Lexx Stuff!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know this should be on the news page but luddite-spaz that I am, I can’t get it up there. But, it’s so cool, I wanted y’all to know! A press release over at Salter has a list of companies now carrying (or, soon to be carrying) Lexx stuff! Whoo-Hoo! Plus, there’s more news worth reading.
    (Sad, if you can get it in the news, you can banish this to the cyberbin.) After reading this release, I am officially dusting off my credit card.

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 01-18-2001).]

Anonymous

Okay, I just posted this over at the bored, but…
    I work in DVD production at Acorn Media, and I’ve been working my little patinkin off trying to get this ready for release. So, disregard the dates that have been previously circulated regarding the releases. With all probability, they will most likely be pushed back until late May. Of course, as always, all dates are subject to change. We’ve been working together with Koch on this, and the VHS and DVDs should be released simultaneously in the US and Canada. There will be 4 eps per release, and we’ll be leading off with 2 sets (2.1-2.4 and 2.5-2.8, respectively). Unfortunately, with all the preparation going into the creation of these sets, all 20 episodes of Season 2 won’t be released at once. We’re trying to have distinct and individual features for each set, and it would be nearly impossible for us to get all of them done at once. However, they are shaping up to be pretty snazzy little things, and being a ridiculously huge fan of the show, I’m not just saying this because I work here. I’ve been trying to see to it that these (particularly the DVDs, since that’s where I’m focused) are cool enough to please Lexxians and newbies both. So, keep your eyes open for news. Any questions, or anything like that, go ahead and ask.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Okay, I just posted this over at the bored, but…
    I work in DVD production at Acorn Media, and I’ve been working my little patinkin off trying to get this ready for release. So, disregard the dates that have been previously circulated regarding the releases. With all probability, they will most likely be pushed back until late May. Of course, as always, all dates are subject to change. We’ve been working together with Koch on this, and the VHS and DVDs should be released simultaneously in the US and Canada. There will be 4 eps per release, and we’ll be leading off with 2 sets (2.1-2.4 and 2.5-2.8, respectively). Unfortunately, with all the preparation going into the creation of these sets, all 20 episodes of Season 2 won’t be released at once. We’re trying to have distinct and individual features for each set, and it would be nearly impossible for us to get all of them done at once. However, they are shaping up to be pretty snazzy little things, and being a ridiculously huge fan of the show, I’m not just saying this because I work here. I’ve been trying to see to it that these (particularly the DVDs, since that’s where I’m focused) are cool enough to please Lexxians and newbies both. So, keep your eyes open for news. Any questions, or anything like that, go ahead and ask.

–Aleck

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Aleck.. always nice to have someone on the inside on our side

Now, if we could get Richard Bridgewood onto the sadboard as well..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now, if we could get Richard Bridgewood onto the sadboard as well..

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

No problem. The hardest thing has been sitting around waiting until I could spill the beans. (No pun intended)

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:

No problem. The hardest thing has been sitting around waiting until I could spill the beans. (No pun intended)

–Aleck

Anonymous

Aleck, that is way kewl! Thank you! So, are they gonna have cool extras that we haven’t seen added onto the DVDs?? Huh, huh?
    Inquiring minds gotta know!

——————

Anonymous

Aleck, that is way kewl! Thank you! So, are they gonna have cool extras that we haven’t seen added onto the DVDs?? Huh, huh?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Hopefully, yes.
    I’m loathe to say anything really specific, because we’re still in the development stage right now, getting a few things worked out, and I don’t want to say “we’re gonna have this, and this, and this,” and end up disappointing people if we can’t get them on there. There is at least one extra feature that we’re still working on sorting out the rights. But, on the other hand, there’s the possibility that we’ll end up with some nifty stuff that I’ve only heard rumors about, and we should have ready for the first couple of releases.
    So far, all I can say without much doubt, is that there will be actor and character bios (the character bios will be different from the ones featured on the earlier Koch Season 1 releases), as well as a trivia section (though don’t expect anything too brain-busting…I’m supposed to make the questions accessible to those who are new to the series as well as to fans of the show). There *should* be a good number of other goodies on there, but, as I’ve said, we’re still working on getting those sorted out right now.
    More updates as they come in. I’m working on setting up the scene indeces/chapters right now. Getting paid to watch LEXX…I can’t think of a better job.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Hopefully, yes.
    I’m loathe to say anything really specific, because we’re still in the development stage right now, getting a few things worked out, and I don’t want to say “we’re gonna have this, and this, and this,” and end up disappointing people if we can’t get them on there. There is at least one extra feature that we’re still working on sorting out the rights. But, on the other hand, there’s the possibility that we’ll end up with some nifty stuff that I’ve only heard rumors about, and we should have ready for the first couple of releases.
    So far, all I can say without much doubt, is that there will be actor and character bios (the character bios will be different from the ones featured on the earlier Koch Season 1 releases), as well as a trivia section (though don’t expect anything too brain-busting…I’m supposed to make the questions accessible to those who are new to the series as well as to fans of the show). There *should* be a good number of other goodies on there, but, as I’ve said, we’re still working on getting those sorted out right now.
    More updates as they come in. I’m working on setting up the scene indeces/chapters right now. Getting paid to watch LEXX…I can’t think of a better job.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Aleck, you bad! Thanks. I’ll be keepin my DVD player warmed up and ready! Paid to watch Lexx…sigh! Kewl

——————

Anonymous

Aleck, you bad! Thanks. I’ll be keepin my DVD player warmed up and ready! Paid to watch Lexx…sigh! Kewl

——————

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.