LEXX on Channel 5 AT LAST!!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx LEXX on Channel 5 AT LAST!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Well Hoo-phucking-rah! I just caught it in the listings, I didn’t know they were even gonna show it, I’d given up and was gonna subscribe to cable to get sci-fi just for LEXX – and is that channel total cack! In fact sci-fi generally is cack but I just love this show, the rest is childrens tv.

Anonymous

A bit late considering season 3 has been availible on video in its entirety since December last year……..

——————
    “I throw a little fit, I slit my teenage wrist. The most I can learn is in records that you burn”

“drove the children from their chores. Handcrafted housewifes into whores. Fear of the beast is calling it near, creating what we’re hating; its only fear that is here….”

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Black Regent:
    Well Hoo-phucking-rah! I just caught it in the listings, I didn’t know they were even gonna show it, I’d given up and was gonna subscribe to cable to get sci-fi just for LEXX – and is that channel total cack! In fact sci-fi generally is cack but I just love this show, the rest is childrens tv.

Yeah,
    I just turned over to channel 5 and there it was
    I didn’t think they were going to show it either. I’m one of the maniacs who went out and bought all of the tapes already.[great timing channel 5

Thanks for letting us know though
    Kog

[This message has been edited by kaisothergirl2 (edited June 13, 2001).]

Anonymous

Finally i can watch series 3, it’s on a bit late for a school night but i still am gonna stay up and watch it. I saw ‘fire and water’ last night, the special effects are miles better than series 2 and it’s good the way they make you wait for the next episode to see if stan gets his head chopped off.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by kaisothergirl2:
    Yeah,
    I just turned over to channel 5 and there it was
    I didn’t think they were going to show it either. I’m one of the maniacs who went out and bought all of the tapes already.[great timing channel 5

Thanks for letting us know though
    Kog

[This message has been edited by kaisothergirl2 (edited June 13, 2001).]

Actually thinking about, I was gonna get cable which you have to subscribe to for the year at over £100 – nothing worth watching on it, I could’ve bought all the videos and saved money! what a load of arse

Anonymous

I just watched 3:02 ‘MAY’. I wasn’t impressed at all first of all XEV comes out of a coma and falls in love with a guy she’s known for 20 minutes. Then at the end they do another continuation. I thought this FIRE vs WATER feud would have been over by now. The only thing i liked was when prince said to STAN that his planet was called FIRE and STAN said sarcaticly: ‘oh thats original’ lol

——————
    quoth the Raven ‘nevermore’

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Raven:
    I just watched 3:02 ‘MAY’. I wasn’t impressed at all first of all XEV comes out of a coma and falls in love with a guy she’s known for 20 minutes. Then at the end they do another continuation. I thought this FIRE vs WATER feud would have been over by now. The only thing i liked was when prince said to STAN that his planet was called FIRE and STAN said sarcaticly: ‘oh thats original’ lol

Don’t expect the Fire vs. Water feud to be over anytime soon. At least not for…oh…another 11 episodes.
    Oh, and Xev falls in love with Prince because he’s…well…I can’t say who he is. You’ll just have to figure that out. I think it’s that her will isn’t that strong after just coming out of cryostasis, and is easily influenced.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Raven:
    I just watched 3:02 ‘MAY’. I wasn’t impressed at all first of all XEV comes out of a coma and falls in love with a guy she’s known for 20 minutes.

Stick with it. It does get better.
    Not going to spoil it for you by saying that theres a suprise in the last episode of the series. Well worth waiting for!!

——————
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Replicant Roy Batty in Bladerunner.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dodgydaz:
    Stick with it. It does get better.
    Not going to spoil it for you by saying that theres a suprise in the last episode of the series. Well worth waiting for!!

too true, dodgydaz! guys, you have to remember that season 3 is one long story line, whereas season 2 was a lot of self contained little episodes with some recurring themes and characters…also, season 3 is MUCH darker that season 2…personally, i liked that because i think it is in keeping with the overall cynical tone of lexx that we have talked about: the characters have very few, if any redeeming qualities, and the universe they inhabit is dystopian, to say the least…but everyone gets a chance to shine under pressure, and to try to justify themselves…give it time, and pay attention to the details

Anonymous

Are we gonna have one of these little reports every time you watch a new episode of LEXX, raven?

——————
    “I throw a little fit, I slit my teenage wrist. The most I can learn is in records that you burn”

“drove the children from their chores. Handcrafted housewifes into whores. Fear of the beast is calling it near, creating what we’re hating; its only fear that is here….”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    Are we gonna have one of these little reports every time you watch a new episode of LEXX, raven?

meowww!
    well, who else is raven going to discuss it with? my coworkers stare at me blankly when i mention scifi or lexx…besides, these are the lexx fora, general or episodes…the unconner’s had to take a vow of silence and promise their first born male children not to tell about the first segment of season 4 that they got to see, lucky so and so’s, the rest of us have to wait…

Anonymous

Damn right i’m going to do one of my ‘little reports’ after every episode i watch, and i feel better now coz people have said it’s gets better, and i’m glad it’s darker coz i like ‘darker’.

——————

Anonymous

anyways, not many people are posting messages on this board as much as before.

——————

Anonymous

Good point Raven. Its been a bit quiet at the moment….Maybe we should start a topic that Aleck and DalekTek are bound to start an interesting argument over….

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Good point Raven. Its been a bit quiet at the moment….Maybe we should start a topic that Aleck and DalekTek are bound to start an interesting argument over….

Haven’t we exhausted everything? I mean, it’s pretty evident that the two of us don’t agree on *anything*, and I think we’ve gone into everything possible that we could disagree *on*, keeping ourselves restricted to the topics at hand. And, for the love of whatever deity you have on hand, don’t get anything going outside the topic of Sci Fi. I have a feeling that it would just escalate into some apocalyptic feud in which only one of us would remain alive.
    (But, secretly, isn’t a fight to the death an appealing idea?)
    …And is that all I’m known for, when it comes down to it? Being the counter to DT? The Yin to his Yang, as it were? I mean, really, Mercury! I thought that someone with Manson quotes in their sig would have a bit more regard and sympathy for one of the dark one’s minions.
    (And, BTW, I have a suggestion whenever you decide to change ’em up: “I’ve got an angel in the lobby / He’s waiting to put me in line / But I won’t ask forgiveness / For my faith has gone dry” — “Count To 6 and Die (The Vacuum of Infinite Space Encompassing)”…just one of my favorites)

–Aleck

Anonymous

Point taken Aleck….Just commenting on how boring things around here have been lately….I love that song too!! Its a great way to end Holy wood unless you count the nobodies accoustic but its more like an extra track…Btw, got MSN or ICQ Aleck….?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Point taken Aleck….

Actually, I was just posting to liven things up. No serious points being made here.

I love that song too!! Its a great way to end Holy wood unless you count the nobodies accoustic but its more like an extra track…

Yeah, you overseas types always end up with the bonus tracks (and, if you wanna get technical about it, I don’t consider the acoustic “Nobodies” part of the song cycle. “Count” ends with sound effects that loop back to the album’s beginning, and a bonus track throws that off). Ours here ends with “Count.” And it is a perfect way to end it all (figuratively and literally).

quote:

Btw, got MSN or ICQ Aleck….?

I use AIM for the most part. Got MSN and Yahoo Messenger on the home computer, but I never use MSN anymore (don’t even remember what my screen name is on it right now), and Yahoo only because my folks use it. I go by either aleckbenn or FriendsOfSqueak on AIM, though, so if you have it, look for me.

–Aleck

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.