Lord of the Rings Character

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Lord of the Rings Character

• This topic has 15 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hi Everyone !!! Haven’t been here in a while!!!
    I just wanted to say that I Saw LOTR 2 times and plan to go again!!! I love this Movie!!!

And I was wondering (I have asked many people I know) Does anyone else think that Orlando Bloom (Legolas) the blonde Elf.. is Hot??? Everyone (MOSTLY Woman) have said he is him, or Aragorn… any comments?? I have been searching the Web for anything I can on these two people as well as LOTR info… anyone have any suggestions on where to go or have any fav characters???
    I just Love that movie!!!

Thinking that all the characters have a degree of cuteness has nothing to do with it seriously….

Flamegrape
    Participant

I saw Viggo Mortensen in Sandra Bullock’s movie, 28 days:

I like him much better as Aragorn!

Anonymous

If that’s him, then he looks more Ferengi than I care to imagine!

Anonymous

I’ve already said this, but Legolas is my favourite character. Although I don’t find him hot; I think he’s cool! I was going to try and make little elf ears for myself, but I don’t have the ringht kind of clay. Plus my hair is too poofy and it would hide them.
    I had decided he was going to my favourite even before I saw the film, and my decision was quite justified. He’s so cute!
    Did you hear that Orlando had fallen off a horse and bruise a few ribs? He’s been avoiding horses since then.

Princess of Fire

Anonymous

I also liked Aragorn and Legolas, but Aragorn was better. And Flamegrape, you’re right, Viggo Mortenson was better as Aragorn. A lot better!

Anonymous

Okay , Legola is okay, Aragorn…..ick, but the REAL REAL Cutie amongst the LOTR cast is …….. Pippin!!!
    He’s ADORABLE!!! And, he’s not really short in real life

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Nirvanah Rimmer:
    Okay , Legola is okay, Aragorn…..ick, but the REAL REAL Cutie amongst the LOTR cast is …….. Pippin!!!
    He’s ADORABLE!!! And, he’s not really short in real life

HE ISN’T?!?!?!?

Anonymous

Nope, flamegrape, the actors who play the hobbits are regular sized actors, they made them look short using trick photography, cgi (for sure) and special larger sets that looked like the other sets for hobbit scenes. Sean Astin (Samwise) is actually 5’10, I believe, don’t quote me Dalek!! LOL

Oh, and for the record the first film I ever saw Viggo in was as a member of the “family” in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3
    lol I love that

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: Nirvanah Rimmer ]

Anonymous

John Rys Davies is the tallest of the cast, and yet he playes one of the shortest characters: a Dwarf!

Princess of Fire

Anonymous

It’s pretty bloody amazing how they did it actually!! I saw an interview with a couple of the Hobbit characters and was amazed how much taller they were.

I must admit, LOTR is a massively impressive film for that and lots of other reasons. Visually, I think that the film can’t be beaten!

crusader
    Participant

I have heard that a Dwarf character is missing in the movie but was in the books!

From what I have heard the filmed with that character but cut him out since it became to long! I have also heard that in the DVD verion that Dwarf characters scens will be in it and that the movie will be 1 hour (Or so) longer!

Doe any of you know if theres any truth in this?

Anonymous

I also liked Aragorn and Legolas, but Aragorn was better. And Flamegrape, you’re right, Viggo Mortenson was better as Aragorn. A lot better!

Actually, I’ve been forced to change my mind. Lishie has had a crush on Aragorn for as long as I’ve been alive.
    But she’s sharing Boromir!

Anonymous

She WILL kill you now yes she has for 15 years but Ilike Boormiar’s brother Faramair.

Anonymous

Heh its funny but as soon as I saw this guys face I knew I had seen something he was in a looooong time ago, like way back in high school. Young Guns2 he was the one of the cowboys with the sheriff guy going to kill billy the kid!

Flamegrape
    Participant

Viggo Mortensen
    as Master Chief
    John Urgayle
    in the movie
    G.I. Jane

Everyone forgets that G.I. Jane was directed by Ridley “Gladiator” Scott. It was a really good movie, just like all his others. It’s just that people (men) get p!ssed off at the idea that Demi Moore (women) can fight in the military. I, on the other hand, agree with Leto II’s opinion of the Fish Speakers in the book God Emperor Of Dune.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    [QB I, on the other hand, agree with Leto II’s opinion of the Fish Speakers in the book God Emperor Of Dune. [/QB]

*cant resist the urge to be a dork*
    Yeah but they were abominations with some pretty sick rituals. And of course they eventually evolved into the Honored Matres, dont get me started on them!

The point you reminded me of however was how Heinlein in several books like Starship Troopers claimed women always made better pilots then men with their better perception, dexterity, etc… As it turns out in recent years research has proved him right. Women make tremendous pilots generally over men. Kinda interesting how some Sci-Fi hits the nail on the head.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.