Lexx Music!!!

• This topic has 50 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I have just discovered the joy of Napster!!! I have been waiting and waiting for my lexx CD… and when I got it was one of the misprinted ones!! So I e-mailed GNP and there are going to send me a new one for free… but intil then …. which will likely take for ever… I have just downloaded Napster v2. BETA 9.6 and they have all the lexx songs!! yes!!! and since ( this makes me very,very happy) I have a great cable modem. And can get any given song in less then a minute!!! (I got to tell everyone that I have put the “Brunnen G” song (the one with Kia singing…beginning of IWHS,etc) about 15 times and have it on contiunese play) Its my favorite song… anyway I want to say thanks to the person (sorry I forgot who ) that was talking about Napster having the lexx music…. anyway .. to anyone who wants lexx music fast go to http://www.napster.com and download the player and search under “lexx” and you should have about 100 results (most from lexx… some repeats from different people and connection speeds) anyway I just wanted to say thanks to the person who told me about this site god bless you for giving me my Brunnen G song !! Big Kiss!!! lov ya all!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,
    though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters,Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles.Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot.Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies….Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide.Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags.From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket.Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

[This message has been edited by Christine Carroll (edited March 05, 2001).]

Anonymous

Better hurry, huh?

Anonymous

Better hurry, huh?

Anonymous

I have to admit, I’ve only just gotten my own PC so I haven’t been following the whole Napster thing too closely. I know you can get music via Napster and I know a lot of new artists get their stuff out via Napster, as well as known artists. What I don’t know is how do you know who is copyrighted and who is not? Okay, maybe I don’t mean copyrighted. How do you know if the artist has approved use of his music? ‘Cuz, if the second Lexx CD has already come out and the music is free for download, why would anyone buy the CD? It doesn’t seem like a big thing for someone like Paul Simon, maybe, but Marty Simon? Wouldn’t it hurt his sales if he weren’t onboard with giving his music away en masse? Maybe I’m oversimplifying and there’s more to it than that, I don’t know. I’ll have to go check it out sometime. I don’t have cable modem, though, are downloads a bite without?

——————
    There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling
    complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. (Twain)

Anonymous

I have to admit, I’ve only just gotten my own PC so I haven’t been following the whole Napster thing too closely. I know you can get music via Napster and I know a lot of new artists get their stuff out via Napster, as well as known artists. What I don’t know is how do you know who is copyrighted and who is not? Okay, maybe I don’t mean copyrighted. How do you know if the artist has approved use of his music? ‘Cuz, if the second Lexx CD has already come out and the music is free for download, why would anyone buy the CD? It doesn’t seem like a big thing for someone like Paul Simon, maybe, but Marty Simon? Wouldn’t it hurt his sales if he weren’t onboard with giving his music away en masse? Maybe I’m oversimplifying and there’s more to it than that, I don’t know. I’ll have to go check it out sometime. I don’t have cable modem, though, are downloads a bite without?

——————
    There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Ok… Here’s the deal as I understand…. most sounds are copy righted…this is Napster…. people record songs off Cd’s cassettes abd anywhere else they can find music then they upload it to sites like Napster and we the little people get the music… the whole mp3 thing and other ways of getting music on the web is illegal! But people do it anyway. your right there is a thing about artists not getting money because maybe there music is on the web and people are getting it for free… But hello! so many people are doing it to every type of music and sound old and new music that they came out with mp3 players and little do tads, etc. So they have every music you can think of… its not really legal but there is no legal punishment for getting mp3s of the web and its a very easy way to get your fav songs. and by the way if you have a slow PC then it will take a lot longer to load some stuff but its worth the wait!!! oh and little hint: If your looking for a song on Napster that you know is say 3:00 minutes long don’t download the one thats only 58 seconds!! I made that big mistake!!! Oh and don’t give up if you keep getting an error message when you are downloading a song… that means its a corrupt file… try a new one … chances are there are a lot of others of the same song to choose from !!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Ok… Here’s the deal as I understand…. most sounds are copy righted…this is Napster…. people record songs off Cd’s cassettes abd anywhere else they can find music then they upload it to sites like Napster and we the little people get the music… the whole mp3 thing and other ways of getting music on the web is illegal! But people do it anyway. your right there is a thing about artists not getting money because maybe there music is on the web and people are getting it for free… But hello! so many people are doing it to every type of music and sound old and new music that they came out with mp3 players and little do tads, etc. So they have every music you can think of… its not really legal but there is no legal punishment for getting mp3s of the web and its a very easy way to get your fav songs. and by the way if you have a slow PC then it will take a lot longer to load some stuff but its worth the wait!!! oh and little hint: If your looking for a song on Napster that you know is say 3:00 minutes long don’t download the one thats only 58 seconds!! I made that big mistake!!! Oh and don’t give up if you keep getting an error message when you are downloading a song… that means its a corrupt file… try a new one … chances are there are a lot of others of the same song to choose from !!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:
    Ok… Here’s the deal as I understand…. most sounds are copy righted…this is Napster…. people record songs off Cd’s cassettes abd anywhere else they can find music then they upload it to sites like Napster and we the little people get the music… the whole mp3 thing and other ways of getting music on the web is illegal! But people do it anyway. your right there is a thing about artists not getting money because maybe there music is on the web and people are getting it for free…

Okay, getting into the Napster subject is a big ugly kettle of fish. People are generally pro-Napster or violently anti-Napster. One thing, though…Napster is not a site. They do *have* a site, but they do not host any MP3s on that site. Napster is software that allows you to tap into a network of computers, all of them sharing music files, and if you download a song from them, you are supposed to allow these files to be shared back into the system. People claim that it is hurting record sales, that when people download an album or song that these people are not likely to spend money to buy the same thing. However, I’m of the opinion (since it’s been my experience) that it’s basically the same as taping albums for people. The sound quality is about 1/2 of what a CD features (CD-quality sound is encoded at 256 Kb/s, most of the better MP3’s you find are at 128 Kb/s, which is about the same as FM radio broadcast sound). The main way that it hurts sales, IMHO, is that it allows people to hear music before they buy it, and decide for themselves whether or not it’s worth the money. From working in retail for years, it’s been my experience that when someone buys a CD, they do so having little to no idea what the majority of the CD sounds like. If they don’t like it, they’re not likely to return it, because most retailers have pretty strict return policies, or they’re just lazy. There are many cases (like mine) where I’ve used Napster to familiarize myself with artists and albums that I really didn’t know about, and have later gone out and bought. But, again, there are probably tons of people that are using Napster as just a way to get out of paying for music. But, there are also tons of people that will just put up with lousy taped copies of albums rather than buy their own, too, and home taping never killed the music industry (which made $1 billion more this past year than the previous one).
    So my stance? I’m ambivalent. I use Napster infrequently due to a slow connection at home, and use it primarily for exposure to unknown (to me, anyway) bands and albums, or to get commercially unavailable tracks from bands I do already like (which is another subject for another day).
    My $.02. Take it for what you will.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Ok… Here’s the deal as I understand…. most sounds are copy righted…this is Napster…. people record songs off Cd’s cassettes abd anywhere else they can find music then they upload it to sites like Napster and we the little people get the music… the whole mp3 thing and other ways of getting music on the web is illegal! But people do it anyway. your right there is a thing about artists not getting money because maybe there music is on the web and people are getting it for free…

Okay, getting into the Napster subject is a big ugly kettle of fish. People are generally pro-Napster or violently anti-Napster. One thing, though…Napster is not a site. They do *have* a site, but they do not host any MP3s on that site. Napster is software that allows you to tap into a network of computers, all of them sharing music files, and if you download a song from them, you are supposed to allow these files to be shared back into the system. People claim that it is hurting record sales, that when people download an album or song that these people are not likely to spend money to buy the same thing. However, I’m of the opinion (since it’s been my experience) that it’s basically the same as taping albums for people. The sound quality is about 1/2 of what a CD features (CD-quality sound is encoded at 256 Kb/s, most of the better MP3’s you find are at 128 Kb/s, which is about the same as FM radio broadcast sound). The main way that it hurts sales, IMHO, is that it allows people to hear music before they buy it, and decide for themselves whether or not it’s worth the money. From working in retail for years, it’s been my experience that when someone buys a CD, they do so having little to no idea what the majority of the CD sounds like. If they don’t like it, they’re not likely to return it, because most retailers have pretty strict return policies, or they’re just lazy. There are many cases (like mine) where I’ve used Napster to familiarize myself with artists and albums that I really didn’t know about, and have later gone out and bought. But, again, there are probably tons of people that are using Napster as just a way to get out of paying for music. But, there are also tons of people that will just put up with lousy taped copies of albums rather than buy their own, too, and home taping never killed the music industry (which made $1 billion more this past year than the previous one).
    So my stance? I’m ambivalent. I use Napster infrequently due to a slow connection at home, and use it primarily for exposure to unknown (to me, anyway) bands and albums, or to get commercially unavailable tracks from bands I do already like (which is another subject for another day).
    My $.02. Take it for what you will.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Hi Christine

The Napster suggestion came from me, I think.

Napster is a way of linking the computer hard disks of every person logged onto Napster. Therefore it is quite important to check exactly which directories you are sharing with the world. Sharing c:my songs is good, sharing c: is rather trusting.

The whole idea of copying music is against copyright law & is unlawful – rather than illegal. Unlawful means that the record company would have to prove what you have done, trace you & then start personal proceedings against you – they would be laughed out of court. However, Napster is a bit of a sitting target, the record companies see a chance to stop the whole site, forgetting of course, that a Napster Mark2 could easily spring up in Russia/Belize etc & not be so easily caught. Napster have offered a couple of suggestions which at the moment the record companies have refused.

Copies from Napster are generally available at either 128 or 160 quality. This is substantially & noticable worse quality than a CD.

Anonymous

Hi Christine

The Napster suggestion came from me, I think.

Napster is a way of linking the computer hard disks of every person logged onto Napster. Therefore it is quite important to check exactly which directories you are sharing with the world. Sharing c:my songs is good, sharing c: is rather trusting.

The whole idea of copying music is against copyright law & is unlawful – rather than illegal. Unlawful means that the record company would have to prove what you have done, trace you & then start personal proceedings against you – they would be laughed out of court. However, Napster is a bit of a sitting target, the record companies see a chance to stop the whole site, forgetting of course, that a Napster Mark2 could easily spring up in Russia/Belize etc & not be so easily caught. Napster have offered a couple of suggestions which at the moment the record companies have refused.

Copies from Napster are generally available at either 128 or 160 quality. This is substantially & noticable worse quality than a CD.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Nick:
    Napster is a way of linking the computer hard disks of every person logged onto Napster.
    (SNIP!)
    However, Napster is a bit of a sitting target, the record companies see a chance to stop the whole site, forgetting of course, that a Napster Mark2 could easily spring up in Russia/Belize etc & not be so easily caught.

Exactly. From what I can tell, Napster is easily targeted because the software allows you to tap into an already existing network of computers that, in turn, tap into the hard drives of each computer logged on. There are already alternatives to Napster popping up, most noticably Gnutella and all of its clones (Newtella, BearShare, etc.) that *don’t* utilize a central network, and are set up as (I think…my computer knowledge ain’t what it oughta be) a peer-to-peer network. You connect with 3 computers that are, in turn, connected to 3 computers each, and the size of the network itself grows exponentially, and anonymously. The Record industry is, and will continue to be, hard-pressed to track down and prosecute anyone for sharing files in this manner. Unfortunately, the Gnutella system is a bit harder to navigate than Napster (though more and more streamlined versions are popping up every couple days), and more files than just music are shared, so it’s a bit harder to find precisely what you want.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Nick:
    Napster is a way of linking the computer hard disks of every person logged onto Napster.
    (SNIP!)
    However, Napster is a bit of a sitting target, the record companies see a chance to stop the whole site, forgetting of course, that a Napster Mark2 could easily spring up in Russia/Belize etc & not be so easily caught.

Exactly. From what I can tell, Napster is easily targeted because the software allows you to tap into an already existing network of computers that, in turn, tap into the hard drives of each computer logged on. There are already alternatives to Napster popping up, most noticably Gnutella and all of its clones (Newtella, BearShare, etc.) that *don’t* utilize a central network, and are set up as (I think…my computer knowledge ain’t what it oughta be) a peer-to-peer network. You connect with 3 computers that are, in turn, connected to 3 computers each, and the size of the network itself grows exponentially, and anonymously. The Record industry is, and will continue to be, hard-pressed to track down and prosecute anyone for sharing files in this manner. Unfortunately, the Gnutella system is a bit harder to navigate than Napster (though more and more streamlined versions are popping up every couple days), and more files than just music are shared, so it’s a bit harder to find precisely what you want.

–Aleck

Anonymous

As a musician, my thoughts on the matter might seem unorthodox.
    I … think the artists should be paid a fee from Napster for the rights. Can’t say what that’d be… but Napster would be forced into the main marketplace, thus having to carry adverstisements and do market research. It’d still be “free” to the listener.

Individuals should be barred from posting unless rights to do so were granted by the artist or his/her living relatives.

What do you think?

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by Rust (edited March 05, 2001).]

Anonymous

I … think the artists should be paid a fee from Napster for the rights. Can’t say what that’d be… but Napster would be forced into the main marketplace, thus having to carry adverstisements and do market research. It’d still be “free” to the listener.

Individuals should be barred from posting unless rights to do so were granted by the artist or his/her living relatives.

What do you think?

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

Anonymous

>Rust

The offer from Napster is to charge a membership fee. This fee would then be paid to the record company in proportion to which files have been downloaded.

There is also an offer to the Appeal Court to enable record companies to forward a list of file names that Napster will then block from sharing. That idea is so full of holes – it’s laughable.

Anonymous

>Rust

The offer from Napster is to charge a membership fee. This fee would then be paid to the record company in proportion to which files have been downloaded.

There is also an offer to the Appeal Court to enable record companies to forward a list of file names that Napster will then block from sharing. That idea is so full of holes – it’s laughable.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rust:

What do you think?

The problem with this is that Napster, in and of itself, doesn’t post any files whatsoever. The only files that are posted, are done by individuals, and even then, they aren’t posting anything, but opening up a folder/folders on their hard drive and sharing the contents. Napster isn’t being targeted because they have a site that contains MP3 files, or even posts links to other sites containing MP3 files, but because they have an established network that individuals can log into and share these files. While I am of the belief that artists should be paid for the art that they produce (unless they desire to do this kind of thing free of charge), I don’t have nearly the trouble with Napster that others may have. Personally, I have no trouble going down to my local shop and picking up some used promo CD that some record store clerk sold for a quick buck. The RIAA makes no money off of it, and neither does the artist, but if it’s a promising work, I’ll shell out cash for “new” CDs by that artist. When I worked at Tower, I’d get my hands on as many promo CDs as I could, and if I liked the artist, the same scenario would play out. I’d buy the next album they put out (if I didn’t buy a “real” copy of the album I’d gotten a promo of). And the same goes for Napster. I just downloaded a bunch of tracks by Italian horror-film-score/prog-rock band Goblin that I can’t get my hands on here in the states, even though I know full well that when I get the cash together, I’m gonna order the CDs that these songs came from. No artist has suffered because of my actions, and my actions have made me even more determined to buy the albums themselves.
    But that’s just me. The same arguments against Napster were floated around when home taping came into play, and everyone in the music business was convinced that it spelled the end of the industry as we knew it. Napster isn’t ever going to kill the beast known as the RIAA, but the industry will have to adapt to its (or its clones’) existence.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rust:

What do you think?

The problem with this is that Napster, in and of itself, doesn’t post any files whatsoever. The only files that are posted, are done by individuals, and even then, they aren’t posting anything, but opening up a folder/folders on their hard drive and sharing the contents. Napster isn’t being targeted because they have a site that contains MP3 files, or even posts links to other sites containing MP3 files, but because they have an established network that individuals can log into and share these files. While I am of the belief that artists should be paid for the art that they produce (unless they desire to do this kind of thing free of charge), I don’t have nearly the trouble with Napster that others may have. Personally, I have no trouble going down to my local shop and picking up some used promo CD that some record store clerk sold for a quick buck. The RIAA makes no money off of it, and neither does the artist, but if it’s a promising work, I’ll shell out cash for “new” CDs by that artist. When I worked at Tower, I’d get my hands on as many promo CDs as I could, and if I liked the artist, the same scenario would play out. I’d buy the next album they put out (if I didn’t buy a “real” copy of the album I’d gotten a promo of). And the same goes for Napster. I just downloaded a bunch of tracks by Italian horror-film-score/prog-rock band Goblin that I can’t get my hands on here in the states, even though I know full well that when I get the cash together, I’m gonna order the CDs that these songs came from. No artist has suffered because of my actions, and my actions have made me even more determined to buy the albums themselves.
    But that’s just me. The same arguments against Napster were floated around when home taping came into play, and everyone in the music business was convinced that it spelled the end of the industry as we knew it. Napster isn’t ever going to kill the beast known as the RIAA, but the industry will have to adapt to its (or its clones’) existence.

–Aleck

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Ok … Whatever people!!! I still love that I can get my fav music for free and and sample every other song I can think (including tv and movie themes) and Right at this moment I’m listening to a song I remember listening to on a cassette that came with a Barbie Doll…. Touch Me ( I want Your Body) by Samantha Fox!! I remember this song from when I was about 5 or 6…. My cat ate the tape about 8 years ago…. and I have been looking for the song ever since… ( or getting my mom to when I was younger) So I’m very happy that I get to listen to the music I have been looking for so long … I also found “Spirit in the Sky” and “Young Riders” theme that I have been looking high and low for….. Just a Note … I’m not a freak !!! Both my parents grew up in the 50’s and there fav music came from the 70’s and 80’s (like ABBA) (weird that my Rock and Roll loving parents like 70’s and 80’s rock!) and so I grew up listening to that kind of music and find that I like it more than some of the more new stuff (like rap) So i just wanted to say that I love Napster (whatever it is ) and That I’m happy to have found it and I know I’m weird ..SUE ME!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Ok … Whatever people!!! I still love that I can get my fav music for free and and sample every other song I can think (including tv and movie themes) and Right at this moment I’m listening to a song I remember listening to on a cassette that came with a Barbie Doll…. Touch Me ( I want Your Body) by Samantha Fox!! I remember this song from when I was about 5 or 6…. My cat ate the tape about 8 years ago…. and I have been looking for the song ever since… ( or getting my mom to when I was younger) So I’m very happy that I get to listen to the music I have been looking for so long … I also found “Spirit in the Sky” and “Young Riders” theme that I have been looking high and low for….. Just a Note … I’m not a freak !!! Both my parents grew up in the 50’s and there fav music came from the 70’s and 80’s (like ABBA) (weird that my Rock and Roll loving parents like 70’s and 80’s rock!) and so I grew up listening to that kind of music and find that I like it more than some of the more new stuff (like rap) So i just wanted to say that I love Napster (whatever it is ) and That I’m happy to have found it and I know I’m weird ..SUE ME!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Christine Carroll
    Participant

No don’t sue me !! I have no money! ( Christine begs on hands and knees to lawyers ” I’m sorry please forgive me”)

( many peoples since of humor hurt in the making of this post) what has the world come to that any lame person can PUBLICLY wirte a joke that bad

——————

——-The Highwayman

Christine Carroll
    Participant

No don’t sue me !! I have no money! ( Christine begs on hands and knees to lawyers ” I’m sorry please forgive me”)

( many peoples since of humor hurt in the making of this post) what has the world come to that any lame person can PUBLICLY wirte a joke that bad

——————

——-The Highwayman

Anonymous

quote:

Ok … Whatever people!!! I still love that I can get my fav music for free and and sample every other song I can think (including tv and movie themes)
    (SNIP)
    So i just wanted to say that I love Napster (whatever it is ) and That I’m happy to have found it and I know I’m weird ..SUE ME!!

Hey–
    No one is jumping down your throat for downloading music that you like, so don’t worry. All I was saying is that there are a lot of heated opinions about Napster right now, and tried to explain what it was and why the situation is so volatile right now.
    Nobody’s yelling at you for downloading a Samantha Fox song, fer cryin’ out loud! In fact, I can’t imagine why anyone would spend money to buy a Samantha Fox album, anyway!
    (well…except for Samantha herself, maybe…)

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Ok … Whatever people!!! I still love that I can get my fav music for free and and sample every other song I can think (including tv and movie themes)
    (SNIP)
    So i just wanted to say that I love Napster (whatever it is ) and That I’m happy to have found it and I know I’m weird ..SUE ME!!

Hey–
    No one is jumping down your throat for downloading music that you like, so don’t worry. All I was saying is that there are a lot of heated opinions about Napster right now, and tried to explain what it was and why the situation is so volatile right now.
    Nobody’s yelling at you for downloading a Samantha Fox song, fer cryin’ out loud! In fact, I can’t imagine why anyone would spend money to buy a Samantha Fox album, anyway!

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    I can’t imagine why anyone would spend money to buy a Samantha Fox album, anyway!

–Aleck[/B]

fx peers myopically up, who’s samantha fox? must have missed something (she goes back to trying to decide between nine inch nails, psychedelic furs or moldy oldy stones cds to bathe by)

Anonymous

quote:

I can’t imagine why anyone would spend money to buy a Samantha Fox album, anyway!

–Aleck[/B]

fx peers myopically up, who’s samantha fox? must have missed something (she goes back to trying to decide between nine inch nails, psychedelic furs or moldy oldy stones cds to bathe by)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

nine inch nails, nine inch nails, nine inch nails! Ahhh! Hehehe, sorry, I couldn’t contain myself. Trent Reznor is my own personal demi-god. Even MM comes in second to the dark prince. I’ve been in love with his music since I was 12.

I will stop now… sowwy… *nineinchnails!nineinchnails!*

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

nine inch nails, nine inch nails, nine inch nails! Ahhh! Hehehe, sorry, I couldn’t contain myself. Trent Reznor is my own personal demi-god. Even MM comes in second to the dark prince. I’ve been in love with his music since I was 12.

I will stop now… sowwy… *nineinchnails!nineinchnails!*

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

Oh, you know…Samantha Fox, 1980’s softcore porn starlet, sometime Royal date, aspiring talentless dance-pop singer. Y’know…her. (no offense, Christine!)
    As to bathing music, it depends. Sorry, elfkin, but NIN and bathing don’t usually mix for me. Not relaxing enough. But then, I usually listen to Broken, so thereyago. Which Stones album are you looking at? I particularly like Beggar’s Banquet, meself, for the cleansing ritual, or Satanic Majesties if I’m feeling particularly quirky (I still like this album, no matter how critically reviled it has been…it’s got “She’s a Rainbow” on it fer cryin’ out loud!!!). Maybe Let it Bleed. Yeah, Let it Bleed. I’d have to say that one. “Gimme Shelter,” “Monkey Man,” it’s a good thing.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

Oh, you know…Samantha Fox, 1980’s softcore porn starlet, sometime Royal date, aspiring talentless dance-pop singer. Y’know…her. (no offense, Christine!)
    As to bathing music, it depends. Sorry, elfkin, but NIN and bathing don’t usually mix for me. Not relaxing enough. But then, I usually listen to Broken, so thereyago. Which Stones album are you looking at? I particularly like Beggar’s Banquet, meself, for the cleansing ritual, or Satanic Majesties if I’m feeling particularly quirky (I still like this album, no matter how critically reviled it has been…it’s got “She’s a Rainbow” on it fer cryin’ out loud!!!). Maybe Let it Bleed. Yeah, Let it Bleed. I’d have to say that one. “Gimme Shelter,” “Monkey Man,” it’s a good thing.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Which Stones album are you looking at? I particularly like Beggar’s Banquet, meself, for the cleansing ritual, or Satanic Majesties if I’m feeling particularly quirky (I still like this album, no matter how critically reviled it has been…it’s got “She’s a Rainbow” on it fer cryin’ out loud!!!). Maybe Let it Bleed. Yeah, Let it Bleed. I’d have to say that one. “Gimme Shelter,” “Monkey Man,” it’s a good thing.

–Aleck [/B]

aleck, definitely let it bleed, this album was meant to be played LOUD…umm, exile on mainstreet (side with sweet virginia, torn and frayed, et al) get your ya ya s out, (should have made that second) and of course beggars banquet…hmmmm…trent is a lovely dark prince my dear elfkin in a long line of dark princes, robert johnson, mick and brian, jimi and jim and jimmy p ah well…aleck if the music is too soft, it interferes with the ritualistic nature of the bath

Anonymous

quote:

Which Stones album are you looking at? I particularly like Beggar’s Banquet, meself, for the cleansing ritual, or Satanic Majesties if I’m feeling particularly quirky (I still like this album, no matter how critically reviled it has been…it’s got “She’s a Rainbow” on it fer cryin’ out loud!!!). Maybe Let it Bleed. Yeah, Let it Bleed. I’d have to say that one. “Gimme Shelter,” “Monkey Man,” it’s a good thing.

–Aleck [/B]

aleck, definitely let it bleed, this album was meant to be played LOUD…umm, exile on mainstreet (side with sweet virginia, torn and frayed, et al) get your ya ya s out, (should have made that second) and of course beggars banquet…hmmmm…trent is a lovely dark prince my dear elfkin in a long line of dark princes, robert johnson, mick and brian, jimi and jim and jimmy p ah well…aleck if the music is too soft, it interferes with the ritualistic nature of the bath

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

aleck, definitely let it bleed, this album was meant to be played LOUD…umm, exile on mainstreet (side with sweet virginia, torn and frayed, et al)

Awww, man…I thought about Exile as soon as I sent that last one through. One of the only double albums worthy of the length. The Glimmer Twins strung out in New York, shambling through a sloppy, compelling piece of art. Niiiiiice.

aleck if the music is too soft, it interferes with the ritualistic nature of the bath

Wouldn’t’ve recommended Let it Bleed if I thought otherwise. I guess I *could* get away with NIN’s Broken in the bath, but it ain’t got the all-important undulating throb of the Stones albums previously mentioned.

(…And all my apologies to those who couldn’t give a rat’s hind quarters about any of this… )

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

aleck, definitely let it bleed, this album was meant to be played LOUD…umm, exile on mainstreet (side with sweet virginia, torn and frayed, et al)

Awww, man…I thought about Exile as soon as I sent that last one through. One of the only double albums worthy of the length. The Glimmer Twins strung out in New York, shambling through a sloppy, compelling piece of art. Niiiiiice.

aleck if the music is too soft, it interferes with the ritualistic nature of the bath

Wouldn’t’ve recommended Let it Bleed if I thought otherwise. I guess I *could* get away with NIN’s Broken in the bath, but it ain’t got the all-important undulating throb of the Stones albums previously mentioned.

(…And all my apologies to those who couldn’t give a rat’s hind quarters about any of this… )

–Aleck

Anonymous

Holey crapoley, FX, I don’t even wanna know what kinda bath rituals go along with NIN or the Furs, do I? Okay, maybe not the Furs…I still have some fond memories of them. Oh, and MP3s and Napster are not synonymous? Bummer, in the dark again. What’s the diff between MP3s and what’s associated with the Napster music file-sharing thingy?

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited March 06, 2001).]

Anonymous

Holey crapoley, FX, I don’t even wanna know what kinda bath rituals go along with NIN or the Furs, do I? Okay, maybe not the Furs…I still have some fond memories of them. Oh, and MP3s and Napster are not synonymous? Bummer, in the dark again. What’s the diff between MP3s and what’s associated with the Napster music file-sharing thingy?

——————

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited March 06, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Oh, and MP3s and Napster are not synonymous? Bummer, in the dark again. What’s the diff between MP3s and what’s associated with the Napster music file-sharing thingy?

MP3 is a kind of compression that allows huge music files to be compressed to a smaller form, without significantly losing quality. It’s becoming kind of an industry standard, in that just about any music file you download from anywhere (a web page, Napster, etc.) is going to be encoded as an MP3. Napster is just an efficient way for people to get their hands on MP3 files. So, in effect, MP3 and Napster are synonymous, but Napster isn’t the only place you can get MP3s. F’rinstance, the “Brigadoom” songs on the LEXX Archive are MP3s.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Oh, and MP3s and Napster are not synonymous? Bummer, in the dark again. What’s the diff between MP3s and what’s associated with the Napster music file-sharing thingy?

MP3 is a kind of compression that allows huge music files to be compressed to a smaller form, without significantly losing quality. It’s becoming kind of an industry standard, in that just about any music file you download from anywhere (a web page, Napster, etc.) is going to be encoded as an MP3. Napster is just an efficient way for people to get their hands on MP3 files. So, in effect, MP3 and Napster are synonymous, but Napster isn’t the only place you can get MP3s. F’rinstance, the “Brigadoom” songs on the LEXX Archive are MP3s.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Wait, let me clarify that…
    Napster and MP3s are not *synonymous*, but you can’t talk about Napster without talking about MP3s. Napster is a file-trading program, and MP3s are the files which it shares.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Wait, let me clarify that…
    Napster and MP3s are not *synonymous*, but you can’t talk about Napster without talking about MP3s. Napster is a file-trading program, and MP3s are the files which it shares.

–Aleck

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hey !! This is so cool people!! you guys are really reading my posts and answering them!!! I started this topic YESTERDAY and there are already 20 (21 with the one i’m typing) replies!! can you believe that?? I think its great!!! and.. ya!! Its a snow day!!! The higher powers at the school board think it is to icy to risk the guys in the the bad weather!!!! ya ya ya!!! no school! no school!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hey !! This is so cool people!! you guys are really reading my posts and answering them!!! I started this topic YESTERDAY and there are already 20 (21 with the one i’m typing) replies!! can you believe that?? I think its great!!! and.. ya!! Its a snow day!!! The higher powers at the school board think it is to icy to risk the guys in the the bad weather!!!! ya ya ya!!! no school! no school!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Anonymous

I’m afraid that I bought the Sam Fox album when it came out – for the poster – I think. I also managed to listen to the whole album once also!

Christine, if you’re ever in the UK, you can have the album as a freebie.

Anonymous

I’m afraid that I bought the Sam Fox album when it came out – for the poster – I think. I also managed to listen to the whole album once also!

Christine, if you’re ever in the UK, you can have the album as a freebie.

Christine Carroll
    Participant

YA!! YA !! YA!!! I finally, finally..finally got my Lexx Cd from GNP today!!! It’s the second time I had to send it back the first time it was Petula Clark… I sent it bakc … they gave me a new one for free… it was THAT WOMEN again … then I sent it back again and I finally got it today and its the real thing!!!! I listening to it on my computer as I writing this post!! right know its playing track 7 Seduction (FROM “LOVE GROWS)
    It’s weird.. I remeber track numbers more then I do track names… I ask people if they like track (10)or something on “so and so” Cd and there like “what?” anyway I’m just happy I finally got my Lexx music and I think its great!!!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Christine Carroll
    Participant

YA!! YA !! YA!!! I finally, finally..finally got my Lexx Cd from GNP today!!! It’s the second time I had to send it back the first time it was Petula Clark… I sent it bakc … they gave me a new one for free… it was THAT WOMEN again … then I sent it back again and I finally got it today and its the real thing!!!! I listening to it on my computer as I writing this post!! right know its playing track 7 Seduction (FROM “LOVE GROWS)
    It’s weird.. I remeber track numbers more then I do track names… I ask people if they like track (10)or something on “so and so” Cd and there like “what?” anyway I’m just happy I finally got my Lexx music and I think its great!!!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

DalekTek790
    Participant

Does anybody know where (besides Napster) I can get an MP3 of the Cleric Chant (from Lexx 1.1) for my website?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Does anybody know where (besides Napster) I can get an MP3 of the Cleric Chant (from Lexx 1.1) for my website?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Err… on the CD?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.