Lexx Season Four on Channel 5(UK)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx Season Four on Channel 5(UK)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Goosegash
    Participant

“Little Blue Planet”, tonight, 12:15.

Great. I finally get to see this, about three years after everyone else.

bonnee
    Participant

You better open the windows – season 4 manages to stink up two universes, and the smell attaches itself to things indefinetely (much like that Seinfeld episode).

Lexx season 4 arrives. Soon, we discover something is definitely amiss…

Jerry: Boy, do you smell something?
    Elaine: Do I smell something? What am I, hard of smelling? Of *course* I
    smell something.
    Jerry: What is it?
    Elaine: I think it’s B.O.!
    Jerry: What?
    Elaine: It’s B.O. The *valet* must have had B.O.
    Jerry: It *can’t* be. Nobody has B.O. like this.
    Elaine: Jerry. It’s *B*.*O*.
    Jerry: But the whole car smells.
    Elaine: So?
    Jerry: So when somebody has B.O., the “O” usually stays with the “B”.
    Once the “B” leaves, the “O” goes with it.

They each do their best dog impression and stick their heads out the window while they’re driving. They come back inside. They moan disgustedly and stick their heads out, again

leila
    Participant

I haven’t seen all of s4 either ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Have certainly set the video to record tonight ๐Ÿ˜€
    Though from what I have seen I really haven’t liked the way it was going… Its still Lexx though, more original than most other shows out there ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Anonymous

I just discovered this in the T.V. guide.

Damn, I missed the first two episodes, so I’ll have to start watching from “P4X” this Monday, but it’s ok, as I’ve been waiting to see Series 4 for aaaaaages!

leila
    Participant

So far not greatly impressed. Xev looks hot, and Kai is well Kai, but its not hooked me like the earlier stuff. I thought Texx Lexx was pretty disappointing.

Anonymous

Oh I dunno, there is a lot of good stuff in season 4. The Vlad stuff was great and it’s quirky and different and for those reasons alone it would be considered cool!

But some of the eps will prolly wind you up – not too much I hope!

Anonymous

Texx LEXX is a bit slow, but leads into a show that dwarfs that one quite red.

Okay too big a hint?

Like Sad mentioned the Vlad arc is pretty cool. In fact next to the Duke arc, the Vlad arc is my favorite. There’s some great lines by Kai, and a big surprise or two.

But there are some real stinkers. Nigel Bennett, Rolf Kanies, and Pat Z. really save this series when it starts to drag but sadly there’s a few eps like ‘Mort’ they’re not present in to save.

If I had one piece of advice though, stomach it. Because there’s some scenes that are real gems in the worst eps. In fact in the above mentioned ‘Mort’, there’s 2 *big* things that explain quite a bit about previous series(s) and help round out the story.

Krisia
    Participant

I am definitely wathing Lexx 2 nite!
    Finally series 4 has come to channel 5!

leila
    Participant

P4X

Now that’s more like it!
    Good to see the return of Lomia, and it was neat with the Red Dwarf cameos. I also rather like the killer carrots…. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Xev was really hot in this ep. And that little Damian style kid was a hoot.

Anonymous

I’m enjoying it.

Plus all my friends are watching it now, so it can’t be as bad as people make it out to be.

leila
    Participant

The Vlad stuff is fantastic ๐Ÿ˜€
    I love it when Lexx does Dark

richardvallance
    Participant

My favourite scene so far was Kai jamming with the Newfie band in the bar.

I like Vlad,”I kill you in the name of His Divine Shadow”.
    Yummy,strong-willed women.

Anonymous
    richardvallance wrote:

My favourite scene so far was Kai jamming with the Newfie band in the bar.

I like Vlad,”I kill you in the name of His Divine Shadow”.
    Yummy,strong-willed women.

The moment in the bar was most definately odd, but yeah it was cool.

I also loved the live Kai and his acting… awesome.

I can’t see why everyone hates S4 so much, they just seem like a bunch of cynical bastards to me, I think it’s GREAT!

UberToaster
    Participant

Series 4 is kicking arse so far… Maybe even on a par with Series 2… way better than Series 3. Of course, I’ve noticed SadGeezer reckons it gets worse from here on in, but – half a good series is better than a whole dull one (S3).

Really enjoying all the cameos by English actors in this series. Craig Charles, Hattie Hayridge, the guy who plays Father Jack… ‘Uther’ in ‘Magic Baby’ is Darryl from Birds of a Feather… ‘Van Helsing looked familiar from stuff too… all just adds to the fun.

Oh crap, Xev just died… not for the first (or last) time though I should think.

leila
    Participant

Ok am I right in thinking Lexx isn’t on tonight?
    Have flicked through tv guide and can’t see it on anywhere this week…. So I’m hoping that ‘Prime Ridge’ will be on next week.

Will someone let me know if its on at some funny time???? Don’t want to accidentally miss an ep!

Anonymous

It’s back on at the usual time again on Monday… thank goodness.

ZevofB3K
    Participant

What’s the Actor Kai like? I missed that epi, and am just curious. Is he as annoying as everyone tells me?

theFrey
    Participant

Yes.

Even MMM Twack said that he played a charter that was simply annoying. There were a quite a few funny bits. I particularly loved the off hand way he said he would be dedicating his very being to this role for the next six months….. pause… unless he got an extension. ๐Ÿ˜†

Word is that he kinda went over the top on a few things, but they were not necessarily cut out so as not to aggravate the fans, but rather the show was just too darn long.

UberToaster
    Participant

Just watched ‘The Game’ – loved it… Being a SadGeezer in more ways than one I’ve played a lot of chess and really enjoyed the idea of a chess-based episode. Of course, I imagine that for people who’ve never played it was a load of incomprehensible rubbish!
    I saved the game on my machine:

[Event “Edited game”]
    [Site “-“]
    [Date “2004.11.02”]
    [Round “-“]
    [White “Prince”]
    [Black “Kai”]
    [Result “0-1”]

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Bc5 3. Qe2 Nf6 4. d3 Nc6 5. c3 Ne7 6. f4 exf4 7. d4 Bb6 8. Bxf4 d6 9. Bd3 Ng6 10. Be3 O-O 11. h3 Re8 12. Nd2 Qe7 13. O-O-O c5 14. Kb1 cxd4 15. cxd4 a5 16. Ngf3 Bd7 17. g4 h6 18. Rdg1 a4 19. g5 hxg5 20. Bxg5 a3 21. b3 Bc6 22. Rg4 Ba5 23. h4 Bxd2 24. Nxd2 Ra5 25. h5 Rxg5 26. Rxg5 Nf4 27. Qf3 Nxd3 28. d5 Nxd5 29. Rhg1 Nc3+ 30. Ka1 Bxe4 31. Rxg7+ Kh8 32. Qg3 Bg6 33. hxg6 Qe1+ 34. Rxe1 Rxe1+ 35. Qxe1 Nxe1 36. Rh7+ Kg8 37. gxf7+ Kxh7 38. f8=Q Nc2#
    {Black mates} 0-1

Certainly an interesting game but not a great one… Prince and Kai seemed to play much better in their unfinished game from earlier in the series… even though they played most of the moves in that game in a few seconds at the end of the episode.

Prince’s 3. Qe2, 9. Bd3 and 30. Ka1 look like mistakes to me. Prince seems to miss a few chances to win at the end, too… Not what you’d expect from a guy who’s supposed to have won every game he’s played. Kai’s opening *is* bad, as the pieces were saying. 5… Ne7 was too defensive and he’s lucky not to get pushed off the board.

Anyway, another cool episode! Series 4 is great! Don’t know what everyone’s complaining about! ๐Ÿ™‚

theFrey
    Participant

This is a great discussion on the episode ‘The Game’ http://www.sadgeezer.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1314&highlight=game&sid=462ca58a159a8e75c26f40893d0989d0

(Note to Headge and Sad…. ummm long url’s anyone????)

Anyhow, I did like this episode, even though I have only played chess while in Junior High and never got past the basic moves really… think checkers with prettier playing pieces. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anyhoooo even none chess player that I am, this was an interesting game. And judging from the response it got from chess players, they enjoyed it even more that we did. ๐Ÿ˜€

UberToaster
    Participant

Thanks for the link!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.