Lexx Final Epsiode Guides, where art thee?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx Final Epsiode Guides, where art thee?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

… Once the site is running properly, I’ll get back to writing – that’s what I set it up for after all.

Besides, I’ve GOT to finish the writups – after all the hard work theFrey did in sending me the episodes, it would be very bad of me not to.

Yes it would ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€ And now a few passages only the most recent query I have received.

Gemini wrote:

… Subject: LEXX Episode Reviews

…. I am an avid fan of the LEXX series and a member of Sadgeezer’s web site.

After looking around Sadgeezer’s site I have not found LEXX episode reviews above LEXX_4-16_Moss…

… or point me to a section of the Sadgeezer site that has more reviews I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and efforts… aka: Gemini

Saddy, Saddy, Saddy…. you must reach deep within yourself and rediscover your inner Lexx. We need closure. They need closure, the site needs closeure. ;D

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Saddy : I will eat a nugget of my own poop, if you complete this task in the next four weeks.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Anonymous

You know, I actually copied the avi’s onto my portable and took it to Siberia on holiday with me. Unfortunately, cuddles from the wife and too much vodka stopped me from writing any episodes.

I have to say though, the pressue is begining to pull at the ol’ heartstrings and I guess I’ll just have to get back into the reviewing spirit.

Watch this space…. Well, the LEXX Guides anyway. I’m halfway through the Kin Dza Dza reviews but I’ll put them on hold and definately get some LEXX reviews done in the next couple of weeks…. Promise!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    theFrey wrote:

…the site needs closeure.

Oh no! Not again! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜†

lexxrobotech wrote:

Saddy : I will eat a nugget of my own poop, if you complete this task in the next four weeks.

Surely an offer few could resist.

SadGeezer wrote:

…I’m halfway through the Kin Dza Dza reviews but I’ll put them on hold and definately get some LEXX reviews done in the next couple of weeks…. Promise!

Best of luck with the Lexx reviews, I look forward to reading them. Still, saddened to hear you’ll be putting off finishing the Din Kza Kza ones. It’s the greatest movie that hardly anyone knows — the more people who know about it the better.

Hope you enjoyed your time in Siberia. I hear the tundra just gets better and better looking with each successive shot of vodka. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Kidding, I know there are many beautiful places there.

Anonymous
    Logan wrote:

Best of luck with the Lexx reviews, I look forward to reading them. Still, saddened to hear you’ll be putting off finishing the Din Kza Kza ones. It’s the greatest movie that hardly anyone knows — the more people who know about it the better.

Yep, I’m really enjoying reviewing Kin Dza Dza ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s just very slow :/

Logan wrote:

Hope you enjoyed your time in Siberia.

We did! We traveled around the Altai Mountains for a while (just north of Mongolia) and then back to Novosibirsk. The weather was around 25 degrees Centigrade (ie. hotter than the UK ๐Ÿ™‚ And before you all think that this was an exotic holiday, you should realise that I was their with my wife to visit the Mother in Law ๐Ÿ™‚ (Who’s a real sweetie by the way )

Logan wrote:

I hear the tundra just gets better and better looking with each successive shot of vodka. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Haha, so does the wife ๐Ÿ™‚

theFrey
    Participant

Yeah!!!!! A new episode review!

*theFrey does a happy-happy chair dance!*

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Can anyone write episode reviews or should the writers have sth to do with this site? I’m asking, because I would enjoy writing one, if I knew someone would read it here ๐Ÿ™‚

Jhevz
    Participant
    n5 -kopele wrote:

Can anyone write episode reviews or should the writers have sth to do with this site? I’m asking, because I would enjoy writing one, if I knew someone would read it here ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to our Lexx Fandom, n5-kopele,
    I’m glad you signed up to this fine site & hope you stay awhile; I also hope you get a chance to read my `How to become a good poster’, from my Discussion Forum Help at the end of the forums. I also hope you post as much as you can, since there’s some really good reading here.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

n5 -kopele
    Participant

I am not quite sure you understood what I wrote. I asked if I (a bulgarian teenager, who doesn’t know any of the admins of this site, and even makes some spelling and grammar mistakes in english) could write some episode reviews for sadgeezer.com . I know the basic rules for posting in forums like this one. Thank you anyway for your advices on how to become a better poster and thank you for welcoming me ๐Ÿ˜€ .

theFrey
    Participant

Actually many people that are not moderators write reviews on the various shows we cover.

Will they be come a posted to the main review section? Depends…. ๐Ÿ˜€ Mainly on how good they are. Tony has standards ya know.

But…. the Lexx Reviews are a special case. You see, Lexx season 4 was not shown in the UK, so that meant that someone (me) had to stay up past midnight every Friday doing a double tape to make sure they had a good copy for Tony, then package it up and take it to the post office bright and early the Saturday morning so he would get them no later than the following Wednesday.

Oh…. and the episodes that were delayed in the US? Ah those episodes, someone (me) had to nag their little hacker buddies in Sweden and Germany to get from their buddies in Canada. Which were then downloaded (slowly) burned to a disk and mailed during a skipped lunch break the following Monday so that Tony would have them by Thursday.

So what does this really mean???? Well I guess you could say that already having go to so much crap to get the episodes to Tony in a more than timely manner I’ll be b*tched if he is not going to finish them ….and since theNieceletts and theSister are now in UK-land, Tony is running a real risk of stepping out his door some morning and getting whompped upside his head if he doesn’t finished them pretty darn toot-sweet.

But the good news is, that if Tony finishes them soon, he may be able to avoid having the side of his head stove in and I will be able to collect them in to a nice book form for all of our Libraries. ๐Ÿ˜€ Wouldn’t that be nice?

Tony…… does thou understandth?

n5 -kopele
    Participant

What can I say… I’m speechless! Tony’d better get moving…

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

Tony…… does thou understandeth?

Thou thoroughly’eth understandeth! Thou muchly appreciateth thine efforts in steadfastly producing thy perfect LEXX CD’s and thou-est feels forever in thy dept!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Had lots of work pressures this month and me and Katya gave up smoking three weeks ago so getting motivated to do something other than eat and mope around is tough at the moment.

However, week four is when things start to get less edgy and sure enough, I’m feeling a bit like my ol’ self. So confident am I that I can promise the next review out this weekend! and others to follow hopefully each week thereafter – It’s not just LEXX, I have Aeon, Firefly and Red Dwarf reviews to complete too :/ (but first things first ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Anonymous
    n5 -kopele wrote:

I am not quite sure you understood what I wrote. I asked if I (a bulgarian teenager, who doesn’t know any of the admins of this site, and even makes some spelling and grammar mistakes in english) could write some episode reviews for sadgeezer.com . I know the basic rules for posting in forums like this one. Thank you anyway for your advices on how to become a better poster and thank you for welcoming me ๐Ÿ˜€ .

We would be very happy for you to post some reviews on SadGeezer.com. It’s fairly simple to do. The following should help.

I suggest that you write your review in a word processor like Microsoft Word or similar. Check it for spelling, typo’s and grammar (like wot I alwayts doo on my reviews) and save the text to pure html file.

This last bit is quite important since Microsoft Word adds lots of weird XML commands in the text when you save it as a HTML file.

Finally, select the ‘Submit a Review’ from the Submissions section in the main menu and select the category that you would like to post your review in (eg, Furturama, LEXX Babylon 5 etc. (- by the way, it’s OK to do a review of an episode that someone else has already done!))

Enter your Title eg: LEXX: Episode 409: Kai Goes on a Diet

Don’t bother with the Language setting – just leave it as All

Now cut and paste your review text in the Review box. Notice that you will get a weird “Use WYSIWYG Editor” message (this means do you want to use the ‘what you see is what you get’ editor – it makes formatting your review easier – select OK).

Once your text has been pasted into the Review box, you can use the fancy text formatting buttons to change the colour and attributes of the text (eg. I always (if I remember) make quoted text in bold and my personal comments in italic). You can even upload pictures and include them in your review.

BEST OF ALL – you aren’t gonna screw the site up if you make a mistake, all reviews are vetted by a moderator before they are posted on the site.

This is a overly long winded explanation of the joys of adding your own reviews on SadGeezer.com – it’s usually simpler than that (once you’ve done one) and we are always around to give you advice. Try one and see! ๐Ÿ™‚

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Thanks a lot, really ๐Ÿ™‚ I will certainly enjoy writing a review ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll surely have more questions later, but I’ll get on with the job as soon as I can ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.