LIKES?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’ve been wondering about this, and no, I haven’t lost any sleep over it, but did Prince ask Kai if he’d LIKE to see Stanley? Was Kai’s answer yes? The answer seems out of character, or is it just my imagination? I’m sure you guys will set me straight. Thanks :

Anonymous

This little incident is one among many. I love the show and one of the reasons I do is to catch the inconsistancies. All of the characters have had slight “errors”. Some of my favorite ones are in “Eating Pattern”, Zev finds some bags of blue stuff and asks 790 what it is. He says “I can’t tell you, I have no sense of smell.” However in”Twilight”
    when he is decribing Stan’s pending demise, he says something insulting and say “Besides that, he smells bad” or words to that effect. In Brizon, when the bio vizier needs resusitating, Kai says someone else will have to help him, I have no breath. That being the case, for a breathless fellow, Kai does a bang up job of blowing out a flaming arrow in season 3’s, Gondola. All these things just endear the show to me all the more.

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited March 30, 2001).]

Anonymous

About the Prince/Kai thing: Well, Kai did go down into the core of Fire to “get” Stan so I guess he would want to “see” him.
    I thought 790 was just insulting Stan, regardless of whethere he stinks or not. Remember in 2.4 “Luvliner” 790 says
    “Its times like these I’m glad I have no sense of smell”
    I think I discussed Kai’s breath somewhere else and I mentioned the Gondola incident and someone else commented on Kai being able to whistle to Xev at the end of the beach…

——————
    “pRiCk yOuR FiNgEr, iT iS DoNe. tHe MoOn hAs NoW eClIpSeD tHe sUn. ThE aNgEl hAs SpReAd iT’s wInGs, tHe TimE haS cOmE fOr BeTTEr tHiNgs…”

lizard
    Participant

Kai doesn’t “breath” in the sense of passing oxygen through his lungs to his blood supply (he doesn’t have a blood supply anymore), but he still has lungs that are there from when he was alive, and he can take air into them and blow it out (which he does on various occasions) I don’t think that he wanted to give the bio-vizier mouth to mouth. Kai uses being “dead” as an excuse for not doing a lot of things!

DalekTek790
    Participant

The worst error in Lexx is the whole premise of the “patches in the sky.” Fruitcake tells Gubby Marx that the Wolfram-T Galaxy is gone. So Gubby goes over to his telescope ans, sure enough, that galaxy is missing. Now, galaxies are something like 5 billion light years apart, and Mantrid started disassembling stuff less than a year before that episode, so there’s no way the light (or lack of light) from the Wolfram-T galaxy could have reached there.

Now, you could reason that Gubby had some sort of subspace telescope, but then in The Net we see pieces of the galaxy disappearing before our very eyes!

What sort of scientific negligence could have possessed the Lexx creators to write in a plot point so blatantly flawed as the “patches” in Patches in the Sky, let alone a visual effect like the one at the beginning of The Net that would get any viewer riled up in its impossibility?!?

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited March 31, 2001).]

Anonymous

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    The worst error in Lexx is the whole premise of the “patches in the sky.” Fruitcake tells Gubby Marx that the Wolfram-T Galaxy is gone. So Gubby goes over to his telescope ans, sure enough, that galaxy is missing. Now, galaxies are something like 5 billion light years apart, and Mantrid started disassembling stuff less than a year before that episode, so there’s no way the light (or lack of light) from the Wolfram-T galaxy could have reached there.

Our Beans really don’t care about scientific believability in Lexx. That aside, suppose that the light universe, despite the assumptions of the Divine Order, is actually considerably smaller than the dark zone. The stars seem to be much closer together in the light zone, based on both the CG effects, and the apparent ease and speed of travel from planet to planet. Perhaps the light universe is like a tiny bud universe inside the Dark Zone, a little bubble, which big-bangs into existence (according to Kai), and collapses again when the time is right, or when some maniac like Mantrid comes along. Still not very scientifically accurate, but plausible enough for fiction, perhaps.

Katisha
    (a few light years off the original topic)

Anonymous

I suppose that I’m looking for consistency where there is obviously none intended. I’ts just that Kai is always insisting that he doesn’t have any “likes”, or feelings, etc. Perhaps it’s just slow, yet painful character development on the part of the Beans. Now the real question is, do I really care? Well, if they don’t then I won’t. Do you think that the crew knows anything about wormhole technology?

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

mmmm,
    I don’t think it’s meant to make sense. Paul Donovan’s a physicist [as we all know] so I’m sure he’s aware of the lack of continuity. Perhaps he’s allowing these to provide a bit of light/heavy discussion for those of you who want to get wound up about it.
    Speaking as someone who has a leaning towards biology/chemistry I’ve long since concluded that there is absolutely no point trying to get my head around the indiscrepancies. Yes they are blatant but it is a fantasy show as well as a SciFi. I think it’s called artistic licence
    Go on let the beans have their fun, ya know it makes sense. After all, the show is supposed to be the antithesis [according to the beans]of all of those politically/scientifically correct scifi shows. There are plenty of those shows to go around

Kog2

[This message has been edited by kaisothergirl2 (edited March 31, 2001).]

Anonymous

Lexx is science fiction, not science fact!
    I don’t really think Lexx is set in our reality anyway (or though the Earth thing may dispell that notion). If you want scientific continuity, try Star trek.

——————
    “pRiCk yOuR FiNgEr, iT iS DoNe. tHe MoOn hAs NoW eClIpSeD tHe sUn. ThE aNgEl hAs SpReAd iT’s wInGs, tHe TimE haS cOmE fOr BeTTEr tHiNgs…”

Anonymous

Veryfew things in LEXX actually obey the laws of physics. For example, how does Kai stand on the outside surface of the LEXX before jumping down to the planet Water and talk into a sqawker when there is no air in space? Unless the LEXX has enough gravity to carry an atmosphere along with it…

Anonymous

Very interesting point….The LEXX is the size of New York………

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

The Lexx is eight kilometers long.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    The Lexx is eight kilometers long.

Yes, but the lexx would still have to have mass on the order of 10^6 kg to exert a reasonable amount of gravity (this is assuming that the mass is concentrated in the center of the bug.) Which is awfully dang massive!

(this calculation may be somewhat questionable, because I have forgotten what a “newton” is and I am too lazy to look it up, but the above is my best estimate of reasonable w/out consulting a physics book.)

Anonymous

Its 10km. Would you like me to mail you the original design which includes measurements?

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

I just posted what it said on another Lexx site.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

Anonymous

Sorry, that message sounded a bit harsh, it wasn’t supposed to.

——————

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.