LotR Return of the King cancelled

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub LotR Return of the King cancelled

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

(A.P. Newswire)
    Plans to release the third and final Lord of the Rings movie has been cancelled. According to director Peter Jackson, the companies who were funding the project decided that it was too expensive and that box office figures were too low. This move came in the wake of the cancellation of several science-fiction and fantasy shows on the SciFi Channel. An anonymous source related that this follows a current “fans be damned” policy which favors corporate profits over fandom support.

Yeah, sure it’s a fake article. But don’t you expect something like this will happen?

Anonymous

Absolutely NOT! There will be Acadamy Awards nominations for cinematography in The Two Towers…we can only guess how great The Return of the King will be! Can’t wait! (No, I didn’t miss your point.It always has been about making the almighty buck-producing profitable sci-fi has always been risky business.I will try and locate a good article that appeared in AdAge magazine that directly addresses Sci-fi programs and underwriters, sponsors, etc.)T_T

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

fluffy bunny
    Participant

won’t happen- It’s already been filmed so it’ll be released (even if it’s crap- you know movie studios are always out to make money- it’ll be released)

Read ur stuff in the farscape board grape, but isn’t what ur suggesting a tad pessimistic?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by fluffy bunny:
    won’t happen- It’s already been filmed so it’ll be released (even if it’s crap- you know movie studios are always out to make money- it’ll be released)

Read ur stuff in the farscape board grape, but isn’t what ur suggesting a tad pessimistic?

Of COURSE it will be released! The first one was a critical and box office success, and by all accounts, the second one is an even better, more action-packed movie. Besides, like bunny said, they’ve already made the movie for millions of dollars. They’re not going to just shelve it.

Rag
    Participant

And if they did I would make it my personal mission to find the names of each of the people resposible for that decision, go round to their homes and express in a polite, but firm manner how disappointed I was with their choice. That’d show em.

Anonymous

Man, third movie will be the best!!!

I cant wait to see all the battle scenes….

*sigh*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.