Lexx is pregnant!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just a theory to expand upon the “what’s wrong with the Lexx” speculation in Dutch Treat. It’s throwing up, very hungry, etc. I don’t know how. Any suggestions? Or am I competely out in left field?

DalekTek790
    Participant

Love Grows established that the Lexx is male. So if it is pregnant, then it’s a continuity error.

Honestly, I don’t think that was what the Giga Shadow’s tentacle was doing when it penetrated the Lexx.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    Just a theory to expand upon the “what’s wrong with the Lexx” speculation in Dutch Treat. It’s throwing up, very hungry, etc. I don’t know how. Any suggestions? Or am I competely out in left field?

I was thinking along the same lines, but not until after it had eaten holland, and that other bug went flying arround the Lexx. but as pointed out by DalekTek790, Lexx is male, so if anything, the other bug could become pregnant??? what do you think?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Love Grows established that the Lexx is male. So if it is pregnant, then it’s a continuity error.

I’m not sure if it was ever stated as a solid fact that the Lexx was male. I prefer to think that the Lexx is asexual.

-SM

Anonymous

I agree with Dalek here, I felt Love Grows really put an end to the He/She of Lexx. When Lexx’s sex was reversed it was clearly feminine, and Brizon and Mantrid both refer to Lexx as a He.

I think instead Lexx inseminated the tiny dragonfly(dont ask how or how much that would hurt) and after mating I’ve been told male Dragonflies die.

edit: PS Btw Slop thats a great dictionary you have. Tons of entries with great pics, must of put a lot of work into it. Kudos

[ 11-03-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Dragonflies belong to the insect order Odonata. The order Odonata has 3 suborders: Anisoptera, Zygoptera, and Anisozygoptera. I know that all male zygopterans die shortly after mating, and females die shortly after laying their eggs. That is true of at least some anisopterans, but I don’t know if it’s true of all. And I know nothing of the third suborder.

But even if all dragonflies do die after mating, that doesn’t mean the Lexx will. The Insects don’t always conform biologically to the insects on Earth. Plus the Lexx was grown as a weapon of destruction, not as part of a proposed race. Its sexual characteristics may be vestigial, atavisms from the Insect template that was used in its creation.

I missed Dutch Treat (but I have it recorded and I will see it eventually), so I don’t know what happened between the Lexx and this other bug (“Nothing happened, Stan. We just talked the whole time. Honest.”).

A while ago, I calculated that a female lexx would be something like 15 kilometers long (whereas the Lexx is 10), based on the relative sizes of male and female anisopteran dragonflies. Dragonflies mate in what is called “the wheel position” (I’m not making this up).

DalekTek790
    Participant

Hey, maybe “The Wheel” is a dirty Insect poem Kai heard 2,000 years ago.

Okay, I’ll stop trying to be funny.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Dragonflies mate in what is called “the wheel position”

You wanna elaborate on that one?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    You wanna elaborate on that one?

Female dragonflies have their reproductive organs in their lower thorax, males have theirs at the tip of their abdomens. They couple in a kind of head-to-tail position like a double ouroboros to mate.

Headgehog
    Participant

Interesting DT. Sounds kind like another position we humans call “69”.

Maybe the series will end up with lesser lexxs’ being born and the lexx dying.

Anonymous

I kind of missed Lexx’s “new friend.” Having seen the episode by now, DT, what’s the word on what that thing was?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    I kind of missed Lexx’s “new friend.” Having seen the episode by now, DT, what’s the word on what that thing was?

Y’know, it’s a funny story. I downloaded what I thought was the video recording of the episodes Mort and Dutch treat on Kazaa. But when I went to play Dutch Treat Friday I found that it was just the audio. So I still haven’t seen the episode.

Anonymous

The pregnancy issue sounds good, well to me because of my little take on the cycle of time theory.
    I think Lexx picked up that bug when eating Holland, if Lexx has impregnated it, then it’s possible we are seeing the beginnings of a semi-intelligent race…which will eventually develop into the gargatuan insects of the insect wars.
    Remember these bugs were intelligent, and the cross-breeding of a normal dragonfly with the Lexx may just have spawned a new race, which have the genetic make-up to become absolutely massive, but taking several thousand years to reach that size.
    I don’t think Lexx is pregnant though as I go with the people who say he’s male, he was only ‘throwing up’ because he was beginning to fall apart, so that puts to rest the argument that Lexx could survive on his own, so it looks like Lexx will eventually die, as I think the crew of the Lexx will abandon him, especially if Kai does become alive, it’s likely Xev will finally get her man and Stan may just end up settling down (actually Stans future may be the biggest mystery), but my point of view is that there will be a happy ending, and the consequences of all they have done will be revisited in the future i.e all the events that are mentioned in ‘I Worship His Shadow’.
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Y’know, it’s a funny story. I downloaded what I thought was the video recording of the episodes Mort and Dutch treat on Kazaa. But when I went to play Dutch Treat Friday I found that it was just the audio. So I still haven’t seen the episode.

Is it an .avi file? If so the video is there you just need to install another codec.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Is it an .avi file? If so the video is there you just need to install another codec.

Headgehog is is probably correct. I hope you didn’t delete the file. FYI, “codec” means compressor/decompressor. In this case, video codec. MP3 is another codec, for example.

People are putting episodes of Lexx on the internet? Far OUT!

Anonymous

You’d be surprised all the crap they post on Kazaa. That server has everything.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

What is a video codec and how do I install one?

theFrey
    Participant

ummm, people. I think we are getting a little off topic here. Also if you guys want to discuss this, perhaps a private chat or list might be best. Okay?

There. All better now.

Now back on topic. Actually I was half expecting something to happen when Lexx had his little green Amazon salad. I thought perhaps that is why they made a point of showing us basicly undisturbed trees and grasses and bird watchers.

Headgehog
    Participant

Sorry Frey last one.

quote:

What is a video codec and how do I install one?

I belive you need to downlaod divx for it to work. I did this awhile ago for similar purposes, but I forgot was I specifically did. If this dl doesn’t work contact me by email. http://www.divx.com/divx/%5B/url%5D

theFrey
    Participant

Good, because I will delete the next one I see on any list. You know people this is what private email is for. Let us use it in the future, or take it off list.

Flamegrape
    Participant

BUSTED! (LOL)

Anonymous

Haha! Everything’s comin’ up Warsaw!
    Still don’t know the reasoning behind it, though…

Anonymous

!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!
    Check out the end of Yo Way Yo.

Anonymous

In the last episode we find out that the lexx is at the end of its’ natural lifespan.At the end of the episode the lexx dies (weep), but from its’ ashes rises a new baby lexx! total truth.

Flamegrape
    Participant

The Lexx is male. So obviously the little dragonfly in Dutch Treat was female and laid an egg. And now Li’l’ Lexx is born and it seems to be female.

This opens up tons of possibilities! Why not a whole race of Lexxes?

Anonymous

I saw the episode. My confusion resides in the continuity of how Lexx BECAME pregnant. Mini-Lexx kind of just appeared after the LEXX ate Holland. or that’s what I saw at least. I was trying to do it in a way that would avoid all the Birds and the Bees jokes, but I guess some things need to be taken head-on.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.