Lister & Hilly on Lexx…?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Red Dwarf Lister & Hilly on Lexx…?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

According to a post on a the SciFi Channel’s Lexx BBS, Craig Charles and Hattie Haydridge will be appearing on new episode of Lexx that will soon begin filming. They’ll apparently be playing a couple of kinky, sadistic prison guards (and a married couple, no less)!

Disclaimer- I do not know this to be fact! It does, however, sound highly possible.

Time will tell…

summerdaysands

——————
    And the sandcastle virtues are all swept away, in the tidal destruction, the moral melee.” Jethro Tull

DalekTek790
    Participant

That doesn’t sound right. “Lexx” does not have famous guest stars. The biggest names on the show are Rutger Hauer, Wayne Robson, and Patrick Renna. “Lexx” actors aren’t in anything else big, either. It’s an isolated show.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Here’s the latest- can confirm through SFX.

Charles, Hayridge head for Toronto for US appearance

Red Dwarf stars Hattie Hayridge and Craig Charles are to be reunited in SF once more when they guest star in the forthcoming series of Lexx.

The duo, both regulars on the stand-up comedy circuit, will play husband and wife prison guards in an episode of Lexx’s fourth season, due to shoot in Toronto next week.

A spokesman for Hattie told SFX Network today: “She and Craig will play a married couple, two pervy prison wardens in the episode.

“It’ll be a chance for two stars of Red Dwarf to be reunited again.”

Hayridge played supercomputer Holly in series 3 – 5 of Red Dwarf opposide Charles’ slobbish Lister. The episode of Lexx, currently entering its third season on Channel 5 in the UK, will likely be broadcast sometime next year.

-Iain Hepburn (SFXNetwork)
    ——————————————–

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got, so far.

Btw, I do think that Nigel Bennett is as well-known as ever-dear Listy and Hilly. Forever Knight *was* a decent series, and he’s been in quite a few TV movies, to boot. I think he won a Gemini, but I don’t know for what year… At any rate, Prince is a perfect role for him- he’s priceless.

But this IS the Dwarf Forum, so I’ll stop waxing poetic about Lexx actors…

peace
    summerdaysands

——————
    And the sandcastle virtues are all swept away, in the tidal destruction, the moral melee.” Jethro Tull

[This message has been edited by summerdaysands (edited 01-27-2001).]

crusader
    Participant

And they are not BIG movie stars or something like that!!! They have bein in auther tv-series!!!

…and there was meny gueststars in LEXX series 2-3!!! Not ´super big, just your ordernare stars that use to be in tv-series!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Exactly crusader.

the thing is that Charles and Hayridge are recognisable as big Cult TV Sci Fi stars!

I wish Salter Street would confirm this with the fanbase!

I need a new Red Dwarf moderator!! John, yer not interested are you?!

——————

Anonymous

Confirmation of the SFX article that the very cool summerdaysands kindly posted can be found at:
    Exclusive: Red Dwarf stars to join cast of Lexx

HayridgeRed Dwarf stars Hattie Hayridge and Craig Charles are to be reunited in SF once more when they guest star in the forthcoming series of Lexx.

It’s a cracking piece of news. I really hope it’s true!

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited 01-30-2001).]

Mamabear
    Participant

It’s true as anything. I mean, it makes sense, right? So we made it happen. Craig and Hattie are in the studio as I write, looking fabbo in their hideous ill-fitting prison outfits. The episode in which they appear is entitled “P4X” and will air as number 3 in the series.

We’re just bringing you more of what you love us for, really!

——————
    Unless I said it, it’s a boldfaced lie.

Anonymous

WHo the hell is Patrick Renna?!! Tim Curry and Malcolm McDowell are pretty big stars too you know!! Maury Chaykin (LEXX 2.08) has also been in a few things not to mention the amount of work Ellen Dubin has done (including Earth:Final conflict!)

DalekTek790
    Participant

Patrick Renna has been in a lot of things. He is probably best known for his portrayal of Ronnie Strickland the vampire in the X-Files episode Bad Blood, but he was also in The Sandlot and a bunch of commercials (Surge, 1-800-COLLECT, etc.), plus a lot of other film and T.V. work. He played a teen victim in Lexx 2.10: Wake the Dead.

I suppose Malcolm McDowell is a fairly big name, but Tim Curry is hardly a well-known actor (outside of cult circles), and I’d never even heard of Ellen Dubin before Lexx. Who is Maury Chaykin?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    That doesn’t sound right. “Lexx” does not have famous guest stars. The biggest names on the show are Rutger Hauer, Wayne Robson, and Patrick Renna.

Well, I guess I consider Malcolm McDowell and Barry Bostwick (hell, even Nigel Bennet here in Canada) to be big enough.

Anonymous

The character of Gibble(the character you meant) in the Wake the Dead episode of Lexx was NOT Patrick Renna but Bruce Fillmore, an actor from Nova Scotia, Canada. Patrick Renna has NEVER been on Lexx.

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Patrick Renna has been in a lot of things. He is probably best known for his portrayal of Ronnie Strickland the vampire in the X-Files episode Bad Blood, but he was also in The Sandlot and a bunch of commercials (Surge, 1-800-COLLECT, etc.), plus a lot of other film and T.V. work. He played a teen victim in Lexx 2.10: Wake the Dead.

[This message has been edited by TefNut (edited April 01, 2001).]

Anonymous

Well, Barry Bostwick played Thodin and has had a long running stint as The Mayor on Spin City, so that must count as fairly famous, surely.

It was an excellent piece of casting as it was so unlike The Mayor. As a result, we were all sitting there thinking “He looks really familiar” but we just couldn’t place him. So,
    when we finally worked it out, it made things all that much more entertaining.

Anonymous

Just in case anybody wanted to know – we reported Hattie & Craig’s forthcoming appearance in Lexx months & months ago…in fact as far back as March

‘Better Than Life’ had an exclusive interview with our Hattie who told us all about it.

Just another reason to join The Official Red Dwarf Fan Club

Ruth – TORDFC
    http://www.tordfc.co.uk

Anonymous
    Inactive

quote:

Originally posted by RuthTORDFC:
    Just in case anybody wanted to know – we reported Hattie & Craig’s forthcoming appearance in Lexx months & months ago…in fact as far back as March

Umm.. the first post in this thread was made in January, and I already knew..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.