Lt. General Romeo Dallaire

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lt. General Romeo Dallaire

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know that nobody asked, but here I go:

Lt. General Romeo Dallaire was present during the genocide of Tutsi and Hutu minorites during April-July of 1994. 800,000 or more Rwandans were slaughtered by machetes and guns. Dallaire was the UNAMIR commander (United Nations Mission in Rwanda). In January 1994, he sent a fax to New York telling UN that Hutu militia were stockpiling weapons and readying themslves for a massacre/genocide and conluded the fax with “Let’s Go”. His fax was ignored, as were many other warning signs and well, the rest is bloody history. I met the Lt. General on March 23 when he stopped by in Kingston ON to give a speech on conflict resolution in the New World Order. I am a Canadian and so is he. He hails from Quebec. We both feel that the U.S., the UN, Canada, France and Belgium will have to answer for doing **** all to prevent the genocide of almost one million Rwandans.
    Dallaire’s book comes out in October 2002.

mandara k
    Participant

Sweetie,

Governments will not do **** unless A.) it involves their interests (financial) B.) public opinion tells them to. It’s hard to think of this in the 21st century but division and bias still reign supreme here. If we accept one type, we accept it all. Or,
    is there an option? Yes, hell yes, there is. I support the UN and NGO’s; I do what I can to fight it in my own backyard. People are people are people; end of story. I listen to all types of people because you never know what pearl of wisdom will come from the most unlikely sources.

Yeah, I know what you are saying; and yeah, it hurts me to think that we in the land of so much can’t help those that have so little and who are innocent; but we can’t save the world all by ourselves; we do what we can when we can. That’s all we can.

take care.
    Mandara K

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.