Lexx idiosyncrasies

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx idiosyncrasies

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

Sometimes shows will use the same element over and over in different episodes under different circumstances, even to the point in which it becomes silly. Here are a few of Lexx‘s peculiar repeating themes:

Cannibalism
    Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow
    Lexx 1.2: Super Nova
    Lexx 1.3: Eating Pattern
    Lexx 1.4: The Giga Shadow
    Lyekka
    White Trash
    Patches in the Sky
    Garden
    Heaven and Hell
    Fluff Daddy

Evil Doctors/Sadistic Surgery
    Terminal
    Brizon
    Tunnels
    Magic Baby

Bodily Possession/Mind Control
    Mantrid
    Wake the Dead
    Twilight
    The Net
    The Web
    Xevivor
    Walpurgis Night
    Vlad

Shapeshifting/Disguises
    Lyekka
    Norb
    Brigadoom
    The End of the Universe
    Boomtown
    Gondola
    Tunnels
    The Key
    Vlad

Resurrection
    Lexx 1.4: Super Nova
    Mantrid
    Lyekka
    Nook
    Twilight
    Patches in the Sky
    The Net
    The Web
    Brigadoom
    May
    Gametown
    K-Town
    Tunnels
    Garden
    Girltown
    Heaven and Hell
    Little Blue Planet
    P4X
    Xevivor
    Walpurgis Night
    Vlad
    Fluff Daddy
    Magic Baby

Sex
    Mantrid
    Terminal
    Luvliner
    Lafftrak
    Stan’s Trial
    Love Grows
    White Trash
    Wake the Dead
    Nook
    Twilight
    Woz
    Brizon
    The End of the Universe
    Gametown
    Gondola
    The Key
    Garden
    Little Blue Planet
    Texx Lexx
    P4X
    Xevivor
    The Rock
    Walpurgis Night
    Fluff Daddy
    Magic Baby

Anonymous

Um…and your point is?

Anonymous

hehehe, you just mentioned the 6 ingredients vital for a successfull SciFi series.

Anonymous

Shouldn’t you have all the episodes under ‘sex’?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Sometimes shows will use the same element over and over in different episodes under different circumstances, even to the point in which it becomes silly.

Nice idea, but I feel like being silly, so I have a few questions:

Cannibalism–
    Should we count Lyekka as a cannibal since she isn’t actually eating her own species?

How about Xev eating brains in Twilight?

Is Brizon a form of cannibalism rather than surgery?

And please remind me what the cannibalism was in Heaven and Hell–I’m drawing a blank.

Sex–
    I probably shouldn’t open this can of worms, but I don’t quite understand the criteria–how does Mantrid (included), for example, have more sex than Lyekka (not included) and so on. Actually, I think Hypatia is right, you might as well throw in all the episodes under this category; innuendo is good enough for me!

elmey

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Elmey:
    Nice idea, but I feel like being silly, so I have a few questions:

Cannibalism–
    Should we count Lyekka as a cannibal since she isn’t actually eating her own species?

You’re right. Technically she’s an anthropophage (but if I said that I would get responses like “Is that a Shakespearean quote or a Metallica album?” )

quote:

How about Xev eating brains in Twilight?

Forgot about that.

quote:

Is Brizon a form of cannibalism rather than surgery?

That’s really more tissue grafting than eating.

quote:

And please remind me what the cannibalism was in Heaven and Hell–I’m drawing a blank.

It wasn’t really cannibalism, just, uh, attempted cannibalism. Prince asked Zev to eat Priest’s brains. She couldn’t bring herself to do it.

quote:

Sex–
    I probably shouldn’t open this can of worms, but I don’t quite understand the criteria–how does Mantrid (included), for example, have more sex than Lyekka (not included) and so on.

In Mantrid Zev said she’d have sex with Stan if he took the Lexx through the fractal core. But she didn’t hold to her word.

I don’t remember any sex in Lyekka.

quote:

Originally posted by Mayaxiong:
    Um…and your point is?

My point is I make a lot of lists and this message board is my main outlet.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

Well if you want to get technical there really isn’t much of a Lexx episode other than Nook and Boomtown where sex actually happens…least none that I can remember…I would remember sex….I think….ok well it *HAS* been a while……

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    , yes the fact that there is no real sex on lexx has been discussed here before, but as you say, my memories are getting hazy; read any good books lately?

There are only six episodes where actual sexual intercourse tales place:

White Trash -Stan has sex with Sissy.
    Nook -Zev has sex with Brother Stack and two other Nookians.
    Boomtown -I haven’t seen this episode yet, but I hear Stan has sex with a woman in it.
    The Key -Stan has sex with Prince.
    The Rock -Bunny has sex with Brund.
    Walpurgis Night -Stan has sex with Muffy.

The other episodes listed just have sexual reference, innuendo, or attampted sexual intercourse. Lexx seems to have more sexual elements altogether than the average science fiction television series.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gelfling:
    Well if you want to get technical there really isn’t much of a Lexx episode other than Nook and Boomtown where sex actually happens…least none that I can remember…I would remember sex….I think….ok well it *HAS* been a while……

, yes the fact that there is no real sex on lexx has been discussed here before, but as you say, my memories are getting hazy; read any good books lately?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Boomtown -I haven’t seen this episode yet, but I hear Stan has sex with a woman in it.

actually, stan has sex with quite a few women in that one, dt poor old xev never quite gets there, and kai only gets a foot-job …but yeah, except for the last season of farscape, lexx seems to have a lot more sex and innuendo than the other series…unless, of course, you count the lesbian overtones of xena

Anonymous

You did forget just one more…Love Grows, Xev and Stan engage in sex, even though their genitalia are reversed, which gives rise to one of Kai’s funniest speeches, on how Xev is still technically a virgin, but Stanley is not.
    Does 790 and Shlemmi count?

There’s also the possibility of sex in Fluffdaddy, but no one is really sure yet…

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    There’s also the possibility of sex in Fluffdaddy, but no one is really sure yet…

explain please?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

You did forget just one more…Love Grows, Xev and Stan engage in sex, even though their genitalia are reversed, which gives rise to one of Kai’s funniest speeches, on how Xev is still technically a virgin, but Stanley is not.

Uh, I don’t remember that. Are you sure you’re not imagining things?

quote:

That’s another episode I still need to see.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

explain please?

Dick Dongler and LooLoo??

elmey

Anonymous

Uh, no DT, I did not ‘imagine’ it..
    Just get the dvd and see for yourself. The ep Love Grows is the one with the space truckers carrying the category 13 biohazard stuff that turns everyone into the opposite sex.

When the older lady from the ship attempts to have her ‘way’ with Stanley, Xev intercedes, then you hear the sounds of whoopie, then Stan comes back in closing up his jumpsuit, while Xev says, “Oh, make me something to eat first.” After the Lexx sprinkles his little blue glittery antidote on them, everyone changes back. That’s why you hear 790 scream “Stanley, you slut!!” when they come back to the bridge. Xev asks if she is still virgin now because of her liason with Stan, and the speech I was talking about comes right after that.. go watch it and see, it’s one of the funniest eps ever.

Anonymous

Oh, I forgot about the Fluffdaddy ep.

There’s some discussion over whether Xev and ActorLive Kai ‘did it’ while she was going through her cluster-lizard estrus. Kai told her that she would eat her ‘mate’..but Live
    Kai says he’s remaining celibate. However, when Xev awakes later, she’s eaten the Live Kai, and is very distraught, while Kai watches in sympathy from behind the setboard.
    So far no one knows if they ‘did’ or ‘didn’t’, so it’s kind of up in the air until later on in the season, I think we’ll see more about this later. Oddly enough, after that ep, the incident was never brought up again, as if it never happened, Xev didn’t ask Kai what happened or anything.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Uh, no DT, I did not ‘imagine’ it..
    Just get the dvd and see for yourself. The ep Love Grows is the one with the space truckers carrying the category 13 biohazard stuff that turns everyone into the opposite sex.

When the older lady from the ship attempts to have her ‘way’ with Stanley, Xev intercedes, then you hear the sounds of whoopie, then Stan comes back in closing up his jumpsuit, while Xev says, “Oh, make me something to eat first.” After the Lexx sprinkles his little blue glittery antidote on them, everyone changes back. That’s why you hear 790 scream “Stanley, you slut!!” when they come back to the bridge. Xev asks if she is still virgin now because of her liason with Stan, and the speech I was talking about comes right after that.. go watch it and see, it’s one of the funniest eps ever.

I saw the episode, but I have no memory of the scene or dialog you’re referring to.

As for Fluff Daddy, I haven’t seen the episode yet (and it’s killing me! Incomplete Lexxperience… ), but it is my understanding that Zev’s eating people was part of the seven-year Cluster lizard mating cycle (gee, does that sound like a race we know? ). Now, at the time she ate the living Kai she was at peak œstrus, which would imply, uh…fertility. So I would think that if she did actually mate with him she would be pregnant.

Anonymous

Again, DT, just go back and watch it, instead of continuously saying you have no memory of seeing that or the dialog, I don’t think that would be so difficult. especially since you haven’t see alot of the episodes at all…
    Just saying you don’t remember it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It’s on my taped tv version, it’s on the dvd….geez..

Anonymous

quote:

Again, DT, just go back and watch it, instead of continuously saying you have no memory of seeing that or the dialog, I don’t think that would be so difficult. especially since you haven’t see alot of the episodes at all…
    Just saying you don’t remember it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It’s on my taped tv version, it’s on the dvd….geez..

Oh, you’re opening a can of worms with that one…This is going to mean that you’re taking part in an “unprovoked attack” and that you’re one of my “followers.”

Next thing you know, you’ll be making “ridiculous” accusations about him. Not to mention taking the “illogical” position that he might be wrong (he’s right 80% of the time! You must not forget that!).

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

I didn’t say it didn’t happened, I just don’t remember it. The (American) Sci-Fi Channel version was missing at least two scenes that are described on Slopmaster’s site, that might’ve been cut as well. I don’t have all the episodes on tape, but I have seen nearly every one. I only had to miss Boomtown, Vlad, Fluff Daddy, and Magic Baby due to circumstances beyond my control.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.