Like to see it on the TV. Now’s your chance…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Like to see it on the TV. Now’s your chance…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    richardpitt
    Participant

Hi ,
    I am doing some research for a UK TV documentary on the chiches of scifi. As a result, I’m asking for funniest/worst moments from the B movie era (modern musings welcome too!). This could be:-
    Funniest aliens, worst SFX, daft plots, spurious excuses for nudity…I’m sure you know the drill.
    What do you think? Thanks guys..

Anonymous

Worst movie ive seen that so bad, its funny.

Yor: The Hunter from the Future.

I think HBO re-ran this movie over and over through the mid 80s, horrible props, incredibly bad acting, the only thing that could have saved it was some nudity, but it didnt have any.

Maybe Mystery Science Theatre 3000 did an episode of it?

Rag
    Participant

This is probably a redundent comment… But the king of the dodgy Sci-fi B movie has got to be ‘Plan 9 from Outer Space’. No other film has quite equalled the flapping cardboard scenery, although the original Star Trek’s, Dr Who and neighbours have had a good bash. I know neighbours is not widely considered to be sci-fi, but you cannot seriously expect me to believe that all of the ‘actors’ are from this planet!!!

So for me, the biggest cliche for the age of the classic B movie has got to be the unintentionally animate sets. Oh, and ham acting… back to neighbours again.

richardpitt
    Participant

Rag and Lister, thank-you both.

Any more? Can be TV too…

ta

Anonymous

Well, even though its pretty modern, one extremely underrated scifi show is…..
    TELETUBBIES!

they are aliens, they have a droid wich they use for………..cleaning, and they repeat their words very suspiciously.

THERE YOU GO!
    Horrible acting….****ty scenery
    nudity??*yuck*

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is a chiche something like a cross between a cliche and a chic? A female cliche?

richardpitt
    Participant

It’s a mexican chicken deity, actually.

C’mon, I was typing fast…you don’t think they actually employ literate people in these jobs, do you?

dgrequeen
    Participant

Come on! The absolutely horriblest of all time TV shows has got to be Scifi Channel’s late, unlamented “Black Scorpion”. The only reason that show existed was to display bosoms and thighs in faux leather gear. Nudity would have been preferable.

Anonymous

The one cliche that bugs the seven hells out of me is that all the aliens are humanoid in nature, or at the very most, share human traits, even if they look like the pavement decoration at all night takeouts.

I mean, what if there was an alien race that was entirely a hive mind? You know, a zillion bodies, but only one mind? How would that mind be able to comprehend thye individualism of humanity? Or, or, if there was a race of immortal, silicon-based creatures, how would they comprehend aging or death for that matter? An alien race that had never experienced warfare or hatred would be frightened to bits at what is happening here on Earth. Or have you considered, that in this infinite (or at least, bloody BIG) universe of ours, there may be entire planets and/or stars, mayhap even galaxies that are sentient in their own right (Think Gaia and Galaxia from Foundation). Aliens aren’t just guys in funny makeup you know.

Oookay, rant over. Medicine time!

Anonymous

Good point about the humanoid aliens. And why only two sexes? What if there were three? Or four? Or six?

Anonymous

You missed ‘one’….

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rag wrote:

This is probably a redundent comment… But the king of the dodgy Sci-fi B movie has got to be ‘Plan 9 from Outer Space’.

I’d have to go with that one too! That film is a scream!

The Doctor Alt 8
    Participant

Well, my recomendation would be the monster creation scene from a terrible film called, if memory serves correctly ” Horror At party Beach . ” The monster is terrible as well…

Anonymous

The monster in Flesh Gordon were pretty ropey, but I actually quite like that film ๐Ÿ™‚

Sexy Sci Fi, you don’t see much of that around anymore.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.