Lexx stars at the Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Lexx stars at the Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Lexxathon
    Participant

I just recieved this email, having to do with all our favorite Lexx stars going to be at the Las Vegas Star Trek con:

“Hi James,

Patricia wanted me to email you the info about a convention we have scheduled. The convention is listed under Creation Entertainment, the Las Vegas show, the first of August. Appearing from the LEXX group will be Patricia, Louise, Xenia, Brian and Jeffrey Hirschfield. So far they only have Xenia listed but the others were confirmed yesterday.”

The official web site for the con is at:

http://www.creationent.com/cal/stlv.htm

Other things that Patty will be at are now listed on her website, too…

http://www.zentillizone.com

Viva Lexx Vegas!

mandara k
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜›

I don’t really want to post but Hello did anyone think this out or read Frey’s account of Vegas? It’s a logistical nightmare and a room full of trekkies are more likely to say “Who the f— are you guys? Hey but their are slot machines and lots of girlie shows so what the hell. Less crowd at DC ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Flamegrape
    Participant

Without knowing much of anything about the Star Trek convention in Vegas, I would tend to agree with Mandara K. DragoncCon remains my favorite convention. And not just because it’s near where I live.

Anonymous

This looks like a heavy duty Star Trek con and a very pricey one at that–odd choice for Lexx actors. Maybe there’ll be a special “anti-Trek” room. ๐Ÿ™„

Is Pyradine handling all of them now? ๐Ÿ™

elmey

Anonymous
    ”mandara wrote:

๐Ÿ˜›

I don’t really want to post but Hello

WOW! Hey there, stranger!
    So THIS is what brought you out from lurk mode?! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Good to see you! Stick around…don’t be a snob! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Its a good choice for the Lexx cast! Wouldn’t want them to get burned-out by the whole con circuit thing, now would we? They can do a con and have some breathing room…kick up their heels a bit! I’m sure they’re looking foreward to a little time off and having some fun. And it’s corporate sponsored, so they should be well taken care of! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Gotta have those “perks”! ๐Ÿ˜€

They had to offer another private party…there is little to nothing to attract a Lexx fan to a Trekkie Con. They are…intense. You either fit in, or you don’t. Of course there are peeps that are fans of both, I’m sure! ๐Ÿ˜• (I have been to them out of curiousity, but I got bored. I prefer a broader range of sci-fi and media).
    As for Vegas, given my luck at roulette and the Blackjack tables, I’ll take a pass. I’d rather spend my money year round traveling freely and meeting people eye to eye, rather than facing a dealer eye to eye and giving my money to the mob (hey, I’m from Chicago, I can do that here.) You could go to Monte Carlo and gamble for what a week-end in Vegas and the price of the con would cost! Just ask Frey to give out a ball-park figure…they held UScon there two years ago.

Don’t get me wrong! This is all IMHO, and I hope Lexx attracts alot of attention in Vegas, and gets a great turn out for the party! If you haven’t been there before, you should know 2 things…If you’re not old enough to drink, and you don’t have plenty of cash, Vegas is NOT a friendly place!

And don’t forget about Dragon Con; it’s a totally different animal! Remember, it’s a Popular Arts convention (television, film, art, literature, gaming) which covers many genres quite well (sci-fi, horror, fantasy, anime). It is the largest in the U.S. and quite diverse and sophisticated (all the more remarkable because it is fan driven and fan organized.)
    There is talk on some boards that Xenia is already booked at Dragon Con…hopefully that is true! And hopefully the rest of the cast will be there as well! And if they appear, they will find many, MANY Lexx fans waiting to greet them with open arms! As for private “Lexx only” parties… They can happen anywhere….. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

I knew they were going to Los Vag ๐Ÿ˜‰ it was in the plans long time ago.

DragonCon has updated their guest list, but no Lexx actors =p

HDS

Jhevz
    Participant

Yea, but who really knows what guests Dragon*Con might put on their list next month or what next month will bring, HDS; & besides, there might be a Lexx group there.

My favourite convention in the Summer is Dragon*Con; it’s a great, well-constructed convention that’s as organized as my Winter convention, Gallifrey One.

I hope that whoever goes, will tell us all about it.

Take care & have a great March.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Flamegrape
    Participant

I just took a look at the Creation Entertainment page for the Star Trek convention. Gods, what a monster! $400 dollars admission? I hope there is a separate admission price other than this “Gold” membership. It looks like it could be lots of fun. There will be tons of Trek actors in attendance. I wonder if it would be remotely possible to get Leonard Nimoy’s autograph? Also, I’m not sure I could deal with the intense trekkiness of the whole thing. I mean, I like Trek fine and everything. But Lexx has been called the anti-Star Trek. What does it all mean?

I don’t know. It seems a little funny going all the way across the country to a gigantic Trek convention in order to hang out with Lexx fandom! I think that all Lexx fans who can go should go.

But it’s a 2,000 mile drive for me (4,000 miles round trip). However, I will be in Nebraska on the 28th of July, attending my grandmother’s 102nd birthday. So I would be more or less half-way across the country anyway. And I have some friends I can visit in New Mexico and Texas. It would be quite an adventure.

On the road. Yeah.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians & Sci-Fi Fans,
    I’m saving my money up for August & Dragon*Con; I’d love to go to both though, but I’d have to win the lottery or something. & besides of which, both Atlanta, GA & Las Vegas, NV have great hotels, both expensive & not.
    Hopefully I’ll get to meet Xenia at Dragon*Con; I’ll go to her web site, before lunch & check; I’ll also check Dragon*Con’s before lunch & check there as well.
    Take care & have a great March & St. Patrick’s Day.

Lexxians & Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

๐Ÿ™„

Art thou insane? I guess this sucker really isn’t for LEXX fans unless you got beaucoup bucks. Hell, no. I would not go even if I had the cash. They’d have to book George Clinton in a lounge on the strip before I’d even think about it ( I’m wanting to hear a little funk)

Besides, Trekkies would be like…. What Generation are you “Deep Space Whine”?

All right where’s the nasty reply from pro-Vegas, and bookers of the conventions and pub people. Since most of you who seem to think you are ๐Ÿ‘ฟ in the know ( and you know who you are) want to rip me a new orifice …have at it. You can kiss my lilly tatooed arse

Flamegrape
    Participant

If the only rate of admission is $409, then count me out!

pet
    Participant

I would go if MM was going to be signing this book there:

๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Pet;D

theFrey
    Participant

ROTFL!!!! Too too funny Pet! Where do you come up with this stuff!

Jhevz
    Participant

Art thou insane? I guess this sucker isn’t for LEXX fans unless you got beaucoup bucks.

Are you referring to me, mandara; I thought we were friends; & besides, it’s mainly a Star Trek convention that’s expanding to other Sci-Fi media. Besides of which, I can only choose 1 other vacation; & this yr, like last yr, will be more of my dream, going to Atlanta, GA & Dragon*Con.

Pet, I like your drawing of MM, may I have a copy? He’s soooo cute & I like the saying, `I am not KAI: Michael McManus’.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

pet
    Participant
    Jhevz wrote:

Pet, I like your drawing of MM, may I have a copy? He’s soooo cute & I like the saying, `I am not KAI: Michael McManus’.

I didn’t draw very much of it, but you can right-click and “steal” anything I put up. No problemo….

In fact, I’ll throw in the original Spock book for free, if you like

http://special.petserrano.com/notspock.gif

Pet;D

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks Pet,
    I already saved both pictures to 2 picture folders & I thank you again; you’re a good person. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜€
    I’ll e-mail you some pictures of me sometime for you to keep. Thanks again for the 2 pictures.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant
    Jhevz wrote:

Art thou insane?

Are you referring to me, [/quote]

Naw, I doubt it sweetie, she most likely is refering to the overall expense of it all. ๐Ÿ˜€

But these are the first tickets. I would immagine that other price ranges will come up for sale later.

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks Frey,
    I kinda take some things to heart, then realize that it may have been in general terms; this is still 1 of the things I’m working on.
    In May or June, I’ll let everyone know who’s going to be the guest at next yr’s Gally convention.
    Thanks again, Frey ๐Ÿ™‚ , take care & have a great Spring & March.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Flamegrape
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Jhevz wrote:

Art thou insane?

Are you referring to me, [/quote]

Naw, I doubt it sweetie, she most likely is refering to the overall expense of it all. ๐Ÿ˜€

But these are the first tickets. I would immagine that other price ranges will come up for sale later.[/quote]
    I hope so. I’m not really interested in Star Trek that much.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.