Lonegunman missed eppy’s question

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lonegunman missed eppy’s question

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

hi all, fx here mucking about …because of saddy’s concern about long threads making the board wobbly (as we have all seen in the past ) i clipped this thread at what seemed a good spot and moved it here…

LoneGunMan
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 317
    Member Rated:

posted 19-09-2001 10:13 AM
    ——————————————————————————–

quote:
    Originally posted by :

Welcome Lonegunman, from a fellow Uk’er, I just wanted to let our American friends know that we’ll be in good company with a Geordie on the board, they are the funniest and kindest people in the UK, and thet drink like fish!!!…just don’t mention Sunderland (hehe).
    Anyway Lonegunman, hope you enjoy the board, we never fight on here (unless we arrange something in advance), so it’s quite pleasant to come somewhere, where there is no flaming…but I do miss ol’ Dalektek.
    Squishy

quote:
    Originally posted by FX:

welcome lgm: like squishy says, we may snarl among ourselves, but we have all drawn great comfort from each other in the last week (thank you hypatia for lovely words)…and we have even started cheering ourselves up with our twisted humor and way out commentary

quote:
    Originally posted by Hypatia:

Welcome to the Sadboard Lonegunman.

Cheers for the welcome Squshy.. in fact cheers everyone for making me feel welcome. I’ll introduce you lot to a bit of Geordie humour laster.. just don’t mention Sunderland as Squishy said.. you have been warned

For those of you have no idea what it’s about.. there’s a long-standing rivalry between Newcastle and a nearby city called Sunderland.. and yes, it’s all to do with football so it runs deep in the blood of every Geordie to grief Mackems.. and vise-versa I’m not sure even Squishy has seen what a Newcastle/Sunderland Derby day is like!

As for the DivX episodes.. does no-one know anyone who can reord the eps from TV and make them available on the net?

Cheers again

——————–

‘If I were human.. I believe my response would be..Go To Hell..’ – Spock

Posts: 4 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

thefrey
    Committed SadGeezer
    Member # 182
    Member Rated:

posted 19-09-2001 11:52 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by LoneGunMan:
    As for the DivX episodes.. does no-one know anyone who can reord the eps from TV and make them available on the net? Cheers again

Hummn…. Stange question to ask on a board that is tracked by Salter Street AND the companies that produce the completely legal DVD’s. Don’t you think we should wait until the show is out of production and the DVD are no longer available before we start swapping it around on the net?

——————–

thefrey
    Creator of the Kai Klone Doll and the Kai Kaption Screensavers http://members.home.net/thefrey/%5B/url%5D

Posts: 116 | From: Texas – Unfortunately | Registered: Apr 2001 | IP: Logged

LoneGunMan
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 317
    Member Rated:

posted 19-09-2001 12:53 PM
    Ok.. so it was a daft question to ask. I’ve seen most of Seasons 1 & 2.. I only caught the odd episode of Season 3. Channel 5, which screens the Lexx episodes in this country is not one of the best when it comes to reception on normal terrestrial TV.. most people get a fuzzy picture at best. I have started buying the videos of the first seasons, so thats to prove i’m not wanting to rip anyone off..
    Call it the fact I wanna catch up on several episodes I’ve missed. At the moment Channel 5 cannot give the date as to when they will start screening season 4.. even Farscape has only recently started showing on BBC2.

One things for sure.. it ain’t easy being a SciFi fan in the UK when you wanna see yer favourite shows and you face a major delay between what is shown in the US, and it’s screening date here in the UK.

——————–

‘If I were human.. I believe my response would be..Go To Hell..’ – Spock

Posts: 4 | From: Newcastle, UK | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

Anonymous

Thanks for that FX.. at first i thought i was being accused of being a rip-off merchant.. but look at it from my point of view. It can be very frustrating.

I’ve just found out it will be January before Enterprise comes to these shores on SkyOne.. Channel 5aint helping with their poxy reception, but they broadcast crystal-clear on digital.. I’m even considering getting digital put in for the sole purpose of getting me SciFi fix sooner rather than later!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LoneGunMan:
    Thanks for that FX.. at first i thought i was being accused of being a rip-off merchant.. but look at it from my point of view. It can be very frustrating.

hey lgm, looks like we’re chasing each other ’round the board…let me add that frey didn’t mean to sound harsh, but pirating is a problem, however…you do like in uk, the home of lexxfandom, so i am sure you are going to find likeminded lexxians who will loan you tapes of season 3 to watch and catch up on…and believe me, we here are just as frustrated by programming policies, especially regarding lexx…love fx

Anonymous

I dunno how it goes for the rest of the world but the UK is usually last to get anything.. my only hope is that the official Lexx video releases for season 4 are sooner rather than later.

Season 3 caught my attention more.. a better growing story arc compared to season 2. Prince showed himself to be an excellent villian.. evil but funny.. mantrid was a bit lame in comparison. I’m glad he’s being put to good use in the following season.
    It would be nice to see somekind of return of HDS.. at the moment I don’t know what to make of the introduction of Vlad and what direction it’ll take the rest of the season.

Anonymous

*Note to self* Do not kill threads like this!

Anonymous

Lonegunman, just wanted to echo FX’s feelings on the Divx copies, it’s a bit of a sore point for Lexxians, as the people at salter are a really nice bunch and they keep in close contact with the board, once in a while you’ll see messages from Salter and some cast members like Ellen (Gigerotta) Dubin.
    We don’t want to rip them off, as we feel that Lexx needs funding through us, unfortunately, Lexx doesn’t have the huge backing of some Sci-fi programmes, so we do what we can to make sure that they don’t get ripped off…because we love the people behind the programme.
    I agree with you on the UK channels not giving Lexx a better deal, and us having to wait is a bummer, but the US peeps will give a good run down of what’s happening (that’s of course if you want to know), they are nice like that.
    BTW, Newcastle and Sunderland Derby, I see it on the telly when they show it, it’s certainly passionate.
    Oh and congrats for beating everyone’s arch enemy ManU, I’m a Liverpool fan, and you guy’s always give us a good game!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Hi Squishy.. cheers for clarifying that – muchos appologies if I offended anyone. Sorry.

The Man U game.. ohhh that was a pleasure watching them get beat!! About time too – weren’t they unbeaten?
    Liverpool are heading up to St James’ Park on September 30th.. really looking forward to that game, I got a feeling yer gonna be in for the same as Man U tho..

You a travelling supporter or just catch them on the telly from time to time?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Hi Squishy.. cheers for clarifying that – muchos appologies if I offended anyone. Sorry.

The Man U game.. ohhh that was a pleasure watching them get beat!! About time too – weren’t they unbeaten?
    Liverpool are heading up to St James’ Park on September 30th.. really looking forward to that game, I got a feeling yer gonna be in for the same as Man U tho..

You a travelling supporter or just catch them on the telly from time to time?

Yep, I think that was the first time this season they got beaten, I bet the OT crowd were choking on their prawn sarnies, excellent game, Newcastle did the the rest of the PL proud.
    But how dare that idiot Roy Keane lash out at our previous national hero (before Michael Owen), Shearer is the ultimate professional and all round nice guy, and didn’t deserve that thug taking a swing at him.
    As for Liverpool, well if you can play like that against us, then you’ll win it. Liverpool have been riding their luck recently, and are not quite the finished article, but they will eventually toppple ManU.
    Unfortunately, (like most), I am restricted to armchair viewing, due to the waiting list for season tickets, but I’ve been a red since 1977, and have seen them play at Anfield many times.
    Should be a good game between Newcastle and Liverpool, they always seem to turn into classics.
    But if Michael Owen is starting for us on that day, then I will go out on a limb and say Liverpool will win it, Owen thrives on playing teams like Newcastle, because you play like us, he will know what to do to beat your defence.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I think Owen will always be a threat.. same can be said for Shearer.. tho we might have the edge with the likes of Solano and Robert on the wings putting in inch-perfect crosses.
    Personally I like this game most of all because we have 2 sides of similar style, and 2 sets of passionate fans.. I’tll be one to remember. I always remember the 4-3 thriller a few years back

Anonymous
    Inactive

hmm..

LoneGunMan.. LGM.. Little Green Man…

Anonymous

Let’s Get Messy.. Lost Gone Mad..
    Where’s this going? Random thoughts?

Anyway.. pleased to see another UK’er here.. tell you thruth i’m still getting my head around some of the humour.. if your last post was a joke then the meaning passed me by..

[ 20-09-2001: Message edited by: LoneGunMan ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Random thoughts, and sudden Toy Story flashbacks.

Anonymous

I see where you mget it from now.. but there’s no toy soldiers in Newcastle hun..

Talking of random thoughts.. i’m feeling messy as hell after last night – drink induced comaafter the toon lost again.. *groan*

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.