Lexx Scripts/Definitive Spellings

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx Scripts/Definitive Spellings

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

As I’ve mentioned in the past, I’d really like to get some definitive spellings for all the names and terms in the series. Naturally, aside from the credits, the main canonical source for spellings tends to be the scripts. However, I’ve been unable to locate any scripts on the internet.

I did notice that signed scripts were awarded as prizes for the 1999 and 2000 Kai Kaptions, so there must be some floating around out there somewhere. Question is, where? Who’s got ’em? Valdron, I’m guessing you’ve got at least a few answers to offer here!

The show may be over, but we can still explore the universes of Lexx. Let’s work together to create the ultimate encyclopedia of Lexx: Every character, every place, every ship, every culture, every term. Properly spelled.

Whaddaya say?

Anonymous

Well I like to think I did a pretty good job considering what I had to work with. Which was my self and a bunch of Lexx tapes and DVD’s
    Slopmasters ultimate Lexx dictionary
    -SM

Anonymous

I have a script. They tend to crop up on Ebay from time to time. What are you after?

sgtdraino
    Participant

Mainly anything in there to which one might ask, “How do you spell that?”

All proper names, as well as any other Lexx terminology words. Whatever ya got!

Reading your dictionary now, Slopmaster!

Anonymous

Well, I gotta say that Slopmaster is fairly definitive. As for scripts floating around, there’s scripts given away at each of the uncons, as gifts, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Valdron:
    Well, I gotta say that Slopmaster is fairly definitive. As for scripts floating around, there’s scripts given away at each of the uncons, as gifts, etc.

Aw shucks Val and did it with little edumucation.

-SM

Headgehog
    Participant

I have the Twilight script, so if you ever need soemthign from that, drop me a line.

sgtdraino
    Participant

Valdron wrote:

From what I’ve read so far, Slopmaster’s dictionary IS definitive… EXCEPT when it comes to spelling As he said himself, he only had tapes and DVDs to work with, which means he (and I) only get spellings for what’s in those meager credits. I’ve also got a few other suggestions for improvements and corrections. Slopmaster’s grammar is about as good as Saddy’s. Slopmaster, would you rather do that kind of thing via email, or should I air that stuff here?

Headgehog wrote:

I have the Twilight script, so if you ever need soemthign from that, drop me a line.

Okay, How do you spell:

Lady Hydia
    High Governor Rhoda
    Rhuma
    Divine Shadow

Which script do you have, JumpingJedi?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    Okay, How do you spell:

Rhuma

From the Salter Street episode synopsis (provided to Acorn from Salter Street Films), it’s spelled Ruuma.

quote:

Divine Shadow

Just like that. How else would you spell it? Some people, who have trouble spelling the word “Divine” to begin with, spell it “Devine,” but that’s just a simple misspelling. The only “Devine” I know is Andy Devine, who was Gene Autry’s sidekick (I believe) and hosted his own kids’ TV show in the 50’s.

–Aleck

sgtdraino
    Participant

Aleck wrote:

From the Salter Street episode synopsis (provided to Acorn from Salter Street Films), it’s spelled Ruuma.

Ah, excellent, Aleck! I didn’t think of the backs of the DVDs. Do you know if the backs of the Season 1 DVDs are equally dependable?

Just like that. How else would you spell it? Some people, who have trouble spelling the word “Divine” to begin with, spell it “Devine,” but that’s just a simple misspelling.

I think the confusion comes from the chapter selection on the IWHS DVD. On that DVD, one of the chapters is entitled, “DEVINE SHADOW.” This is, IMO, clearly a mistake. The movie credits are quite consistent with “Divine,” but I figured it never hurts to have a little backup from a script.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    Ah, excellent, Aleck! I didn’t think of the backs of the DVDs. Do you know if the backs of the Season 1 DVDs are equally dependable?

Actually, the backs of both Acorn’s DVDs and Koch’s S1 DVDs aren’t from Salter’s synopses. They’re written in-house using Salter’s materials as a guideline for spelling and the like. Which means that it’s entirely possible that there are some mistakes there, though I haven’t found any yet. Koch’s S1 discs look to be fine, spelling-wise. However, keep in mind this: Not even Salter knows exactly how some things are supposed to be spelled. For instance, the materials are inconsistent as to whether it’s “proto-blood” or “protoblood,” “cryo-pod” or “cryopod.” And so on.

I think the confusion comes from the chapter selection on the IWHS DVD. On that DVD, one of the chapters is entitled, “DEVINE SHADOW.” This is, IMO, clearly a mistake. The movie credits are quite consistent with “Divine,” but I figured it never hurts to have a little backup from a script.

It’s definitely a mistake. It was the first thing I noticed when I looked at the discs (I think it’s even misspelled in the character bios). While I know that Salter approves the copy on the packaging, I don’t think that they go to the trouble of approving the actual contents (assuming, as would I, that if they manage to spell something right on the packaging that they’re likely to get it right in the supplements and menu screens). At any rate, the press materials and synopses sent to us from Salter clearly spell it “Divine.”

There’s not much else listed in the materials that I think is up for debate, as the synopses don’t give spellings for much else not listed in the credits. I still can’t figure out how to spell Prince’s first name, and I’m hoping that they provide something by the time we get to S4 DVDs.

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

Okay, here’s my proposal of the disputed names (based on phonetics, linguistics, and various demi-official sources):

Aurelium 4
    Battle of Fermarian
    Farley Cuckle
    Castle Drakul
    Enox
    Gigerotta
    Krito
    Leesterians
    Dr. Ernst Longbore
    Lusticon
    Macomarian Plague
    Gubby Marx
    Argon Protopi
    Ruuma
    Schnek
    Schlemmi
    Smoor
    Sub-Nebuli
    Vora

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Okay, here’s my proposal of the disputed names (based on phonetics, linguistics, and various demi-official sources):
    Vora

Oh yeah sorry about all the errors but I lost my super hearing powers sometime ago.

-SM

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Farley Cuckle

Coming, as these corrections do, from the press and in-house materials delivered from Salter to Acorn Media, they should be considered essentially official:

Farley Kuckle.

Castle Drakul

Castle (and Count) Dracul.

Gigerotta

Giggerota.

Gubby Marx

Gubby Mok.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Also, to clear this up finally, something that indicates that Lex Gigeroff was pretty much right but may have made a typo in the chat (not hard to believe, considering that he was typing under pressure a word that he may not have written for quite a while), a quote from the press materials:

“…he fought against His Divine Shadow as a member of the rebel Ostro-B Pair Legation.”

Ostro-B.
    NOT Austral-B.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

Ostro-B.
    NOT Austral-B.

–Aleck

Ok, it took me sometime but at last I have changed the spelling in my dictionary.

-SM

[ 17-05-2002: Message edited by: Slopmaster ]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.