Lexx Newbie

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi

When is Lexx shown on UK TV & on what channel please?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Nick:
    Hi

well first of all, welcome to the sadgeezer site, as for when you can see lexx in uk, i am going to have to defer to our english friends, who have been waiting patiently thus far while we americans gush over year-old news…i guess july 28 we will all be on the same schedule (premiere season 4) and hopefully can all gush together…ok sad and cat, any words of wisdom for nick?

[This message has been edited by FX (edited February 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Nick:
    Hi

well first of all, welcome to the sadgeezer site, as for when you can see lexx in uk, i am going to have to defer to our english friends, who have been waiting patiently thus far while we americans gush over year-old news…i guess july 28 we will all be on the same schedule (premiere season 4) and hopefully can all gush together…ok sad and cat, any words of wisdom for nick?

[This message has been edited by FX (edited February 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

Thanks FX.

I suppose I also need info from the UK geezers which TV channel Lexx appears/will appear on. I should check that my current satellite subscription covers the correct channel.

Anonymous

Thanks FX.

I suppose I also need info from the UK geezers which TV channel Lexx appears/will appear on. I should check that my current satellite subscription covers the correct channel.

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya
    newbie Nick,you’ll be very lucky to see Lexx on terrestrial tv. If you do it’s usually channel 5. Actually until the recent winter olympics channel 5 was doing a re-run of series 2 on a Tuesday nights I think. Whether or not they will resume this at some point I don’t know.
    If you are really stuck places like HMV are usually pretty up on the stock of lexx videos. MCV music and video stores usually have a good back catalogue too.
    Failing that if you speak nicely to a “veteran” Lexxian [whose got the ability to copy tape to tape]they may make you a copy. I think you’ll find that most of us have got all the videos anyway [but not all of us have got tape to tape facilities, I still havent I’m afraid, but I’m working on it.

It’s worth a try

ta ta xx

bye the way, where are you from Nick?

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya
    newbie Nick,you’ll be very lucky to see Lexx on terrestrial tv. If you do it’s usually channel 5. Actually until the recent winter olympics channel 5 was doing a re-run of series 2 on a Tuesday nights I think. Whether or not they will resume this at some point I don’t know.
    If you are really stuck places like HMV are usually pretty up on the stock of lexx videos. MCV music and video stores usually have a good back catalogue too.
    Failing that if you speak nicely to a “veteran” Lexxian [whose got the ability to copy tape to tape]they may make you a copy. I think you’ll find that most of us have got all the videos anyway [but not all of us have got tape to tape facilities, I still havent I’m afraid, but I’m working on it.

It’s worth a try

ta ta xx

bye the way, where are you from Nick?

Anonymous

Thanks Tina

Lots of good help – just what I needed. I was thinking that if it’s shown on one of the Sky channels, I would need to know which one.. as I have a bare bones subscription for Sky.

I’m from Somerset, the Quantock Hills between Bridgwater & Taunton.

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited February 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

Thanks Tina

Lots of good help – just what I needed. I was thinking that if it’s shown on one of the Sky channels, I would need to know which one.. as I have a bare bones subscription for Sky.

I’m from Somerset, the Quantock Hills between Bridgwater & Taunton.

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited February 27, 2001).]

Anonymous
    Inactive

The UK SciFi channel shows Lexx, although it would not be in a basic sat/cable subscription. Sky One has been showing Series 1 late on Saturday nights (Sunday mornings) at half midnight, which came as a surprise for me since Lexx isn’t thery Skyish (which is probably the reason for the ridiculous times). Channel 5 was rerunning Series 2 with the possibility of showing Series 3 once the run had completed (there has ben conflicting news on this front) but suddenly stopped a few weeks ago. There is hope though, since they were the first to show Lexx in the UK (iirc) and created a Lexx section on their website fairly recently.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The UK SciFi channel shows Lexx, although it would not be in a basic sat/cable subscription. Sky One has been showing Series 1 late on Saturday nights (Sunday mornings) at half midnight, which came as a surprise for me since Lexx isn’t thery Skyish (which is probably the reason for the ridiculous times). Channel 5 was rerunning Series 2 with the possibility of showing Series 3 once the run had completed (there has ben conflicting news on this front) but suddenly stopped a few weeks ago. There is hope though, since they were the first to show Lexx in the UK (iirc) and created a Lexx section on their website fairly recently.

Anonymous

Thanks very much Cat.

I feel a Sky upgrade comming up!

Anonymous

Thanks very much Cat.

I feel a Sky upgrade comming up!

Anonymous

I missed last Saturday night’s Lexx on Sky 1 (UK). Checking the programme schedules, Lexx is not on this comming Saturday (3/Mar)!

Anonymous

I missed last Saturday night’s Lexx on Sky 1 (UK). Checking the programme schedules, Lexx is not on this comming Saturday (3/Mar)!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sky were running series 1, which is only 4 episodes.. I’d imagine they have finished by now

There’s still the possibility that they will run Series 2.. I didn’t know they were showing Series 1 till after it’d already started.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sky were running series 1, which is only 4 episodes.. I’d imagine they have finished by now

There’s still the possibility that they will run Series 2.. I didn’t know they were showing Series 1 till after it’d already started.

Anonymous

Although there were only 4 episodes of series 1, they were all movie length and starred the mouth-watering Eva Haberman. 790 was also in top form slandering and cursing Tweedle at every spare moment. And Kai…he’s just dead as he should be.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

Although there were only 4 episodes of series 1, they were all movie length and starred the mouth-watering Eva Haberman. 790 was also in top form slandering and cursing Tweedle at every spare moment. And Kai…he’s just dead as he should be.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous
    Inactive

All the same.. it only takes 4 weeks to show them all (unless you’re the SciFi channel in which case you split them all in half to *really* confuse people, especially when they miss the first week and come in halfway through the 2nd but you think it’s the first, not knowing that you’re actally three quarters of the way through.. umm..)

Anonymous
    Inactive

All the same.. it only takes 4 weeks to show them all (unless you’re the SciFi channel in which case you split them all in half to *really* confuse people, especially when they miss the first week and come in halfway through the 2nd but you think it’s the first, not knowing that you’re actally three quarters of the way through.. umm..)

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

SEE! Gerbils are evil! EEEEVVVIILLL!!! I tell you! evil!

*dragged away to a pretty padded room with a special jacket*
    Nurse: yes doctor, she won’t come near gerbils.
    Doctor: I see. *walks away with a gerbil squeeking up at him as doctor hides a grin*

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

SEE! Gerbils are evil! EEEEVVVIILLL!!! I tell you! evil!

*dragged away to a pretty padded room with a special jacket*
    Nurse: yes doctor, she won’t come near gerbils.
    Doctor: I see. *walks away with a gerbil squeeking up at him as doctor hides a grin*

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.