LEXX S4 on DVD?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    The_Crusader
    Participant

Som of you might remember me as Crusader. Its bin a LOOOONG time since I posted in this forum.

Im a BIG LEXX fan from Sweden and last i heard was that LEXX season 4 would not get to Europe at all!

Is it still like that way, that LEXX hasnt and wont get on DVD in Europe?

leila
    Participant

Ok Lexx seasons 1-3 were released Region 2 DVD by Kult TV
    (The Contender Entertainment Group) who also gave us Farscape and Mutant X. I have been bugging them about a possible release for Lexx season 4, but am having no luck ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Last year they told me:

“Please note however, that we don’t have the rights to season 4, and I’m led to believe that another distributor has picked these up, so the season 3 materials will sadly be the last we release of Lexx.”

I wrote back again this year hoping for more news ๐Ÿ˜›

Here’s what I was told by the product manager:

“I’m afraid we turned down the rights on season four for a variety of reasons, the largest of which was that costs of producing and obtaining the year were extremely unlikely to be returned by the small sales we saw on seasons two and three…..

Do note, however, that now the rights are available, it’s not impossible that one of the other DVD companies similar to ourselves in the UK (for example, Network or Fremantle) would be interested enough to get the rights instead. All I can hope is that they are able to find a way to make the project affordable.

the Lexx owners don’t have to pass information on to people no longer involved in the process so I may not hear news much before you do”

So erm I think thats a Kult TV will definitely NOT be releasing Lexx season 4, but some other distributor might be willing to pick up the rights… but don’t hold your breath ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

lexxrobotech
    Participant

can’t you jimmy your dvd player?

UberToaster
    Participant

I have Series 4 on Region 2 DVD! I’ve been recording it off the telly onto pooter, then disc. Quality = not perfect, but good enough for me.

MoonShadow
    Participant

I bought Season 4 from the US. The DVDs are region free (R0) so you will be able to play them. The only issue is they are in NTSC (not PAL which is R2 R4 standards) so you will need to make sure your TV can handle NTSC.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.