"Mad to be saved", Mad to be watched?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda "Mad to be saved", Mad to be watched?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Well as you might guess i just finished watching “mad to be saved”, season 3 episode 3 and is it even worth the breath complaining about. From start to finish it was just about a waste of air time, remineiscent of season one’s “To loose the faithful lightning” where I wanted to take every one of those kids, jam a force lance in their prebuscent mouths and fire wildly.Only this time we had the non-sensical ravings of a bunch of space retards. From the very moment they were brought on the ship the plot was near predictably formulaeic. Though I did find Tyr’s new sense of humour particularly refreshing some scenes had me yawning and rolling my eyes in disgust. And several questions that i want answered…..
    Why were these people allowed to roam freely about the ship?
    Why did i just know Dylan was gonna bone that angelique character at some point?
    Where have all of Rommie’s droids gone?
    Since when did the Commonwealth got themselves a nice little fleet of slipfighters??!
    Why is the flagship of this commonwealth still undercrewed, as well as meant to roam space freely?
    What happened to the war with the Drago-Kazof(sp?)?
    Where the hell did Tyr’s boneblades go, is he even Nietzschean still?
    What happened to the ascendants hull, at one point it was beautifully engraved now during close ups it looks all but smooth?
    Why is they wait til season three to show aspects of the ship like the hangar bays and slipstream runners?
    What happened to the magog world ship threat?
    What happened to the dignitaries and Nietzschean fleet during the season opener??!
    Trust me pople the list goes on like this, I intend to keep watching the show, but I will also continue to dream about being alone in a room with kevin Sorbo while he sits handcuffed to a chair while i hope to beat some answers out of him why he thought he was doing the show good!!!

ADM
    Participant

Couldn’t agree with you more, it was abysmal and extremely irritating, even Mutant X (which followed) was a better ep and that’s saying something because it was crap!!!
    The mad people just got on my nerves, mainly because it was a comical unconvincing madness, they didn’t make it dramatical at all.
    These people weren’t sinister as you would expect somebody off their trolley to be, and it just gave the impression that that could all do with a good smack to shut them up…but oh no, the Andromeda crew just sat around watching them, pondering what to do while they torture first Harper and then Tyr.
    What was ridiculous was that Dylan didn’t send Rommie in too sort them out, bloody hell she’s stronger than Tyr and Dylan combined and nobody thought to let her get stuck into them.
    All in all it was poor, and set the series back again in terms of ridiculous plotlines.
    I get the feeling that Sorbo thinks he can get away with the same hi-jinks as Herc…wrong, Herc was tailormade for silly stories and it worked, but it don’t wash with Andromeda.
    Most series can get away with a little hiccup in a season, but the difference with Andromeda is that it does it in spectacular style.
    So now in the UK we have two programmes on a Monday night that prove how Sci-fi can be badly done…Andromeda and Mutant X, to be fair Andromeda still has a way to go before it plumbs the depths that Mutant X has reached, but more eps like this and Mutant X will have a bedfellow in the league of ultimate crap.
    I’m gonna start rating Andromeda eps and I give this one a paltry 3 out of 10.
    ADM

ADM
    Participant

Couldn’t agree with you more, it was abysmal and extremely irritating, even Mutant X (which followed) was a better ep and that’s saying something because it was crap!!!
    The mad people just got on my nerves, mainly because it was a comical unconvincing madness, they didn’t make it dramatical at all.
    These people weren’t sinister as you would expect somebody off their trolley to be, and it just gave the impression that that could all do with a good smack to shut them up…but oh no, the Andromeda crew just sat around watching them, pondering what to do while they torture first Harper and then Tyr.
    What was ridiculous was that Dylan didn’t send Rommie in too sort them out, bloody hell she’s stronger than Tyr and Dylan combined and nobody thought to let her get stuck into them.
    All in all it was poor, and set the series back again in terms of ridiculous plotlines.
    I get the feeling that Sorbo thinks he can get away with the same hi-jinks as Herc…wrong, Herc was tailormade for silly stories and it worked, but it don’t wash with Andromeda.
    Most series can get away with a little hiccup in a season, but the difference with Andromeda is that it does it in spectacular style.
    So now in the UK we have two programmes on a Monday night that prove how Sci-fi can be badly done…Andromeda and Mutant X, to be fair Andromeda still has a way to go before it plumbs the depths that Mutant X has reached, but more eps like this and Mutant X will have a bedfellow in the league of ultimate crap.
    I’m gonna start rating Andromeda eps and I give this one a paltry 3 out of 10.
    ADM

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably a lot of the ‘What happend..’s can be explained by them firing that writer a while back….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably a lot of the ‘What happend..’s can be explained by them firing that writer a while back….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.