Live interviews with paul d, lex g and whoever

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Live interviews with paul d, lex g and whoever

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

ahem, through the extraordinarily kind efforts of mamabear and her cohorts at salter, and with indispensible help from saddy, yours truly, accompanied by thefrey and blackcloud, will be travelling to electropolis in october to interview, take pictures of, and ply with liquor, the incredible beans!…i will be collating your posts from the other threads to try to have something like a plan when i get there (as opposed to just standing there with my finger in my nose) so please feel free to post questions for whoever right here (make it easy for old fx, her brain ain’t what it used to be)…we will be in the studio during filming, and will be operating on a catch as catch can level for whoever cannot outrun us if possible, we will also be relaying updates to our own sadboard nightly (depending upon internet availability and blood alcohol levels)…let me repeat what we already know; the people at salter are awesome and bend over backwards for their fans, so let’s make the most of this opportunity and be gracious in our posts! i look forward to hearing from you guys and i want your help! love fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    ahem, through the extraordinarily kind efforts of mamabear and her cohorts at salter, and with indispensible help from saddy, yours truly, accompanied by thefrey and blackcloud, will be travelling to electropolis in october to interview, take pictures of, and ply with liquor, the incredible beans!…i will be collating your posts from the other threads to try to have something like a plan when i get there (as opposed to just standing there with my finger in my nose) so please feel free to post questions for whoever right here (make it easy for old fx, her brain ain’t what it used to be)…we will be in the studio during filming, and will be operating on a catch as catch can level for whoever cannot outrun us if possible, we will also be relaying updates to our own sadboard nightly (depending upon internet availability and blood alcohol levels)…let me repeat what we already know; the people at salter are awesome and bend over backwards for their fans, so let’s make the most of this opportunity and be gracious in our posts! i look forward to hearing from you guys and i want your help! love fx

Oh you lucky few, I bet this will be the highlight of your last decade, I know you the Frey and Blackcloud will represent the sadboard with pride.
    You should make yourself a Kai brace to capture some of the unwilling, although they all sound like great people, so you may not need to use it.
    Just one question from me to the beans…’Can I have Eva’s underwear once Paul and Lex are done with it!?!’
    Failing that, would u ask the beans about any chance of a spin-off.
    God FX, what will you be like when you everyone’s favourite hunk MM?
    One thing though FX, in light of the poor response poor old Lex got from the chat, could you make sure that the other member’s of cast and crew get an equal amount of time, I know that sound’s kinda rude, but I felt really bad for Lex after the chat and would hate to think that some people were left out because we like have personal preference’s (do you know what I’m trying to say, it’s probably sounding all wrong).
    Anyway it’ll probably turn out that are too busy at the time, but knowing you FX, they won’t get far with you on their tail!!!
    Oooh, I’m so looking forward to this, wish I could be one of the lucky few.
    Squishy

Anonymous

One other thing, do you think they will let you take a vidcam on to the set?, if they did then we could all see your antics while there, and maybe Saddy can make room on the board to post the vids (Divx of course).
    If they don’t, lots of piccy’s instead would be fandabidozi(great), no doubt we will see you FX drooling over MM

Squishy

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishi:
    If they don’t, lots of piccy’s instead would be fandabidozi(great), no doubt we will see you FX drooling over MM

Squishy

oh squish, first things first: i, too, feel that too many people, besides lex, are ignored in the making of our favorite show…as my nickname implies, i love special effects, and i am going to be annoying all those wonderful people who are responsible for actually creating the critters, and protoblood and so forth…also, i happen to like lex (from what i have read of him) and i fully intend to give him my special attentions …my feeling is that while paul makes lexx possible, lex g is a great part of the heart of lexx…kind of like the beatles don’t you know…as for mm, well i am actually a very shy person, and after some of the horror stories blackie shared with me about what fans have perpetrated on this guy, i actually have reservations about even talking to him; i mean, he does what he has to do as an actor, but that is no excuse for people to treat him as some sort of subhuman, and i was quite mortified by some of the stories…anyway, i am not a kai drooler, i am merely a ‘visual appreciation society’ member and let us not forget brian, who in the words of saddy, is a real ‘lad’ and who deserves all our loyalties, as well as the lovely xenia…at any rate, i will be proud to relay your questions…love, fx

Anonymous

Sorry for the drooler tag, didn’t mean it, just a light hearted remark.
    Poor MM, I never heard these horror stories (what sort of thing happened), but I can understand your reservations on talking to him, I’m sure he will find it a refreshing change in not being hounded by lovesick fans.
    I personally have complete confidence in the way that you will go about things while on the set, and it’s great that you will be giving Lex some special attention, and of course Brian, that’s one I can’t wait to hear about, I bet he’ll have laughing your heads off.
    I really am looking forward to this, and it’s so great that you guy’s will be doing this, I keep thinking that of all the people on the newsgroup that miss out on this sorta of thing, this is another reason to be happy that I found this board.
    Squishy

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’ve got a question! (I might think of more later….)

Are there any plans for a Lexx videogame? If not, I am very interested in developing such a game.

(Seriously! I have the experience and technical means to do it. All I need is funding and, in turn, manpower. I know exactly how it technically should be done. It would need at least a year of development. Maybe I could “have their people talk to my people”, etc., etc. It’s either that or continuing my work on a Space:1999 videogame…)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I’ve got a question! (I might think of more later….)

Are there any plans for a Lexx videogame? If not, I am very interested in developing such a game.

(Seriously! I have the experience and technical means to do it. All I need is funding and, in turn, manpower. I know exactly how it technically should be done. It would need at least a year of development. Maybe I could “have their people talk to my people”, etc., etc. It’s either that or continuing my work on a Space:1999 videogame…)

Flamegrape, I love that idea, and if you require any help with visuals then I would love to help, my alter ego is a graphic designer and I would really like to play a part if I can.
    Space 1999 would be cool as well, but a Lexx game would rock, I think you could call on a lot of talent on this board, I bet there would be many who would like a crack at doing the plot for the game.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Flamegrape, one other thing that might be of interest, I think I read somewhere that Saddy was a big player in creating CGI effects and runs his own company.
    Don’t know whether he would be interested in getting involved, if you wanted any help from other’s on the board that is.
    Either way, I hope that the beans gave it serious consideration, and I think that there is a market for this type of videogame, not many games have been produced based on film or television (aside from Star Trek and Star Wars), as an avid gameplayer myself, I am disappointed that is the case.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Poor MM, I never heard these horror stories (what sort of thing happened), but I can understand your reservations on talking to him, I’m sure he will find it a refreshing change in not being hounded by lovesick fans.

Sorry FX, I thought I better send another post, as the last part (above) might have seemed to imply that you were a lovesick fan, sorry for that, I know that you definitely do not fall under that category….again sorry.
    Squishums

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishi:
    Sorry FX, I thought I better send another post, as the last part (above) might have seemed to imply that you were a lovesick fan, sorry for that, I know that you definitely do not fall under that category….again sorry.
    Squishums

don’t worry about it, i am definitely sick at any rate…and blackie’s new job seems to be making her quite neurotic, so i guess frey will be the sanest one there (until they see her kaicaptions at any rate )…
    anyway, so there is interest in lexx paraphernalia? judging from the lost book project, i do not know that salter is pursuing that area, but i will ask, i do recall at some point that some company had been given merchandising rights to lexx, but all i have seen is trading cards and prop auctions on ebay…we are also going to be giving these guys a chance to tell us what else is coooking in their twisted little minds in terms of new projects…and am going to try, no doubt unsuccessfully, to find out what the hell they were thinking when they first started with the movies (insect wars? wife banks? protein banks? using dead people as assassins to name a few)

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    anyway, i am not a kai drooler, i am merely a ‘visual appreciation society’ member

You forgot to tell them that the Kai VAS is accepting new members. It is open to anyone who is more into the ‘Visual’ as upposed to the ‘Hormonal’ thing when it comes to the Dead Guy.

Hehe. So looking forward to this. Can’t wait to meet the Gondala creators.

Anonymous

I was able to spend rather a while at Electropolis earlier this year. Video cameras were a no no at that time. Stills were acceptable to a point. Tho’ it may have been relaxed by now, at that time, you were not supposed to take any pictures when they were shooting a take. Pre take and between take pics were ok. I can’t imagine anyone treating MM like a sub human. What are some of the horror stories? The cast and crew were very gracious while I was there. It was quite a memorable experience. The things the folks behind the scenes accomplish with the strangest things was fascinating. I had given thought to going back, but with America on high alert, I think I will simply bask in the glow of happy memories on the set.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We used to have a Lexxian from Swedish effects/animation company GFX Productions. He even pitched to the Beans to do the effects for them.

trillian
    Participant

*possible spoilers*

Hia!

I would love to hear more about some of the special effects and what is done to achieve them. ‘Specially that lightening they did in a recent episode.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:
    *possible spoilers I would love to hear more about some of the special effects and what is done to achieve them. ‘Specially that lightening they did in a recent episode.

Which ep and what effect are you interested in?

Anonymous
    Inactive

so there is interest in lexx paraphernalia? judging from the lost book project, i do not know that salter is pursuing that area

Mamabear promised more merchandise in a post to the bored ages ago, and there was a Salter news release with stuff on trading cards etc.

I’ll try and dig them up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www2.cdn-news.com/scripts/ccn-release.pl?2001/01/17/0117065n.html?cp=ssf

and

quote:

Hi all,
    Mamabear from Bean Central here. We need your help once again. We know you’re all keen to buy Lexx stuff, and we’re trying the best we can to bring it to you (by the way, stay tuned for more merch announcements), but we beg you to PLEASE not buy pirated videos and DVDs (from Ebay, for example) and PLEASE don’t buy unauthorized stuff (like mugs, for heaven’s sake! Mugs! Would we make such cheesy mugs? I think not! Jugs, maybe. But not mugs.) because every time you do, we lose the ability to make the actual, honest-to-cripes GEMS we know you’re dying for.

For the record, the Kult-TV videos released in the UK are PAL-only, so if you see them in VHS, they are a rip-off! As for DVDs in the US, they will be available soon. And The Supreme Bean himself kindly requests that you not digitize entire episodes of the show and stream them on your site. We know you mean well. We know you love us. But please understand that the more we get pirated, the less likely we will be able to make legit deals for your purchasing pleasure. And the less likely we will be, ultimately, to make loads and scads and bags and hoards of loot, er, to make Lexx 5 with…

So thanks, everyone, for your continued supported of all things Lexx-y, and be assured you will get a chance to buy all the posters, t-shirts, trading cards, calendars, comic books, bicycle pumps, blow-up dolls, beachwear, chewing gum, personal lubricant, hair accessories, geiger counters, 3-hole-punches, tea cosies, decorative patio bricks, CDs, multivitamins, cruet sets, hot water bottles, fly rods, all-weather tires, cat handcuffs, breast implants, non-stick frying pans and particle accelerators that you could ever possibly wish for. xo M.Bear

FX
    Participant

all right, which one of you blabbermouths told mamabear about my personal lubricant scam! and who dropped a dime on the blowup doll franchise! can’t trust you guys for nothing (fx sulks off to call lawyers…and figure up shipping costs to china)

Anonymous

So thanks, everyone, for your continued supported of all things Lexx-y, and be assured you will get a chance to buy all the posters, t-shirts, trading cards, calendars, comic books, bicycle pumps, blow-up dolls, beachwear, chewing gum, personal lubricant, hair accessories, geiger counters, 3-hole-punches, tea cosies, decorative patio bricks, CDs, multivitamins, cruet sets, hot water bottles, fly rods, all-weather tires, cat handcuffs, breast implants, non-stick frying pans and particle accelerators that you could ever possibly wish for. xo M.Bear

Well that’s disapointing, I’ve collected all those things and was hoping that other Lexx merchandise would be on the way.
    For instance when will the full size Gigashadow suit be available?, I was so looking forward to frolicking in the garden with my rubber Gigashadow suit on.
    Not to mention the Lexx patented super flip-flops, and I promised the next door neighbours kids a blow up moth, they are going to be so down hearted this Xmas!!!
    Squishy

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    cat handcuffsthat you could ever possibly wish for. xo M.Bear

Not to mention the Lexx patented super flip-flops, and I promised the next door neighbours kids a blow up moth, they are going to be so down hearted this Xmas!!!
    Squishy

erm, i’m afraid to ask, but what are the cat handcuffs for?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

“Now, how many people have cats? One, two, three, four…okay, ten. Now, let me ask you this: do you trust them? Because I’ve got to get a pair of cat handcuffs, and I’ve got to get them right away. Just the little ones that go around the little front paws. Or maybe the manacles of 4 that get all 4 paws. What a drag…I found out my cat was embezzling from me? You think you know a cat for 10 years, he pulls something like *this*…I found out while I was away, he’d go out to the mailbox, pick up the checks, take them down to the bank and cash them, disguised as me. He had the little kitty arrow-through-the-head, and the little kitty bunny-ears. And I wouldn’t have caught him, but I went outside to his house where he sleeps, and there’s about $3000 worth of cat toys out there! And you can’t return them because they have *spit* all over them! So now *I’m* stuck with $3000 worth of cat toys! Oh, sure, they’re *fun*…You got that little rubber mouse with the bell inside of it? Boy, I hate it when it goes under the sofa!”
    –Steve Martin, “A Wild And Crazy Guy,” Warner Bros. Records.

[ 19-09-2001: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

FX, you never heard of cat handcuffs?, they are very rarely used, but sometimes you have no choice but to handcuff your moggy to the kitchen table.
    It’s dangerous to do so, as you will get scratched in a vicious assault, but when the moggy has them on, it all becomes worthwhile.
    It is the ultimate deterrent to cat problems, cat’s love their freedom, and if they’ve been bad, then you slap those cuffs on and read it it’s rights, the cat never offends again.
    But they are unusual cases where the cat manages to pick the lock with one of it’s claws and escapes, although this is very rare.
    Like Aleck, I had a cat that committed numerous acts of criminal behaviour, vandalism, extortion, racketering and espionage to name but a few, but it always had penchant for burglary.
    There seemed no hope, until I happened upon these handcuffs, unfortunately, my cat was bad to the bone, and went on to commit further crimes…so I ate it!!!
    Squishy

FX
    Participant

actually i was hoping one of you would pick up on my playing straight man…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

My cat should have been named Giggerota cuz he’s a cannibal, He’s insanely jealous – will kill and eat any other critters that approach our cave, especially other cats. The handcuffs would be handy, but better: one of those “hannibal” face masks like Stan was wearing in the rubber room.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:

My cat should have been named Giggerota cuz he’s a cannibal, The handcuffs would be handy, but better: one of those “hannibal” face masks like Stan was wearing in the rubber room.

hmmm, fx is not a cat person herself and therefore believes allcats should be in handcuffs and hannibal masks…however murphy-dog is manifesting some annoying blind chewing traits that may have to be dealt with as soon as i figure out what to do with the 100 cases of kai blow-up dolls

all seriousness aside, just spoke to mamabear who was her usual lovely brisk self, and it appears the interviews oct 4,5 with the beans are a go…the fine people at salter have also suffered setbacks due to the recent events but they are still planning to wrap up season 4 of lexx on october 5th…so think about questions, as this will be the last chance for a while to have all these awesome people in one place…love fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

all seriousness aside, just spoke to mamabear who was her usual lovely brisk self, and it appears the interviews oct 4,5 with the beans are a go…the fine people at salter have also suffered setbacks due to the recent events but they are still planning to wrap up season 4 of lexx on october 5th…so think about questions, as this will be the last chance for a while to have all these awesome people in one place…love fx

I would really like to know where we can expect each of these talented people’s work to pop up next.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.