Lexx in Japan?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trillian
    Participant

I posted this on SciFi board too. I would have posted on the bored, but I’m having some technical problems with it.

I had heard a while back that Lexx was to air in Japan, but I haven’t heard anything new about it. Anyone know if it’s airing? If it is, is it getting a warm reception? Any fans lurking out there from Japan? Just curious.

And so far my one reply is from Rinmackie who wrote:
    >>I think Lexx would be well received in Japan because it reminds me so much of Japanese anime, even if it isn’t animated. I’d even love to see it on Japanese tv and hear Kai speak Japanese. And of course, I’d love to get their reaction to it. Plus, I’m wondering if Japanese women will drool over Kai the way we do. Anybody has any info, please let us know!>>

so anyone got anymore info on this?

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

I just wonder how they’ll take the sexual imagery? I’ve heard from some people that they are a conservative bunch and from others that they’re pretty wacky.

I’m assuming they’ll be starting with the season 1 movies. Just imagine 790 taunting Stan in Japanese. How’s that gonna work?

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

I just wonder how they’ll take the sexual imagery? I’ve heard from some people that they are a conservative bunch and from others that they’re pretty wacky.

I’m assuming they’ll be starting with the season 1 movies. Just imagine 790 taunting Stan in Japanese. How’s that gonna work?

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

trillian
    Participant

The more I think about it, the more I wonder. What about the violent aspects of the show? Are there problems pertaining to that? And the unique voices of it? Who would do the voice overs?

After seeing the “All your base are belong to us” translations, would there be problems in the translation? Would they even bother to translate it? Questions, questions, questions, who has the answers, answers, answers? (I just got done reading a post from Valdron. It makes one feel a tad loopy.)

Just kidding Val.

cuddles

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

The more I think about it, the more I wonder. What about the violent aspects of the show? Are there problems pertaining to that? And the unique voices of it? Who would do the voice overs?

After seeing the “All your base are belong to us” translations, would there be problems in the translation? Would they even bother to translate it? Questions, questions, questions, who has the answers, answers, answers? (I just got done reading a post from Valdron. It makes one feel a tad loopy.)

Just kidding Val.

cuddles

——————

Christine Carroll
    Participant

This is for the question about how Japanese would receive Lexx because of its “sexual” content…whatever…. Have any of you seen a honest to god manga or anime show that was made in Japan?? Not the kiddie ones you seen on Cartoon Network,or any other cable network… The ones that you MAY be able to rent at the video store, the ones that come straight from Japan undubbed….(most times) they are twisted and full of SEX that you would be tongue tied!!! The Japanese have so of weirdest stuff that they watch…. Hint if your oppused to “sex” on the net don’t ever look up of “anime art” or any thing anime….. you come up with some of the nastiest stuff……I made the mistake of doing that yesterday…I was look up aniem pics….I was trying to find color book type pics to print for my frinds little kid ….what I found was NOT FOR THE EYES OF PEOPLE UNDER 18 !!! or older if you STUPID! anyway thought I would tell you … how that clears up that little question!!

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Christine Carroll
    Participant

This is for the question about how Japanese would receive Lexx because of its “sexual” content…whatever…. Have any of you seen a honest to god manga or anime show that was made in Japan?? Not the kiddie ones you seen on Cartoon Network,or any other cable network… The ones that you MAY be able to rent at the video store, the ones that come straight from Japan undubbed….(most times) they are twisted and full of SEX that you would be tongue tied!!! The Japanese have so of weirdest stuff that they watch…. Hint if your oppused to “sex” on the net don’t ever look up of “anime art” or any thing anime….. you come up with some of the nastiest stuff……I made the mistake of doing that yesterday…I was look up aniem pics….I was trying to find color book type pics to print for my frinds little kid ….what I found was NOT FOR THE EYES OF PEOPLE UNDER 18 !!! or older if you STUPID! anyway thought I would tell you … how that clears up that little question!!

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.