Lexx length

Viewing 46 posts - 1 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

How long is the Lexx?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    How long is the Lexx?

About the size of Manhattan.

Anonymous

Nook had about the same size as earth, but you can’t see the curvature of Nook as Lexx is orbiting above the ground. Earth curves about 1m per 8000 meters, so Lexx is under 8000 m

(Before you think me a total nerd, I’m working on a simular problem in physics and just watched Nook)

Right, Manhatten is about 27 miles long.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    Nook had about the same size as earth, but you can’t see the curvature of Nook as Lexx is orbiting above the ground. Earth curves about 1m per 8000 meters, so Lexx is under 8000 m

(Before you think me a total nerd, I’m working on a simular problem in physics and just watched Nook)

Right, Manhatten is about 27 miles long.

Thanks. Now I have a reference point for my calculations (adjusted)-

Lexx length: 10 km
    Lexx width: 4.8 km
    Lexx height: 2.4 km

Giga Shadow width: 35 km
    Giga Shadow diameter enrolled: 65 km
    Giga Shadow length unrolled: 160 km
    Giga Shadow height unrolled: 30 km

Fore Shadow control pod width: 45.5 m
    Fore Shadow body width: 220 m
    Fore Shadow body length: 400 m
    Fore Shadow net width: 4.1 km

Mega Shadow body width: 2.4 km
    Mega Shadow body length: 4.3 km
    Mega Shadow net width: 8.7 km

Stinger length: 12 m
    Stinger height: 9.5 m

Web diameter: 35 km

Fractal Core disturbance radius: 30 km

Cluster diameter: 110 km

I think we all know who the “total nerd” award goes to today.

[ 20-11-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

Yep DT, you win it by about 500km!!!
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

scifi.com had a salter diagram of the Lexx up about a year ago. It presented all the parts and their measurements. I just looked and they took it down. As soon as I can find some space I’ll upload it so everyone can view it again.

From head to tail its 10km long. The head is 2.4 km tall. The head/body is 4.2 km long. The tail is 4.6 km long and the thing at the end is 1.2 km long. The tail and thing at the end is 0.56 km tall. The tail is made up of 25 segments each 182 m long. Plus 50m of filler by the thing at the end.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

If someone wants to bother with creating detailed diagrams of the Lexx and it’s component parts, it would be easier for me to build a 3d computer-generated model.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    scifi.com had a salter diagram of the Lexx up about a year ago. It presented all the parts and their measurements. I just looked and they took it down. As soon as I can find some space I’ll upload it so everyone can view it again.

From head to tail its 10km long. The head is 2.4 km tall. The head/body is 4.2 km long. The tail is 4.6 km long and the thing at the end is 1.2 km long. The tail and thing at the end is 0.56 km tall. The tail is made up of 25 segments each 182 m long. Plus 50m of filler by the thing at the end.

One site says “over 10 kilometers,” another says “five miles,” and several say “about the size of Manhattan.” This is incredibly confusing. I’v been analyzing the frames of various episodes and movies to come up with size of space ships and objects in relation to the Lexx.

The thing is, the Cluster’s diameter is 11 Lexxes, and if the lexx is only 10 km that means it’s a mere 110 km, a very small planetoid. the Manhattan (45 km) size seemed more logical, since it would make the Cluster the size of a moderately large asteroid or medium-sized moon. I guess I’m gonna have to rework the sizes for all the objects (except for the stingers and the Fore Shadow, where the known value is Kai).

I did this because I wanted to find out how big a full-grown Insect was for a race summary I may or may not write. By the way, if anyone knows of a site with a vidcap from Mantrid of the young Insect burrowing into the Cluster, please tell me.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

The thing is, the Cluster’s diameter is 11 Lexxes, and if the lexx is only 10 km that means it’s a mere 110 km, a
    very small planetoid. the Manhattan (45 km) size seemed more logical, since it would make the Cluster the size of a moderately large asteroid or medium-sized moon.

I did this because I wanted to find out how big a full-grown Insect was for a race summary I may or may not write. By the way, if anyone knows of a site with a vidcap from Mantrid of the young Insect burrowing into the Cluster, please tell me.

How’d you figure the cluster is 11 lexes wide. I’m watching the end of Giga shaodw now and it dwarfs the Lexx. Defiantly more then 11 lexes! And since the giga shadow was inside the cluster, the Cluster must have been much larger to encase it.

Anonymous

quote:

One site says “over 10 kilometers,” another says “five miles,” and several say “about the size of Manhattan.” This is incredibly confusing. I’v been analyzing the frames of various episodes and movies to come up with size of space ships and objects in relation to the Lexx.

Actually, Manhattan is about 13 miles, or 21 km, at it’s longest point. Therefore, if the Lexx is indeed 10 km or 6.25 miles long, it’s length is about half that of Manhattan.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

How’d you figure the cluster is 11 lexes wide. I’m watching the end of Giga shaodw now and it dwarfs the Lexx. Defiantly more then 11 lexes! And since the giga shadow was inside the cluster, the Cluster must have been much larger to encase it.

Okay, now by “lexx” I mean the length of the Lexx from head to tail, which is apparently 10 km. And the Cluster ws approximately 11 lexxes in diameter, 10-12 lexxes to allow for a generous margin of error. The Giga Shadow rolled up was an oblate spheroid 6.5 lexxes by 6.5 lexxes by 3.5 lexxes. The head segment that emerges from the Cluster is almost exactly one third the full diameter of the planetoid. I calculated the segment to be 3.6 lexxes wide (I rounded to 3.5 because it’s really more like 3.3-3.9, not exact). So that gives the Cluster a diameter of close to 11 lexxes. It may have been 12 lexxes, but I find it very unlikely that it was any bigger.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Okay, now by “lexx” I mean the length of the Lexx from head to tail, which is apparently 10 km. And the Cluster ws approximately 11 lexxes in diameter, 10-12 lexxes to allow for a generous margin of error. The Giga Shadow rolled up was an oblate spheroid 6.5 lexxes by 6.5 lexxes by 3.5 lexxes. The head segment that emerges from the Cluster is almost exactly one third the full diameter of the planetoid. I calculated the segment to be 3.6 lexxes wide (I rounded to 3.5 because it’s really more like 3.3-3.9, not exact). So that gives the Cluster a diameter of close to 11 lexxes. It may have been 12 lexxes, but I find it very unlikely that it was any bigger.

Okay, your proof works. But your basing your entire proof upon the assumption that the cluster was 10-12 lexxes. You then made a whole bunch of calculations that circles in on themselves. All you proved was 10 lexxes=10 lexxes

How did you make the assumption that its 10 lexxes long? When the Lexx flew on hte cluster (IWHS) it certainly moved more then 10 of its lengths before reaching space.
    Watch Giga Shadow (Thursday if you don’t have it) and after teh Lexx picks up Kai it fly past the enormous Giga Shadow.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Okay, your proof works. But your basing your entire proof upon the assumption that the cluster was 10-12 lexxes. You then made a whole bunch of calculations that circles in on themselves. All you proved was 10 lexxes=10 lexxes

How did you make the assumption that its 10 lexxes long? When the Lexx flew on hte cluster (IWHS) it certainly moved more then 10 of its lengths before reaching space.
    Watch Giga Shadow (Thursday if you don’t have it) and after teh Lexx picks up Kai it fly past the enormous Giga Shadow.

Like I said, I didn’t compare the Lexx directly to the Cluster, I compared it to the Giga Shadow, and compared the Giga Shadow to the Cluster. I did it with a number of frames from The Giga Shadow. 2 of the Giga Shadow and the Cluster, 2 of the Lexx and the Giga Shadow, 1 of the Giga Shadow and its tendril, 2 of the Lexx and the Giga Shadow’s tendril. Each time the relative size came out approximately the same.

Bascule
    Participant

quote:

Thanks. Now I have a reference point for my calculations (adjusted)-

Lexx length: 10 km
    Lexx width: 4.8 km
    Lexx height: 2.4 km

Giga Shadow width: 35 km
    Giga Shadow diameter enrolled: 65 km
    Giga Shadow length unrolled: 160 km
    Giga Shadow height unrolled: 30 km

Fore Shadow body width: 20m
    Fore Shadow net width: 370 m

Mega Shadow body width: 2.4 km
    Mega Shadow net width: 8.7 km

Stinger length: 12 m
    Stinger height: 9.5 m

Web diameter: 35 km

Fractal Core disturbance radius: 30 km

Cluster diameter: 110 km

This is good stuff, Mr Dalek. BUT – curiously, the size I have the most problem with is the one you are most confident of; Foreshadow. If it’s really as wee as 370 meters, then Brunnis-2 must have been the teeniest planet ever, because every energy web from the Foreshadow virtually took out a whole continent, and each web blast was as big as the craft itself. Unless they were expanding in space before they struck. Hmmm…

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Bascule:
    This is good stuff, Mr Dalek. BUT – curiously, the size I have the most problem with is the one you are most confident of; Foreshadow. If it’s really as wee as 370 meters, then Brunnis-2 must have been the teeniest planet ever, because every energy web from the Foreshadow virtually took out a whole continent, and each web blast was as big as the craft itself. Unless they were expanding in space before they struck. Hmmm…

I keep forgetting to respond to your post. The energy sheets much be expanding in space, like the Lexx’s beams expand as they get away from the ocular parabola.

Okay, you can see Kai’s stinger (Insect attack craft) crash into the Fore Shadow‘s control pod, so you get a sense of scale between the two vehicles. The design of the stinger is such that the pilot is fully visible through a transparent globe. Working from Kai being 1.9 meters tall from boots to bun, the control pod is 11 meters in diameter. The body of the Fore Shadow is twice the diameter of the control pod. The net is 17 times the width of the body. So that is where I get my figure. It may be off a little, but that’s approximately how big the Fore Shadow was in I Worship His Shadow.

[ 17-11-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Actually, I looked over the screen captures again and it seems I made a minor mistake in my calculations. The Four Shadow‘s size has been corrected on my chart.

This information could prove useful if Sad ever makes a Lexx ship section.

By the way, if the energy sheets don’t expand in space, then Brunnis-2 is only about 250 km wide, based on the size of the sheets when they are seen to impact compared to disc’s diameter.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Actually, I looked over the screen captures again and it seems I made a minor mistake in my calculations. The Four Shadow‘s size has been corrected on my chart.

This information could prove useful if Sad ever makes a Lexx ship section.

By the way, if the energy sheets don’t expand in space, then Brunnis-2 is only about 250 km wide, based on the size of the sheets when they are seen to impact compared to disc’s diameter.

Why not ask Sad if you could make a Lexx ship section. You’ve already done 99% of the research, all thats left is the picking out pictures.

From what I can figure the energy sheets have to expand. After watching IWHS again they seem to. For an obligatory scientific explanation: light dispereses as it moves through space. becasue it starts on a non flat surface, all of it’s component photons don’t travel parrallel to one another. Lasers do a good job of condensing the photons to an almost parrallel path, but deviation certainly occurs. Test this out with your pen-laser at home kids! As you move farther way the dots grows. Since the forshadow shot energy or soem kind of light it too must have had its discharge expand.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Working from Kai being 1.9 meters tall from boots to bun,

[ 17-11-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

boots to bun? okay, i guess if we count the old, bigger bun; the new squashed bun makes him about my size (1.8m)

good thread guys!

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

boots to bun? okay, i guess if we count the old, bigger bun; the new squashed bun makes him about my size (1.8m)

good thread guys!

The new bun is 10cm shorter then the old one. I find that hard to belive. 4 cm maybe, but 10 seems a bit much.

Of course you were up there recently, is it really that much of a difference?

FX
    Participant

quote:

The new bun is 10cm shorter then the old one. I find that hard to belive. 4 cm maybe, but 10 seems a bit much.

well, i think the old bun was at least an inch or two higher ; there were serious bobby pins in the middle of the bun squashing it down (yes i looked at ALL the wigs, they are real hair, but kind of scratchy/coarse)….but anyway, i think the 10cm difference is mostly because of a best guestimate of kai’s height, which is actually fairly close, given what dt had to work with as far as real info

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Of course you were up there recently, is it really that much of a difference?

Well, the bun in the movies looks like a black octopus that has somehow attached itself to Kai’s head. Whereas the bun in season 4 is more like a bird’s nest that’s been abandoned for a few months and is starting to fall apart. One of the Kai-obsessed chicks on the board mentioned that it’s gotten smaller over the years, and they’re not imagining things! There has been significant shrinkage. I can’t exactly fix a value on that, though (I’m more obsessed with the technical/scientific/spacey aspects of the show, rather than Michael McManus.

quote:

Why not ask Sad if you could make a Lexx ship section. You’ve already done 99% of the research, all thats left is the picking out pictures.

I suppose I could. But I am working on my own site, which I mention too much and make too little progress on. But really I think it is almost ready to go online (it has to be perfect before I put it on). Maybe someday I will contribute to Sad’s site (if the Geezer in charge will let me), but not now.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

though (I’m more obsessed with the technical/scientific/spacey aspects of the show, rather than Michael McManus.

ditto

FX
    Participant

actually, quite a few people have mentioned bun shrinkage,i originally thought it was just imagination…but i liked your description of ‘boot to bun’ height, and how you had used that estimate to derive the other sizes you have come up with …scientific or not, it was funny guys…just like the ‘what happens to irradiated cockroachs’ post

we needed a few laughs around here

Anonymous

Nerrrdddssss!!!!! Nerds! Nerds! Not me though!

What? Where did I get my handle from? What are my EQ & DAoC Character names? Why do I have a lexx soundtrack? errrrr…..dammit!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    didn’t one of the prisoners on the transport in iwhs get freeze dried, rather than fresh frozen?

Hmmm….wasn’t Kai freeze dried in Eating Pattern? Maybe cryo-stasis does do funny things to one’s hair. Xev spent 4000 years in a cryo-pod which gave her lovely new hair-do while Stanley’s hair (sadly) remained the same….

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:

Hmmm….wasn’t Kai freeze dried in Eating Pattern? Maybe cryo-stasis does do funny things to one’s hair. Xev spent 4000 years in a cryo-pod which gave her lovely new hair-do while Stanley’s hair (sadly) remained the same….

well, hair is not composed of living cells…but the rest of xev’s cells are alive, and probably at low level of metabolic function, which would include ‘exuding’ hair from her follicles…at least she didn’t come out with a mustache …stan of course is the anomaly…and while kai is’dead’ he has metabolic function otherwise he would not require ‘fuel’ or protoblood, nor would he be able to repair the damage he has repeatedly suffered…but since he is no longer a carbon based life form, maybe he is no longer exuding hair

and yes, i am a nerdette, and a ms. geek

Anonymous

hehe…
    Remember when we see Kai for the first time on the Lexx bridge (“and you are not permitted to destroy them”) the bun looks bloody massive!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    hehe…
    Remember when we see Kai for the first time on the Lexx bridge (“and you are not permitted to destroy them”) the bun looks bloody massive!

or maybe kai is shrinking? from repeated cryostasis? kind of like freezer burn…didn’t one of the prisoners on the transport in iwhs get freeze dried, rather than fresh frozen? which they never clarified by the way; when the transport is going by in iwhs, it looks from the windows as if several people are in stasis…then we go inside, and the soldier is going down the row of prisoners, and it doesn’t look like any of them were in any sort of containers…but one is freeze dried…did i miss something?

Anonymous

So, did anybody find the 2-D map of LEXX yet?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by [XEV]the Carpenter:

Sorry I found it a while ago and forgot about uploading it; when I get back to school, and my normal computer, on Sunday I’ll upload it.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by [XEV]the Carpenter:

I just remembered that a long time ago I downloaded some schematic drawings of the Lexx. (I don’t remember where I got them.) I’ve posted them on my Lexx webpage. And according to these Salter Street Studio drawings that were used for the construction of the model, the Lexx is 10 km long and 2.1 km high. They don’t say how wide it is, but I’m sure it’s easy to figure out.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

I just remembered that a long time ago I downloaded some schematic drawings of the Lexx. (I don’t remember where I got them.) I’ve posted them on my Lexx webpage. And according to these Salter Street Studio drawings that were used for the construction of the model, the Lexx is 10 km long and 2.1 km high. They don’t say how wide it is, but I’m sure it’s easy to figure out.

I went ot your site and thats the same drawing I have. I think we both must’ve downloaded it at scifi.com about a year ago.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    They don’t say how wide it is, but I’m sure it’s easy to figure out.

If I’m correct it’s about 4.8 kilometers wide.

dgrequeen
    Participant

*ahem*… You say “nerd” like it’s a bad thing.

Anonymous

I think the LEXX measurements are accurate, from what I recall of the measurements of the scale drawings.

The measurements for the Megashadow and the
    Foreshadow seem broadly accurate.

Nevertheless, it does seem to me that the measurements for the Gigashadow and the Cluster are way too small by an order of
    magnitude.

I had the impression that The Cluster was
    a fair sized world or planetoid. Recall the scenes where the prison transports fly in
    under the covered portion of the planet, passing over an immense city, including an ampitheatre built to the scale of the LEXX, with the LEXX itself a figure in the background.

The Cluster appears to be an airless moonlike world, so there’s very little reference for size.

The Gigashadow’s voice refers to burying itself in a small planetoid. Which would
    support the tiny worldlet contention.

Also, given the motivation for centering
    the Divine Order on The Cluster, the size
    of the planet was irrelevant. The modern
    equivalent would be the Catholic Church ruling a planet spanning religious order from the postage stamp sized “Vatican State”
    in Rome.

Still, my impression was that The Cluster was a world somewhere between lunar and terrestrial sizes.

While you’ve been quite astute in analysing images, I’m not sure that there are adequate images which properly place the LEXX and Gigashadow in perspective to each other.
    Unless the two objects are physically in contact, all referents are unreliable. I don’t think that the Gigashadow’s ‘tendril’
    which may not be wholly material, is a reliable inference.

The other thing is that the Beans aren’t necessarily masters of their own scale. Numerous examples – FX producer Willie Stevenson objected to the 10 km size of the LEXX, feeling that geography scales made it too unwieldy, an aircraft carrier size would have been better. – There was considerable argument over how high the Cities on Fire were, originally scripts called for them to be 15 km, but arts department objected, arguing that from that height, you wouldn’t even see the ground, you’d be poking out of atmosphere and curvature of the horizon would be pronounced. Height was reduced to
    5 km and then 3 km. David Haackl, the designer, said it only looked about 1 km. But in Tunnels, Stan and Xev report walking down 40,000 steps, which implies at least 8 to 11 ll. – Or how about this, Texx LEXX, the LEXX destroys pluto from Earth in about a minute. Problem, LEXX’s beam moves slowly enough that Kai was able to dodge it in a moth from relatively close range, which suggests its moving at light or sublight speeds. But Pluto is six light hours away. It should have taken Stan 12 hours from the time he gave the order to the time he saw his result. – Or, in Web/Net/End, the LEXX is able to fly to The Center of the Universe in only a few days from wherever it was. It’s also able to search out every apparent doorway/bruise/node between the Universes before fleeing. Those have to be vast distances.

Overall, I think the beans attitude is that they haven’t worried overmuch about stuff like this, and there may be similar lack of proportion crawling in as became problematic in King Kong or 20 Million Miles to Earth.

So, if the question is how long is the LEXX,
    that’s been answered by the beans. The size of the Megashadow can be extrapolated by comparing the hologram shadows of the LEXX and Megashadow together.

The size of the Foreshadow can be worked backwards, starting with Kai’s size, which allows us to estimate the size of the Stinger, which allows us to estimate the size of the Control unit it plunges into, which allows us to estimate the total size of the Foreshadow’s span.

But the Cluster and the Gigashadow? I think the ground gets shaky all of a sudden. The description in the script might be very specific but not wholly consistent with the images on screen, or the understanding of the parties.

Does the LEXX move like a 10 km object?

I may just have to go back and ask someone about this.

Anonymous

Well, there is no center of the universe, but traveling to the center was a big thing (yes, that’s the Art School term ) in S2. Kai’s brain functions without oxygen or any sort of energy. The ‘Greater Uncertainty Priniciple’ is a very wierd twisting of the Hiesenberg uncertainty principle. Kai is ‘de-carbonized’, despite the fact that all known organisms are carbon based….the multitude of moons that have huge holes in them…

I wouldn’t worry about physics on Lexx

But that’s interesting, Valdron. I never really thought about the work that must go into making Lexx.

DalekTek790
    Participant

The moon with a hole in White Trash was a Von Neumann planetoid (I think that’s what they call those things). A donut-shaped celestial body with a ring-shaped center of gravity. Entirely plausible.

The Pluto thing bugged me. At least the writers acknowledged the fact that Pluto’s planethood is suspect (“…seven, eight, and maybe nine” -Lexx).

DalekTek790
    Participant

Oh dear! I just looked it up, and the correct term is a Weizsäcker object. All this time I’ve been calling them Von Neumann objects! Boy is my face red. I don’t know how I managed to confuse Carl von Weizsäcker with John von Neumann. Okay, it’s official, I’m an idiot.

Anonymous

No, you’re a nerd if you feel embarassed confusing a Weizsäcker object and a Von Neumann probe.

But I’m not sure I understand what a Weizsacker object is, I remember him connected to stellar fusion, could you explain?

I guess if the hole was made too fast to be smoothed over by gravity…

That’s going to be an interesting question to ask a professor…

Huked on fonix wurked for me!

[ 24-11-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

Headgehog
    Participant

Mantird Drones were Von Neumann machines. A Von Neumann is a machine htat takes raw materials and creates a copy of itself, to absorb more raw materials for future copies, and then eventually perform a certain task.

Anonymous

Lexx isn’t all machine, hasn’t it grown through the seasons?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Mantird Drones were Von Neumann machines. A Von Neumann is a machine htat takes raw materials and creates a copy of itself, to absorb more raw materials for future copies, and then eventually perform a certain task.

That must’ve been where I got von Neumann in my head. I still can’t believe I did that.

The idea behind the Weizsäcker object is that if a planetoid gets a hole punched in it (while in a fluid state), if the hole is beyond a certain range based on mass and rotation, then the center of gravity in the body would actually change, so its “core” would be a ring. alternately, a celestial body could theoretically form in that shape naturally because protoplanetary dust will form rings within rings, and if the mass is distributed right, a solid body can condense in a ring shape. But the proportions have to be exact in either case or it will be crushed into a sphere by its own gravity.

Anonymous
    Inactive

IF anyone’s still interested, the Lexx production drawings come from Splarka’s Basement[/url], for some reason I put some diagrams on my Stuff page[/url] for someone, and they’re still there.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    Well, there is no center of the universe, but traveling to the center was a big thing (yes, that’s the Art School term ) in S2. Kai’s brain functions without oxygen or any sort of energy. The ‘Greater Uncertainty Priniciple’ is a very wierd twisting of the Hiesenberg uncertainty principle. Kai is ‘de-carbonized’, despite the fact that all known organisms are carbon based….the multitude of moons that have huge holes in them…

I wouldn’t worry about physics on Lexx

Haven’t we learned that lesson about 40 times from past science questions? Don’t get me wrong, I love discussing the physics of Lexx, but the beans obey the laws of the universe at their own leisure.

quote:

Originally posted by Valdron:
    Does the LEXX move like a 10 km object?

Not really! Something as massive and large as the lexx would require more then a few particle accelerators in its tail to move straight or even all that fast. Having such a weak propulsion system near its x-y center of gravity wouldn’t apply much of a torque ,for turning, as it would if it were located in other places, like on the body. Plus the propulsion system is to too off center in the x-z or y-z planes, so it will just cause the ship to torque in an upward direction. Other direction thrusters would be required.

Also sicne its so massive it gravitation attraction with other bodies would not be trivial.In the case of fire/water it would have lost its orbit almost immediatly without it firing thrusters at the right time and place! And since the lexx had no fuel or propellant at that time it couldn’t ahve corrected it orbit every few minutes. This wouldn’t be as much a problem around a single planet. But the pull of two near equal gravities in such close proximity would have twisted it orbit into instability.
    In a single planet envioment, asteriods, comets and other space junk is routinely captured into orbit. Just look at Mars’ two “moons”. They were probably once space junk from the asteriod belt.

Lexx would be so massive that it would attaract smaller bodies to it such as artifical satillites and space rocks. I imagin eit would be bombarded with crap regurarly. It’s massive size would also cause a tiny wobble in other plantes, moons, stars etc. It may even affect tides on a planet!

Finally, this has been mentioned before, but fire/water would have torn each other apart with their gravitational pulls, almost instantly, and have made another new single planet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

directional thrusters were shown when the Lexx was landing in Supernova.

FX
    Participant

too long (said the lady to the bishop ) please continue on lexx length II

Viewing 46 posts - 1 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.