LEXX Season 4 Vol 5 & 6 DVDs

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx LEXX Season 4 Vol 5 & 6 DVDs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I got them listed (through DVDPriceSearch.com) to come out on the same date.

DVD Release: 2004-02-10

That would be cool, but im leaning towards it being a typo.

ilyekkakai
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฏ I was just about to ask if any one knew when S4V5 is coming out ๐Ÿ˜€
    Cool,yeah, I hope that date is’nt a typo either ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Date is correct, as the releases were pushed back. Info here:

http://lexx.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4311

CathyQ
    Participant

Anyone have info on when Season 4 is expected out on DVD in the UK?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the board, CathyQ. ๐Ÿ™‚

Unfortunately, it would seem that unless something new has happened, when or if Season 4 will be released in the UK is still unknown.

To quote from the thread Stormsweeper linked to, here’s an email Stormsweeper received in July, 2003…

”a wrote:

We did announce the MVC-exclusive release of the DVD in the last newsletter (with a general release in October), and MVC have been aware of it ever since we agreed to do the release a couple of months ago. Though I notice this morning from their website that the information’s not been updated, so maybe the message didn’t get through…

I should say also that we’ve been made aware that the rights for Season 4 are not available – on the down side, this means the third year will be our last Lexx DVD release, but on the plus side, it sounds as though another company is gearing up to release it. Unfortunately we don’t know who, but if I can find out, it will be mentioned in the next newsletter.

CathyQ
    Participant

T hanks for the info! I guess I may just have to get Season 4 from the USA, and think about investing in a multi region DVD player! But I would have preferred to have Season 4 on PAL. I seem to remember that there were doubts that Season 3 would ever be issued in the UK, but eventually it was, though without much fanfare.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No probs, just passing on fairly old second-hand info. Indeed, there was much doubt over whether S3 would be released, who knows, it’s just possible that they might have set an S4 release-date already, but with so little fanfare that they haven’t even bothered to announce it… We’ll see, or not… I’m in Canada, but there’s a UK DVD box set (The Prisoner) that I really want; they play on my computer, but… I shoulda bought a region free player.

If you do buy the Region 1 DVDs online from the US, I suggest using http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/

Best of luck… May His merciful Shadow fall upon you.

-Logan

CathyQ
    Participant

Canada is where Lexx originated, isn’t it? I have good friends in Windsor – who I actually met on-line through a shared interest in scifi and computer gaming. Yes, it is highly annoying that the manufacturers have gone in for different region encoding. The trick will be, I suppose, to make sure that I order a Season 4 region 1 set before they are withdrawn, while waiting in hopes that a region 2 release will be forthcoming. Do they not have The Prisoner on Region 1 discs? It was a very fine series, well worth watching again. Occasionally it is repeated on TV in the UK. I can get Region 1 discs very cheaply in the UK through playusa.com. This is the international website of a British company – they will also send Region 2 discs worldwide, from their play.com site, and their prices are good.

Happy viewing!

sgtdraino
    Participant

… the entire Lexx series is MINE!!!

Aah… satisfaction.

There are only two TV series I have complete collections of on DVD. Danger Man/Secret Agent/The Prisoner (which I consider all the same thing), and Lexx.

What a long strange trip it’s been.

Of course, more special features would have been nice, but I’ll take what I can get. The message from Paul Donovan was neat, though I was a little disappointed to see it wasn’t an actual interview, just printed text. It was also nice to finally get a real blooper real. Hurrah!

Now I’m working on Red Dwarf, getting them as fast as they are released. Now THOSE are some special features.

Of course, if I had the $, I’d get Babylon 5. Unfortunately I don’t, so for now I just borrow them from my buddy.

Now if Fox would just release SPACE: Above and Beyond on dvd. THAT would be perfection.

Barabbas
    Participant

Happy Mine’s Complete!!!
    Adding To My TV Collection Of Full Sets (Some Easier than Others)heheh
    Lexx,The Prisoner, Mr.Bean, The Awful Truth, Monty Python, Father Ted, Current Thumb movies, Black Adder, The Tick, Family Guy, Fawlty Towers, Bottom, and The Young Ones.
    In the works South Park, Simpsons, Futurama, UCB, & Aqua Teen.

Cult Films are N/A.

Now I can finish making screen caps for my Lexx items for display.
    Gotta do something to keep me busy…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.