rules’ logo on it before I pack it; I may even put it on my carry-on.
    To me, Dragon*Con means:
    D = Dragon*Con
    R = Raides
    A = Atlanta
    G = GA
    O = on
    C = Conventions
    O = Out
    N = Nighttime
    I hope to see you all, talk with you nice people & spend time with you all next week.
    Take care & I’ll see next weekend.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

P.E.: I like your idea of going shirtless, Trini_T.

mandara k
    Participant

I think shirtless ( or a reasonable fascimile of) will get our statement across in an oh so yet male oriented field and or world. It definitely would get us noticed ( if not arrested) so I don’t think it would work but hell I’m up for rocking a few boats and/or ruffling a few feathers.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jhevz:
    I really don’t have any expectations of what any of you look like, but you, Frey, probably talk with a Canadian accent, like my father does.

You might be sorely disappointed in that expectation.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by stormsweeper:
    You might be sorely disappointed in that expectation.

*theFrey wonders if Storm has any idea where she grew up at.”

mandara k
    Participant

It’s one of those things that kinda make ya go hmmmmm. In a past life she was a French Canadien explorer that hacked through the wilderness; fighting wild animals; now she’s ready for her next challenge; Trekkies!!
    Will she be up to the task? Tune in next week to see.

theFrey
    Participant

Nothing so dramatic. I grew up in Buffalo, which has many Canadians in it, and my mother’s best friend was Canadian. Hence, I spent a lot of time playing with her Canadian daughter. We use to go to Canada weekly when I was a kid.

mandara k
    Participant

Aww; you ruined my story. Oh well that’s life.

Anonymous

As originally posted by Mandara K

I think shirtless(or a reasonable fascimile of) will get our point across in an oh so yet male oriented field and or world.It would definately get us noticed(if not arrested)

ARRESTED!NOT A CHANCE!
    Check outDragonCon.comSome gals are practically buck naked,many don’t wear bottoms,lots of thongs-topless is definitely not a big deal! However, I would not go completely shirtless…I have a struggling designer friend who does some interesting things with bubble and saran wrap… T_T

mandara k
    Participant

Oy vay, what am I getting myself into?

I say, that is so dime a dozen; but to undress but not taking anything off or expose too much tastefully; that’s a talent.
    I personally am not just another “glory hole”.

If you wear it (or not) they will come, but if you want experiment with that go ahead; I’ll back you up (and make sure your hubby brings a club!)

Anonymous

Clothes, no clothes, its all insignificant!
    We are all just getting ourselves into a very good time, that is all! And my significant other…he is used to bailing me(and whomever else I drag along ) out of trouble- sometimes it is useful to have a hockey player with a third degree black belt along! And speaking of him, he is not thrilled with where this thread is going, so I’m SIGNING OFF, O.K. NEO? on the “state of undress” issue! T_T

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.