Little help?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Well i just saw the season 3 premiere and whle i was amazaed at the special affects and the delightful close up on the ship, can anyone elaborate on what the hell it was about. I’m watching it again in the hope of understanding what the plot was about, but while I think iv got a better grasp on whats going on, anyone elses ideas might help clarify what happened. And perhaps the biggest question on my lips is where have Tyr’s boneblades gone? Anyone??!??

Anonymous

damn. I missed it!

Hope to catch a re-run or post from the newsgroups

Tyr’s boney thingies huh?! I always wondered why Nietzsceans had that silly achilles heal

Anonymous

damn. I missed it!

Hope to catch a re-run or post from the newsgroups

Tyr’s boney thingies huh?! I always wondered why Nietzsceans had that silly achilles heal

Anonymous

Tyr’s boney thingies huh?! I always wondered why Nietzsceans had that silly achilles heal [/QB][/QUOTE]

I have finally learned the secret of Season 3. I have finally learned why Tyr no longer has his bone blades, and I have learned why the slipstream looks like a cartoon (has anybody noticed that? Seen episode 2 of the 3rd season yet? The slipstream point looks all flat and 2D. What the hell is that?).

The show is no longer about the Magog worldship; it is no longer about the Magog god with the scary red eyes; it is no longer about the Commonwealth or the cool philosophical twist that leads to ships being named “The Balance of Judgement.”

No.. now the show is about “adventures” and silliness. Now, ships will probably be named stupid things like “The Big Boy”. Why doesn’t Tyr have bone blades anymore? Because he’s no longer Nietzschean – for him to be so would require the cool philosophical twist that has been rejected.

Gene Roddenberry created the show with a purpose, to tell a story and make a point – now, with the main director gone, Kevin Sorbo and the producers have taken it upon themselves to take the show somewhere else.

How dare they.

Disagree with me? Go right ahead. But only do so after reading this. this story.

How dare they.

Anonymous

Tyr’s boney thingies huh?! I always wondered why Nietzsceans had that silly achilles heal [/QB][/QUOTE]

I have finally learned the secret of Season 3. I have finally learned why Tyr no longer has his bone blades, and I have learned why the slipstream looks like a cartoon (has anybody noticed that? Seen episode 2 of the 3rd season yet? The slipstream point looks all flat and 2D. What the hell is that?).

The show is no longer about the Magog worldship; it is no longer about the Magog god with the scary red eyes; it is no longer about the Commonwealth or the cool philosophical twist that leads to ships being named “The Balance of Judgement.”

No.. now the show is about “adventures” and silliness. Now, ships will probably be named stupid things like “The Big Boy”. Why doesn’t Tyr have bone blades anymore? Because he’s no longer Nietzschean – for him to be so would require the cool philosophical twist that has been rejected.

Gene Roddenberry created the show with a purpose, to tell a story and make a point – now, with the main director gone, Kevin Sorbo and the producers have taken it upon themselves to take the show somewhere else.

How dare they.

Disagree with me? Go right ahead. But only do so after reading this. this story.

How dare they.

Anonymous

I’d really REALLY like to dissagree with you. But alas, it sounds like it’s true.

Anonymous

I’d really REALLY like to dissagree with you. But alas, it sounds like it’s true.

Anonymous

Yeah and thats why I stopped watching it.

Typical Roddenbury(sp). They did the same thing to Earth: Final Conflict, only at least they let them have 4 good seasons before ruining the 5th season by turning it into the “Tomb Raider” since that was the flavor of the month at the time.

I kid you not there is something seriously wrong with Majel’s production company, they have no cahones.

Andromeda had a brilliant first year plot. We learn all about the Magog, find out that sooner or later their World Ship, containing no less than their God will be coming to destroy anything in their path.

But wait!! Now I dunno what the hell they’re doing its like hrmm can we be Star Trek too?

Anonymous

Yeah and thats why I stopped watching it.

Typical Roddenbury(sp). They did the same thing to Earth: Final Conflict, only at least they let them have 4 good seasons before ruining the 5th season by turning it into the “Tomb Raider” since that was the flavor of the month at the time.

I kid you not there is something seriously wrong with Majel’s production company, they have no cahones.

Andromeda had a brilliant first year plot. We learn all about the Magog, find out that sooner or later their World Ship, containing no less than their God will be coming to destroy anything in their path.

But wait!! Now I dunno what the hell they’re doing its like hrmm can we be Star Trek too?

ADM
    Participant

Are they taking in turns on each season to be crap?, the first season was laughable, bad writing, no consistency in the plots and simply put a joke.
    The second season seemed like it was finally beginning to find it’s find, there were still some beyond ridiculous eps, but the nast teddy bears with claws God seemed to an adversary that would spice it up a little, even though the magog themselves are about as scary as, ummm….Jim Carrey!?!
    And now the third season, not a bad start so I’m reserving judgment, yet the story didn’t make much sense and was disjointed.
    Tyr and Bekka just walk back in and the response is like ‘oh your back then’, both of them being possessed, but to what end?, to fly the Andromeda into that tunnel to be destroyed…a bit lame.
    But wait maybe at long last with the kicking of this director, Mr Sorbo has finally decided to take matters into his own hands, his experiences with Herc and Sam Raimi should help there, and we should start to see a programme that works.
    It’s obvious that whoever is running the show is trying to rid the show of uneccessary stupidity and crass ideas that have plagued this show, so maybe Tyr’s ‘blades and Rommi’s hairstyle are small signs that Andromeda is tired of being ridiculed and is looking to grow up a little, it won’t suit everyone here but it will mean that less people will take cheap-shots at it.
    I’ve only seen the first ep of season 3, so all of the above could be wrong and it could be another season one!!!
    ADM

ADM
    Participant

Are they taking in turns on each season to be crap?, the first season was laughable, bad writing, no consistency in the plots and simply put a joke.
    The second season seemed like it was finally beginning to find it’s find, there were still some beyond ridiculous eps, but the nast teddy bears with claws God seemed to an adversary that would spice it up a little, even though the magog themselves are about as scary as, ummm….Jim Carrey!?!
    And now the third season, not a bad start so I’m reserving judgment, yet the story didn’t make much sense and was disjointed.
    Tyr and Bekka just walk back in and the response is like ‘oh your back then’, both of them being possessed, but to what end?, to fly the Andromeda into that tunnel to be destroyed…a bit lame.
    But wait maybe at long last with the kicking of this director, Mr Sorbo has finally decided to take matters into his own hands, his experiences with Herc and Sam Raimi should help there, and we should start to see a programme that works.
    It’s obvious that whoever is running the show is trying to rid the show of uneccessary stupidity and crass ideas that have plagued this show, so maybe Tyr’s ‘blades and Rommi’s hairstyle are small signs that Andromeda is tired of being ridiculed and is looking to grow up a little, it won’t suit everyone here but it will mean that less people will take cheap-shots at it.
    I’ve only seen the first ep of season 3, so all of the above could be wrong and it could be another season one!!!
    ADM

Anonymous

Im gonna keep watching andromeda, well the second half of it anyway (my mum HAS to watch eastenders on the sky tv) it might make it better.

However if Dilan EVER utters the line “dont look at me im just an actor” i may kill (or throw things at the tv)

Anonymous

Im gonna keep watching andromeda, well the second half of it anyway (my mum HAS to watch eastenders on the sky tv) it might make it better.

However if Dilan EVER utters the line “dont look at me im just an actor” i may kill (or throw things at the tv)

Anonymous

quote:

Tyr (near tears): “Did I.. hurt you?”
    Dylan: “you never laid a finger on our friendship”

It’s lines like those which made me swear off Andromeda….and E:FC….and Mutant X….

Anonymous

quote:

It’s lines like those which made me swear off Andromeda….and E:FC….and Mutant X….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tyr’s bonespars seemed to dissapear during the first episode of whatever season when he was pulled into this vortex thing and controlled by it for a while (none of the episode made a lot of sense).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tyr’s bonespars seemed to dissapear during the first episode of whatever season when he was pulled into this vortex thing and controlled by it for a while (none of the episode made a lot of sense).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.