Londos Prophecy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Spoiler warning, but I’m guessing by now you can’t be spoiled since B5s been done a while!

Hey B5geezer’s, I’m hoping someone remembers this topic back from Season3, during the ep “Point of No Return”. The Prophetess tells Londo there’s still one chance to save his soul but he has to do three things. I remember this ep when I first saw it a year or so ago and just assumed Londo had saved his soul (avoid the fire at the end of your journey) by the end when G’Kar and him die at each others hands. But when I watched it last night, I thought, hrmm maybe he fails? Especially on the 2nd one.

1) Save the Eye that cannot see.

I assume this is the Eye(Jewel) that he saved during the first season in Coming of Shadows. But fill me in on what you think!

2) You must NOT kill the one that is already dead.

I really think this must be Morden. Morden died back on Zhadum along with the rest of the crew when he was either put in a machine, or gave himself to the Shadows willingly. But whadda you guys think? Something does not feel right, because Londo is just as “touched” by the Shadows as Morden, so maybe it meant Cartagia? In which case it was Vir not Londo, so chalk up 2 for Londo!

3) You must surrender yourself to your greatest fear, knowing it will destroy you.

Obviously G’Kar right? Now she does say if you blow all your chances this can save you, but did she mean all 3? Or just this final 1?

Thanks!

Headgehog
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

2) You must NOT kill the one that is already dead.

I really think this must be Morden. Morden died back on Zhadum along with the rest of the crew when he was either put in a machine, or gave himself to the Shadows willingly. But whadda you guys think?

Londo had to kill Morden and the shadows on Centauri Prime to keep the Vorlons from destroying his planet. When the Vorlons were still coming to blow up the planet, he realized that he too had shodow influence, and needed to be killed. He begged Vir to off him. This was certainly a redeeming quality. So killing Morden was something he should have done.

John Sheridan on the other hand is someone who had already died. If you remember your future history ;), Sheriden and Delenn were captured on Centauri Prime shortly before Londo and G’Kar throttled each other. His keeper commaned him to have the two killed. Instead Londo got drunk, thus distracting the keeper long enough to say his goodbyes and tell the couple to get the @#$% out of dodge. To continue the story, this drunkeness also allows G’Kar time to come in an kill him before the keeper would notice.

Londo’s non-killing of Sheriden/Delenn and sacrificing himself for the betterment of the Centauri, (and the Interstellar Alliance) is what saved him. For if he lived on, who knows what havok the Drahk would have let loose in his name.

Although whatever he prevented must’ve been really big for such redemtion. Especially considering all the hundreds of millions of lives he was responsible for ending:[list]
    [*]Earth-Minibari War
    [*]Invasion of Narn (and the battles leading up to it)
    [*]The Shadow War
    [*]The Invasion of Centauri Prime and the subsequent tryanny (inepitude?) of “his” rule

Anonymous

*smacks self on forehead* OF COURSE, it’s Sheridan! Soon as you said it, it seemed so obvious. I was thinking far too short term. I guess “War without End” would’ve been a few eps later too!! Man I totally missed that. I was too hung up on it being a “Fake” Sheridan from the past, but that’s exactly why he can’t be killed, paradox and all that I suppose. Thanks Headgehog!

I really liked this episode, the Seer looks a heck of a lot like Majel Roddenbery too.

nursewhen
    Participant

It’s a bit of a long shot, but I thought ‘the eye that does not see’ might have been G’Kar, though it doesn’t fit too well since he has another which does. But even so, it was essential to the story that G’Kar was saved from Cartagia, in order to depsatch Londo later.

I always thought the dead man was Sheridan and Londo’s greatest fear was to die at G’Kar’s hand too.

Anonymous
    nursewhen wrote:

It’s a bit of a long shot, but I thought ‘the eye that does not see’ might have been G’Kar, though it doesn’t fit too well since he has another which does. But even so, it was essential to the story that G’Kar was saved from Cartagia, in order to depsatch Londo later.

I always thought the dead man was Sheridan and Londo’s greatest fear was to die at G’Kar’s hand too.

I think you’re right Nursewhen.

Why would she give him a “prophecy” for the past? It just seemed like a clever riddle “The Eye that does not see”, so inorganic right? Like a gem called the “Eye”.

But G’Kar makes a lot more sense, as saving his life allowed him to kill Londo later as well as become a Holy Man Leader for his people.

It makes a lot more sense anyway! Thanks guys.

grumbler
    Participant

“The eye that does not see” is G’Kar after Cartagia finishes with him.

“The one who is dead” is Sheridan.

“That which you fear most” is the Watcher that the Drakh put on Londo, when he surrenders to them after the Battle of Centauri Prime.

I think JMS has said pretty much exactly this.

nursewhen
    Participant
    grumbler wrote:

That which you fear most” is the Watcher that the Drakh put on Londo, when he surrenders to them after the Battle of Centauri Prime.

I think JMS has said pretty much exactly this.

Hey, thanks for that ๐Ÿ˜€ It never occurred to me to think of the watcher. I just though that being destroyed was to be killed, but the worst kinds of destruction are the ones you have to live with. Death for Londo at the end was a longed for release.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.