Lexx revival

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    carup008
    Participant

Over the last few months, a farscape miniseries has been produced, a firefly movie is being produced, while a Babylon 5 movie should soon start to be produced.

So come on all you lexx fans out there, show yourselfs! Let us convince the powers that be that as in the above mentioned examples, a continuation of the lexx story should also be done.

theFrey
    Participant

I also have some questions about that. At first I thought it was that they were embarassed by Lexx. Not impossible, since other sections of Salter Street were also. But then I saw some of the stuff they were working on or promoting, so I knew that wasn’t it.

Why no new Lexx? Perhaps they simply lack that good ol’ American determination to wring every buck they can out of their property? Perhaps they don’t think it would fly with out the supreme bean PD?

iStan
    Participant

Sadly, AAC is no longer in the producton business, so pestering them will likely be as effective has it has been in the past (hey, KarubaLuna- you ever get a reply?). Maybe if everyone chips in enough could be raised to bribe them to licence the rights so that a some sort of Lexx The Next Degeneration can be produced.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Alas, no one cares. There’s not enough of a fanbase. And the rest of fandom arrogantly despises this show, “the anti-Trek.”

It would have to get rerun on a channel that would prominently feature it instead of the wee hours of the morning. From there, a new and as-yet unimaginable cult fanbase would have to form that would make watching LEXX a fashionable thing to do in the eyes of the public at alarge; something that would be featured in a future episode of VH-1’s “I Love the ’00s”.

If the product can’t be sold, it won’t be made. It doesn’t matter how cool I think it is. I liked Catwoman so no one should listen to my ranting anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone know what Paul Donovan is doing these days anyway?

iStan
    Participant

The last that I heard, several months ago, he was out of the country working on a new project or projects. His brother is doing a series for the CBC.

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Attention Lexxians!!!
    There might be a new Lexx movie or even a whole new season! A very rich fan from San Diego will sponsor the production (Xenia Seeberg said so in a chat not long ago), but there is only one problem. The company, which owns the copyright of Lexx doesn’t want to allow it. So, fans, make it happen! Vote here http://www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?99498698 and write e-mails to [email protected] to make them allow the new movie!

ZevofB3K
    Participant

Hey, I’m behind it, even if it’s without Kai. I think Stan and Xev deserve that home they’ve been looking for.

UberToaster
    Participant

Duly signed… I was only the 151st name on the list though. ๐Ÿ™

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Tell your friends about it, so that they can vote too. Even if they never heard of Lexx:) And write letters to [email protected] Let’s make them make this movie!

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

found on the “Bonnie Hammer” scifi bboards? She/he is sponsering a bring back Lexx petition. Why don’t you combine “forces!” She has a hundred or so sigs on her online petition.

n5 -kopele
    Participant

It’s probably the same petition. I’m advertising her one:)

XevsGondola
    Participant
    n5 -kopele wrote:

Attention Lexxians!!!
    There might be a new Lexx movie or even a whole new season! A very rich fan from San Diego will sponsor the production (Xenia Seeberg said so in a chat not long ago), but there is only one problem. The company, which owns the copyright of Lexx doesn’t want to allow it. So, fans, make it happen! Vote here http://www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?99498698 and write e-mails to [email protected] to make them allow the new movie!

that’s good, thanks for the info

jodi
    Participant

DONE AA but the other petitions a blank page to me ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Renee .S
    Participant

I don’t think Alliance owns season 1 since it was a Showtime Production so maybe there could be a Lexx continuation as “Tales from a Parallel Universe” or “Tales from the Dark Zone”.

iStan
    Participant
    Renee .S wrote:

I don’t think Alliance owns season 1 since it was a Showtime Production so maybe there could be a Lexx continuation as “Tales from a Parallel Universe” or “Tales from the Dark Zone”.

AAC bought the works, Renee.S. TFAPU was put out under the ‘Showtime’ banner, which was a collaberation between CITY-TV, Salter Street, and TIME gmbh. The copyright for TFAPU was held by DZ Productions. All of which boils down to a German-Canadian co-production with Mr Donovan holding all the chips, and said chips got sold off to AAC, which has no interest in production any more and less than no interest in Lexx. Paul Donovan has no interest in Lexx these days as well, but that’s a side issue since AAC owns the whole ball of wax, as it were. Sad, but true.

corvina
    Participant

I’m going to add my name to the petitions even though I have doubts..No PD? Hmmmm. I don’t think Stan and Xev would survive long without Kai..Ok so Xev’s cluster lizard makes her a tough cookie and Stan can be assertive when pushed but …I don’t know..personally I think they should bring Vlad back but brainwarped to be on their side..betterstill bring back Kai’s psychic shadow but put it into Vlad’s body..now that would be fun bring back Lyekka too..2 girls a transsexual divine executioner and one security guard 4th class …

Flamegrape
    Participant

A new LEXX series doesn’t need Kai. Xev and Stan are the real heroes of the show.

corvina
    Participant

Yeah Flamegrape I think you are right…Afterall Kai wanted to be really dead..but a lot of people will miss him..I will ..I loved the way he would just fall from high places and land in a heap but…the show if it’s to survive needs to move on…and the characters need to develop..to deepen…this was beginning to happen anyway, certainly for Stan perhaps less so for Xev…she needs to be able to get away from the sexual stereotype and move more into the cluster lizard – I reckon Xenia has wanted to this anyway…

jodi
    Participant

Channel 5 uk replied to my question about repeating LEXX:
    Dear Jodi
    Thank you for your recent e-mail regardingLexx.
    We have the rights to repeatSeries 4 of this programme but no dates are scheduled at this time. We can only recommend keeping an eye on the listings magazines or contacting us again at a later date when more information may be available.
    We no longerhold the broadcast rights to any otherseries of this programme.
    Thank you for your interest in Five.
    Yours sincerely
    channel 5

hhhhmmmmmmm

corvina
    Participant
    jodi wrote:

Channel 5 uk replied to my question about repeating LEXX:

Yeah this is what I got

Hmmmm indeed

Anonymous
    Inactive

As Lexx was written, it wouldn’t have worked without Kai (or a similar character) It was an ensemble-piece which required the stiff as a straight-man. New season equals new writing, the chance of new characters, and new rules though.

While I don’t see it happening at all, the LEXX is dead, long live Little Lexx! None of the old characters need be central (I was never into Xev I must admit, so would be happy to see that character replaced. Preferably by Zev! ๐Ÿ˜† I figure her soul could have migrated when she she was killed in Terminal anyway).

Really, rather than a continuation, I’d far rather see a fast-paced epic prequel mini-series (pre-LEXX) starting from the Insect Wars and leading up to the formation of the Divine Order and the Cluster. His Divine Shadow would become the protagonist, and it would be told from his perspective. Still, it would have to work as a stand-alone piece, I think. It might be done as a series of “movies” rather like S1.

theFrey
    Participant
    Logan wrote:

While I don’t see it happening at all, the LEXX is dead, long live Little Lexx! None of the old characters need be central (I was never into Xev I must admit, so would be happy to see that character replaced. Preferably by Zev!

What he said! ๐Ÿ˜€

Logan wrote:

Really, rather than a continuation, I’d far rather see a fast-paced epic prequel mini-series (pre-LEXX) starting from the Insect Wars and leading up to the formation of the Divine Order and the Cluster. His Divine Shadow would become the protagonist, and it would be told from his perspective. Still, it would have to work as a stand-alone piece, I think. It might be done as a series of “movies” rather like S1.

What he said! ๐Ÿ˜†

n5 -kopele
    Participant

Noone got any replys from AA, but let’s keep the hope. We’ve decided to do the same thing every first saturday of the month. So the next day for e-mails is 6th August. The petition is up and running again, you can sign it any time, also draw others to sign too. Any time ๐Ÿ˜‰

lvcambot
    Participant

Lexx is one of the few Sci-Fi TV series to actually be told an END DATE.

So instead of the crew of the Lexx being held in limbo somewhere. We had the luxury of seeing the end of Lexx.

Instead of trying to restart Lexx we should support Paul Donovan in a new project.

The genius team that brought us Lexx must have many more Sci-Fi genre series in their heads. If given the support and chance.. I FOR ONE can’t wait to see what they come up with.

We are not Star Trek loons. It would be stupid to rehash the Lexx universe over and over and over until we get something horrible like Enterprise was to the Star Trek franchise.

So instead of the Sci-Fi channel throwing out the SG1 junk.. “Next year the new SG1 L.A.” Oh Please. And don’t get me started on that horrible slow moving juggernaut Battlestar Galactica. Do you BSG fans know that their new Series has barely moved past the 1978 Original Pilot? I mean how slow can they move the thing along. Oh and I saw the attack on the cylon base for fuel. I’ve seen better special effects out of my PS2. Yet the kids seem to love it.

A petition needs to be started to bring Donovan and team back to Sci-Fi channel. Lets let Lexx live on in our DVD players.

Voodooman
    Participant

Ok guys, there is no more AA we knew, it was eaten by Canwest and totally reformed.

So there is a big chances that new owners of LEXX – Canwest would find it interesting to return, or at least would sell it. Biggest problem now is investor,

But the rest is … well you know, i am writer and game game designer with several years of expirience in industry andstarted LEXX revival project few years ago, have 4 epic scripts (LExx Season 5 + Lexx prequel trilogy in 3 parts : Insect Wars, Divine order and Divine Assassin,  when 1st  3 planned as tv series, last one planned as video game) and general plan of how to return lexx to its original glory and roots of season 1, and you may support it. 

I was not satisfied with ending of LEXX season 4 and entire season, so my season 5 script is alternative to it, and developed completely with idea of backing lexx to season 1 roots, so even Eva Haberman planned to be returned (and i had conversation with her, she seems quite interested in return to Zev role, Brian Downey seems interested too) but not instead of Xenia, but in addition to her… so Zev and Xev planned to appear together.

If you interested please read details here http://iwhds.blogspot.com/p/fundraising.html and here http://twitter.com/iwhds and stop sitting on sofa and dreaming about LEXX revival! Do something! Make you move! Support lexx revival proiect and spread the word it!

Lexx not dead!

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Funniest post I’ve seen in ages ๐Ÿ™‚

So, you want us to donate some money to you for funding your attempt at a LEXX revival using your own scripts?  And you have the backing of 3 of the key actors…. Awsome!

I almost believe you.

(I’ll probably keep the links in for a little while so you can checkout the site for some fun.  I’m not normally so generous with scam posts, but what thehell, it might actually be true! ๐Ÿ˜€ )

theFrey
    Participant

Geeeeeze.

Voodooman
    Participant

No, you got it all wrong.

I was just too quick about posting this before preparation was over, however main reason of posting this that early – is attempt to attract some of attention to the project itself, additionally it was an experiment,  to find out if there is any chance to use financial support  from lexx fans to help project at least at start-up. I don’t really believe that lexx fans are so generous and rich to donate anything that could be spent for at least promotional purposes, but you never know until you try it,

Also i heard some rumors from Xenia about some rich lexx fan from California who was willing to invest into continuation of lexx, so why not to try this?

I expected such kind of skeptical reaction, if i was you i would not belive myself until ill have more information (thats where art of googling migh be helpful)… so its fine to me, and despite your sorcastic tone i think its pretty normal reaction and did everything right (well except screaming so loud that its a "scam", that was funny) but at least you had some fun while was reading it, don’t you?  

If you noticed i used a lot of rephrased lexx quotes in a funny way, and whole tone was not very serious, so in case if people would not believe this, they could at least think of it as funny joke.

I suppose it was you, who left that angry funny comment on this page, please check it again for answer with some proves. I had some fun while was reading that angry comment

Also i suggest you to start checking these sites (they was not launched back then)  http://www.lexxtv.com and http://www.lexxrevival.com for upcoming updates and related sites, where you, (if you are Sherlock Holmes enough ), can find some more information and proves about lexx revival project if you still think its a "scam".
    You may even find out there, to your big surprise, that it really might actually be true. ๐Ÿ˜€

More surprises coming soon, try not jump to conclusions so fast, yet.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.