Lexx is DEAD

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Its starting to finally look like fan interest in Lexx is dead. There has hardly been any interest in this section for ages, My Lexx site hardly gets any hits even more and my Little Lexx petition hardly gets a signature. I must even admit I dont really check here much myself. Every so often Ill stick on a Lexx DVD but without any new material to discuss it seems that Lexx discussion and interest on the internet is dieing. Fingers crossed for a Lexx Movie or Spin-Off so we can re-ignite our passion for the show.

Flamegrape
    Participant

My Xev Picture Archive website gets on average about 15,000 hits every week.

Anonymous

Thats probably got to do with the increased interest in Xenia than an interest in Lexx.

pet
    Participant

Individual ISP hits on my site and emails from it keep growing, though not to the extent on Flamegrape’s site. (Thankfully! I don’t want to spend all my fun budget on bandwidth! Arg!)

I don’t have any sexy Xenia pictures. In fact, I don’t have any cast photos at all, so I can’t attribute it to that.

Pet;D

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: pet ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    Thats probably got to do with the increased interest in Xenia than an interest in Lexx.

LOL. Maybe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Strangely the traffic on the fanclub group seems to have soared lately.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    Strangely the traffic on the fanclub group seems to have soared lately.

Which fanclub? The pumpus one that dont do much at all to call them a fanclub? The fanclub that someone from England was trying to get Xenia’s peeps to send them DVD’s, CD’s etc.. to sell on the “Fanclub” site and get paid like it was a job, LOL!

Down with fanclubs! I and others have done more without then with.

I know! I will start my own club! The Anti-fanclub club!

HDS

[ 09-12-2002: Message edited by: HisDivineShadow ]

Anonymous

What did I say? Enjoy the DVDs. Me thinks it’s all we’re gonna be left with. Unless something Star Trekish occurs…

Flamegrape
    Participant

There’s a fan club?

Oh, wait a second. You mean this[/url]?
    What do they do?
    (I signed up for the mailing list, but I wonder if i had already done that a long time ago…)

mandara k
    Participant

Like ST Nemesis. I’d like to see someone puts lights out on that smug b…… Picard.

Anonymous

“Death be not without rebirth…the Phoenix shall awake at the appointed hour.”
    Lexx is not dead! Don’t be absurd! New blood is what’s needed-new passion, new ideas, new peeps with new ways of doing things! It may not sit well with many fans, but things need to morph…to change,to adapt and overcome! If the “official” fan club has gone into sleep mode, why can’t a new one become “sanctioned?” Why wouldn’t the Beanes shed their blessings on an infusion of new blood-new enthusiasm? Why can’t North America, or at least us vulgar,over-commercialized Americans organize a separate fan club? What if such a group could propel the Lexx cast into sizzling-hot property,(now, with the show officially over and long gone), create a tremendous demand for Lexx merchandise, and proclaim “Yeah, we know Kai is gone, we’re willing to move on and prove Lexx is marketable without him!!!!!!” Oh wait a minute…some of that is already happening…could it be? It’s without the backing of the official fan club!
    Obviously the pot needs to be stirred and things shaken up a bit! I wonder…(and this may be a Valdron question) what a buy-out of the rights to LEXX would take? A hostile take over? (j/k)This is not a dead issue! I feel the same as HDS and quite a few others!

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

HDS, we have never ever been paid for the work we do for the fanclub. I once got a cheque towards my hosting fees, and that was simply money left over from subscriptions after we stopped printing the magazine. I haven’t a clue what you’re saying about Xenia, and we’ve never sold anything except for membership (which has been free for a long time). We used to give away signed postcards and run the odd competition for merchandise donated by Salter, but they stopped supporting us when Lexx ended.

Flame, ‘they’ is pretty much ‘me’ these days, and there’s only so much one person can do. I’d like to revamp the site, but I don’t know where to start and at the moment simply don’t have the time. Twice I’ve run a forum on the site, as JJ will attest to, and neither time has it seem enough use to be worth keeping so the last time we moved servers I never bothered reinstalling.

mandara k
    Participant

I really wanted to stay out of this forum; but I do have to say something to support Trini T in the fact that it is changing; the fandom base I mean.

It seems this show seemed to have been a kind of fluke; something kicked around in the large buggy brain of the hallowed bean of PD. Networking as must happen if you are in the “BIZ” he probably sold it to some backer; pulled together some pals and came up with this show.

The popularity i think caught them by surprise, though I don’t understand that; Mr. D made quality work before; sooner or later he would have got mass appeal down right and already he knows how critics work at this particular time. What is that line; “keep your friends close,
    but your enemies closer; yeah that dance with critics.

though I appreciate what founding LEXX fans have done for this show, there are still a few of us around that are not such as interested in the physicality of the actors of the show- which played a part to the appeal- but feel that there was a story to these tales of the parallel universes. Because there was 3 1/2 main characters and they worked hard to build them, to “flesh them out” the resolution of the conflict of just one character does not a complete story make.

Everybody knows(some turkey and some mistletoe) that a lot of the fans are drawn to the idea of Kai and the physique of MM as well as Ms. Seeburg. When he died, they went with him and stopped supporting and posting, etc… There was also the big conflict with season 2 to 3 and now #4.

I watched LEXX because it is not the same sci-fi drivel; it was not afraid to get down and dirty and pushed buttons. I don’t neccessarily agree with all of it but ya got to go with its it freshness.

And that’s why it ended because it’s a big amount of cash and it seems ideas were running thin.

They went out on there terms and I respect that; they did not milk LEXX for every penny nor did they milk us dry; (they let the dealers do that) which is something that should have been handled by pros a few years back; then fans and SS, AA everyone would have been happy campers and there would have been no deficit of a mill.

These are only my opinions; take or leave them; the show is done and hindsight is always the best.

Peace

mandara k
    Participant

BTW, I’ve got to give credit to the Beanesses and their supporting cast and crew for even attempting this last season.
    Creatively, it must have been one hell of a struggle to do another season let alone 24 eps. Doing pretty much the same thing for all of that time, yeesh, hell for a creative person. What line was it in “Storm of the Century”, “Hell is repetition”; doing something over and over again until it feels like the movie “Groundhog’s Day”

These are highly talented and creative peeps with a lot going on even while making this show. I would surely have to have a lot of irons in the fire if I had the same old grind to do everyday; just to be sane and remain connected to the world.

You know it must be a mixed blessing; creativity in media today. It’s like economics really, trying to predict what the public wants yet to remain apart in order to pursue an independent course. I find that its all linked; the evolutionary process of the individual and the larger picture of what an individual does. I find myself asking what did you learn from the experience? If you did not, you missed the lesson and you may have to repeat it in another.

Mr. D; sir. Sorry there is a master plan; I hope you find it ——————-

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    HDS, we have never ever been paid for the work we do for the fanclub. I once got a cheque towards my hosting fees, and that was simply money left over from subscriptions after we stopped printing the magazine. I haven’t a clue what you’re saying about Xenia, and we’ve never sold anything except for membership (which has been free for a long time). We used to give away signed postcards and run the odd competition for merchandise donated by Salter, but they stopped supporting us when Lexx ended.

Well Cat, I’m not going to play name game but I can tell you this came from the horses mouth. So I am just repeating what they told me.

HDS

Anonymous

Mr. Ed talks to you?

elmey

mandara k
    Participant

I want to have a discussion with that push-me=pull-you llama animal in the original Dr. Doolittle. In case of arguements it would be 2 against 1 though and that would blow.

mandara k
    Participant

Hell yeah, we could do our own thang as long as we kissed the ring and or any other part we need to kiss. Sanction, smanction if it’s done in good taste (ahh—sort of good taste- i know its Lexx and all)and they make some bucks what is the problem; so it buys Lex G a new baseball cap or Mr D some new flip flops; what’s the problem? I would like to see a 790 toaster cosy or even a toaster that alternates screaming “Kai” or “Xev” when your toast is done Or better it does lines while the bread is toasting and then moans its 2 loves; yeah that’s the ticket

Anonymous

originally posted by Mandara K

but I do have to say something to support Trini T in the fact that it is changing; the fandom base I mean.

Thanx! Why I have such long, complicated, explanations for simple statements is annoying, even to me! Thanks for putting it so concisely! And as for me- I’m still pining away for a 790 alarm clock with all those worshipful homages directed at ME!

Anonymous

Yes, LEXX is dead, like many other things in my life. But life goes on without them.

MM

nipht
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    My Lexx site hardly gets any hits even more and my Little Lexx petition hardly gets a signature.

Hm. Too bad — I only re-discovered Lexx a few months ago.

I for one might sign the petition, but unfortunately I’m tired of installing Flash players, Quicktime plugins and whatnot else over and over again, things I’ll use about twice or so during the lifespan of my typical OS installation.

Yes, I know, that’s probably not much of an issue with most ppl, so please don’t feel too criticised here, but still …some people just happen to like it simple.

Good luck.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.