Lexx Time Line

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’m trying to sort out a time line from The Insect Wars to the events in Yo-Way-Yo, on Primevera software. If I give the events a span of 12,000 years, is it enough? Anybody please throw in their time perspectives! When I started this I thought it would be quite simple, but I’ve managed to muck up the whole thing. example-

12,000 L.Y.(Lexx years)ago-Brunnen G lead the victory of humanity over Insect Civilization

10,000 L.Y.- Brunnen G leave Brunnis for Light Zone? (agree? disagree?)

9,800 L.Y.-Shields of Brunnis II erected
    (do they unlock the secrets of immortality at this time?)
    What major events came next, and where would they fit on the time-line?
    The rise of the divine order? The formation of the reform planets? The destruction of Brunnis II,and Kai’s death? Was Kai the first Divine Assassin ever made? Did anyone every count the divine predeccessors that were loaded on The Lexx and calculate a time span just on that? OUCH! So much stuff…and I haven’t even gotten to Zev yet!!!! Please help! T_T

Flamegrape
    Participant

Wow, that’s a tough one.

For some reason, I think DalekTek790 worked out some sort of timeline. Or maybe it was Fred? I think it’s somewhere on SadBoard.

Anonymous

Ya someone had a pretty good one that started 15 billion years ago, the time 790 said would take for them to meet again from the very beginning of time in “End of the Universe”

up to the beginning of series 4 which I believe was indicated as 2005 after the next elections.

Anonymous

O.K.- I’ll start searching, but it would be alot easier if someone could give me specifics Is there an official (OR unofficial) archivist here? In the meantime, perhaps I’ll address specifics.
    In Twilight, the High Governor commented that Kai was wearing the “uniform” of a Divine Assassin. That kinda took me by surprise-was he referring to an over-all dark clad figure, or was Kai’s decarbonized Brunnen G uniform used as a proto-type for later assassins? Obviously it was not used for Divine Executioners, but I won’t go there (yet).So this got me thinking…was Kai the first of his kind? IF this has been discussed before, I apologize for the redundancy.

pet
    Participant

You could start here:
    http://www.wordwrights.co.uk/lexx/time.html

Pet;D

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:

In Twilight, the High Governor commented that Kai was wearing the “uniform” of a Divine Assassin. That kinda took me by surprise-was he referring to an over-all dark clad figure, or was Kai’s decarbonized Brunnen G uniform used as a proto-type for later assassins? Obviously it was not used for Divine Executioners, but I won’t go there (yet).So this got me thinking…was Kai the first of his kind?

The uniform discussion has come up before, and one of the posters here mentioned that at an Uncon one of the Lexx crew stated that the High Governor’s comment was just one of your basic Lexx inconsistencies. Which makes sense I think.
    I also think it’s doubtful Kai was the prototpe assassin, there were undoubtedly a few misfires before they figured out how to produce a proper assassin. Kai seems to be
    a pretty well made model
    And again, I wish my memory were better, but one of the beans was quoted somewhere as saying that Vlad was much older than Kai.

elmey

Anonymous

Thanks for the jump-start, everyone. Pet, your lead was great-the key events all in order must have been a mother to organize! Any other time line leads, please? And next specific…is it logical that the heretics brought Drago to earth before Vlad arrived to wait for Kai? Was the Earth some type of rebel base in the Dark Zone?

Anonymous

Hi Trini, I did the Darrow timeline, so I’ll thank you for the compliment.

DalekTek790 did a supplementary or additional timeline, you could probably make a request of him. He covers Earth history
    as it operates concurrently with Lexx history.

As for Drago, my own theory is that Vlad
    originally took him down or disabled him and was hauling him back to The Cluster when she
    got the mission to go after Kai. He could
    be kept in storage indefinitely, so she simply commenced the hunt. Her Catspaw, Dracul is simply a slavic version of Drago(n), which implies some kind of connection.
    Them both showing up on Earth at about the same time is simply too much of a coincidence.

Given the connection of Drago to Kai, it might well be that one of the first things Vlad did when assigned to take down Kai was to go after the heretics. After all, she’d assume that Kai had hooked up with the heretics. For self preservation or long term maintenance, he’d probably wind up in the heretic bio-sciences departments. A search through these areas for Kai would lead her inevitably to Drago.

Anonymous

Thanx for responding Valdron. Do not doubt me when I say I can relate to the amount of researching/cross-referencing that little project must have taken. An admirable effort, to be sure! I am enjoying speculating on Earth’s place in the cycles of time. I found your theory plausible, and intriguing; however Kai states that he killed Drago 4,000 years ago. Give or take the time inconsistancies you mention in your timeline, that would place Drago as one of Kai’s last kills for HDS. That remains consistant with heretics transporting Drago’s corpse to Earth at the same time Vlad was dispatched to destroy Kai.
    Therefore, is it correct to assume the heretics were familiar with moving in and out of the fractal core to transcend universes, but the Divine Order was not? Otherwise why did Vlad need to locate a “bruise” in the time space “fabric” to locate Kai? And she still had to wait some 4,000 years there for him, correct? Does this seem logical to anyone else? Or have I missed something…AGAIN! T_T

[ 27-09-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

pet
    Participant

Glad to have been able to find the timeline for you. I keep losing track of it, myself, so now at least I know where to look next time my hubby and I have a “before-or-after” discussion in the car.

And I agree, it must have been a painstaking and tedious task. I don’t envy Valdron that bit at all!

Pet;D

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:

Therefore, is it correct to assume the heretics were familiar with moving in and out of the fractal core to transcend universes, but the Divine Order was not? Otherwise why did Vlad need to locate a “bruise” in the time space “fabric” to locate Kai? And she still had to wait some 4,000 years there for him, correct? Does this seem logical to anyone else? Or have I missed something…AGAIN

The heretics definitely knew about the fractal cores, since in IWHS, the Lexx found its way to the fractal core from the information in Stan’s other tooth
    It was supposed to be a location where they would be safe from the Divine Order.

I guess you have to speculate regarding HDS’ own knowledge of the fractal cores, but he clearly wanted to discourage his subjects from going into the Dark Zone. In Mantrid his essence seemed to be aware of how to reproduce the effects of a fractal core to get back to the Light Universe. The MegaShadow Admiral in IWHS on the other hand had never heard of anyone successfully traversing a fractal core.

Regarding Vlad, clearly the Time Prophet told her she’d find Kai on Earth but it’s not clear whether or not she told her it would take 4000 years (probably she didn’t). You’d think if Vlad had known that, she’d have gone back for more protoblood first Maybe Vlad didn’t know scientific terminology and calls a fractal core a bruise??

Actually I think this is just another of those very hazy areas in Lexx continuity.
    There’s plenty of them! As long as the general idea is pretty clear they usually don’t matter that much to me.

elmey

Anonymous

With regard to travel to and from the Dark Zone.

1) At the start of IWHS the Wake Up MC describes the Light Universe and the Dark Zone as Stan is trying to sleep. This means that knowledge of the Dark Zone is fairly common in the Light Universe. The Divine Order acknowledges its existence, which suggests it is so well known it cannot be concealed. Both Stan and Zev seem aware of it.

2) Stan tells the others that his teeth contain a map to the Dark Zone, a realm inaccessible to His Shadow’s forces. Although well known, the Divine Order can’t seem to get through. This is confirmed by the Megashadow admiral.

3) Despite this, both the Lexx and the Megashadow make it through. The Lexx has the map, the Megashadow follows. Later on, the Lexx returns to the Light Universe and goes back to the Dark Zone following the map.

4) But later, the Lexx has to detonate a neutron star to get back to the Light Universe, and it doesn’t make it to the Dark Zone again until the Universe is in collapse.

5) 790 near the end of series two refers to nodes, not actual places, but weak points between the two universes which are established by arrangements of mass. This may be similar to what Vlad referred to as a bruise.

6) There was apparently movement between the Universes in the past. The Brunnen G appeared to go back and forth and eventually moved their entire population. The Dark Zone was the probably origin point of humanity. Third season merely confirms it- the receptacles of human souls, Fire and Water, were in the Dark Zone. This included souls from the Light Universe.

What conclusions may we draw from this?

My guess is as follows. Humanity originated in the Dark Zone, the Light Universe was discovered, whole civilizations, including the Brunnen G colonized or even relocated. They met the insects, the great war started.

In this ancient history, travel between the Light Universe and the Dark Zone must have been much easier. Either there were more portals of entry and easier portals of entry. Or the level of technology or achievement was higher.

Actually, there are a lot of signs through season one and two that the Light Universe was an entropic realm, a place of civilizations and of humanity long past its peak and in decline. Civilization of the present might not have the guts and gumption, the scale of organization or the technical accomplishment to travel back and forth.

On the other hand, its equally possible that the ancient civilizations destroyed most of the good portals between the Universes in various wars. The LEXX put paid two both the Fractal Core and the Neutron Star gateways in its time.

Still, there must have been some occasional communication, probably difficult and risky and very small scale. It’s likely that if this was the origin of humanity, the Dark Zone was probably so deeply embedded in culture that not even the Divine Order could erase it.

The bottom line is that by the time of LEXX there was no viable portal to the Dark Zone large enough to move quantities of men and material on a large scale. Thus, the realm was inaccessible to the Divine Order. And, for that matter, the Heretics. An occasional agent or scouting party could get through, but not an invasion force.

Stan’s tooth suggests that a viable mass transit route, a highway had finally been developed and mapped between the universes. This provides, or could provide a retreat point for the heretics, if they needed to escape. Or maybe it was a potential source of allies. Whatever.

The point is, that by this point in history, an effective viable route between the universes was a valuable military secret.

There was nothing supernatural about its being inaccessible to the Divine Order. The Gigashadow and the Insect Essences in the Predecessors and Kai could travel back and forth. The Megashadow could make the trip. The Gigashadow couldn’t because it was too big. It was inaccessible because it was unknown.

As for Vlad, she got her marching orders after IWHS, but before the Cleansing and before Gigashadow. We have to assume that she wasn’t around for the cleansing but was herself inaccessible, or she would have been fed to the pits like all the other Assassins and Executioners.

The latest she could have gone would have been before Mantrid started dismantling the nodes. So no later than midpoint in second season, say Patches in the Sky.

But my own guess is that she transferred over early instead of later.

Drago was killed by Kai, resurrected as an assassin. By the date given by Kai, it would probably be one of his latter kills, within months, years, decades before IWHS.

Now, its entirely possible that Drago and Vlad wound up on Earth separately by coincidence. Big coincidence, very big coincidence, but who knows.

But it seems to me that Drago could not have been brought to Earth after Vlad was there.
    She would have been in an active cycle (she was, she figured in legends and her symbol appears in ruins) and would have found and destroyed Drago.

Possibly, Drago arrived first and was buried when Vlad arrived, so she never noticed him.

But why would the heretics take Drago into the Dark Zone at all? What’s the point? What’s the motivation? He’s a weapon. I assume they should have been using him on their enemies. And why is Drago’s name so similar to Dracul? And isn’t it a huge coincidence that two undead assassins with a connection to Kai should show up on Earth at the same time and go into long term suspended animation.

So, I’m going with my “Vlad captures Drago on a prior mission, or as a blind alley on current mission, and drags him with her to the Dark Zone.”

There is another possible theory: That the heretics were also looking for Kai, and they believed Drago was their best bet to capture him. They headed for the Dark Zone following the same prophecy that Vlad would later on.

As for Vlad being screwed over by the prophecy, well, that’s basically the way prophecies work in literature and film.
    They always contain evil unexpected twists.

Vlad was probably told that she’d meet Kai on Earth, but she almost certainly didn’t realize it would take 4000 years.

3)

Anonymous

Uh… Valdron…When someone asks for information, you don’t fool around! Thanx! Trini

Anonymous

No problem. You should see me in a real argument.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Trini-Give me your e-mail address, and I can send you a copy of my timeline.

However I must warn you that much of the information in it is conjecture, and some may be irrelevent (I don’t have the time to edit it right now).

Anonymous
    Inactive

No problem. You should see me in a real argument.

he’s not kidding when he says that..

Anonymous

Man, you guys really are SAD geezers!!

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Dragula:
    Man, you guys really are SAD geezers!!

And? Of course we are! All hail the KiNG gEEzer TonY!

Anonymous

Glad to be Sad! I’ll admit, hypothesizing on fictional histories until your brain hurts is a strange form of fun, but it helps keep the thought process well-oiled and operating smoothly for R.L.! (or for f.f.’s!)

Anonymous

DalekTek790! Check your messages! Trini

Lexxterious
    Participant

I just wanted to add a point to Valdron’s fine analysis of the Lexx timeline – Vlad did not know that His Divine Shadow had already been killed by Kai (I think this is revealed in 4.10 Magic Baby) – so that puts Vlad’s insertion into Earth history from The Light Universe as between IWHS and GigaShadow.

Now a question, 790 had no knowledge of the Dark Universe in 1.2 SuperNova, yet in 4.22 Trip, 790 can describe civilizations and histories of planets in the Dark Zone in detail. Since travels in the Dark Zone were pretty limited to Earth and its Twins on the other side of the Sun, where did 790 get this information?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lexxterious:
    Now a question, 790 had no knowledge of the Dark Universe in 1.2 SuperNova, yet in 4.22 Trip, 790 can describe civilizations and histories of planets in the Dark Zone in detail.

Good question. An answer to that question would make great material for season 5.

Anonymous

Thats as simple as they come. After the ‘End of the Universe’ and before ‘Fire and Water’, LEXX was drifting for 4300 years. 790 would wake periodically, once a month, to check on things. Kai woke once a year to check on 790.

But why wake once a month, drifting at sublight speeds, when you know it will take hundreds or even thousands of years to even approach the nearest star?

Why? Because of the possibility of rescue. It took no active energy to receive radio or ‘subspace’ transmissions. We can assume that the LEXX’s receptors were on full. 790 would wake once a month to analyze and collate the data, see if any ships had or would pass through the area, what the inhabited civilizations are, etc. Even at a rate of once a month, 790 would have woken to check radio frequencies approximately 50,000 times. This would offer more than enough opportunity to map out every energy broadcasting civilization over a fair chunk of the Dark Zone.

Or, how about this: 790 didn’t know what was in the Dark Zone originally, but Kai did. Kai knew the original coordinates for Brunnis, and he was also aware of the location and status of Nimbus 9, the prison planet for nymphomaniacs.

So…. Kai knows he has useful information.
    He knows his protoblood won’t last forever.
    He simply fills in 790. He has 4300 opportunities to do so.

In fact, the best chance of getting out of this mess would be a composite strategy. Kai fills 790 in on what he knows about the life and civilizations of the Dark Zone, information that may well have been thousands of years out of date, and 790 monitors the frequencies to see what’s changed.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.