light and dark universes

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx light and dark universes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi, can someone tell me why the dark universe is full of darkness and depravity, while people died by the billions in the light universe? What’s the difference?

Anonymous

Choas always reigned in the Dark Zone, while His Divine Shadow imposed order in the Light Universe. The Divine Order punished anyone who defied them, like Giggerotta, so technically the Light Universe was safer cuzin the Dark Zone, people like Giggerotta could run around doing whatever they wanted.
    But then a lot of people in the Light Universe got slaughtered in the Cleansing to feed the GigaShadow. So much for order equalling safety.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

Well I think if anything its just propaganda to keep the population of the light universe under his control. You can’t be serious when you say the light universe isn’t depraved and chaotic. It was far more evil than anything we have ever seen in the dark zone.

-SM

lizard
    Participant

I totally agree with Slopmaster..In the movies it seems that the dark zone being evil (or more evil than the light zone) stuff is Divine order propaganda. The universe where the Brunnen-G originated from can’t be all bad!

Anonymous

I do believe its a lot of propaganda but I wonder if its more than that. Did the insect believe the dark zone was like because of what happened to its people or because maybe it was a very evil place.

-SM

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’ve always figured our universe was called the Dark Zone was called that for the same reason Africa was called the Dark Continent: next to nothing was known about it. It was impenitrable so people were afraid of it and assumed it was full of evil. People historically fear and hate what they do not understand.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I think HDS propaganda and fear of the unknown both contribute to the Dark Zone’s bad reputation. HDS told everyone it was evil, no one was brave enough to find out if he was right or not, so they all just took his word for it.

There’s no doubt(at least not in my mind), that the Dark Zone was chaotic and the Light Zone orderly. But good and evil is a different story altogether, depending on which you like more, chaos or order(reminds you of the Vorlons and the Shadows in B5, huh?)(personally I’d take my chances with the chaos)

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no surviving enemies. At all.

“I’d far rather be happy than right any day.”
    “And are you?”
    “No. That’s where it falls down, of course.”–Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“It’s all in the mind.”–George Harrison

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.