Made-for-TV early-80’s movie, I think from TBS.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Made-for-TV early-80’s movie, I think from TBS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Horrido
    Participant

Curious about two old sci-fi TV movies made in, I believe, the early 1980’s. They used the same ship, and even some of the same space scenes, but two completely different plots. The main ship resembled a giant red-brown slug with a hammerhead mounted on the top forward fuselage where the guns were.

The bits for the two movies that I can remember went as follows:

Movie 1: Ship and geeky, greasy-haired pilot recruit a variety of three or four alien races to take-down dark one-armed space overlord. I just remember the three white aliens in the flying saucer(one gets captured and his arm sawed-off to be used by one-armed space-overlord) and some skanky space princess heavily into jewelry, in fact her little fighter was crystaline, and she eventually gets shot up, ejects, and kamikazes her escape pod to avoid being captured. Basically, everyone but the hero gets taken down.

Movie 2: Same brown slug ship, except this time it’s four or five rebels/prison escapees/ne’er-do-wells in the ship, and their attempts at trying to escape whatever repressive regime after them. One of the group was a pale-blue alien that could sense living creatures, which sucked because they get ambushed by robots spurring a paraphrased quote,”Androids…I can’t sense androids,” or some such thing. Again, the group has really bad luck, I think only two, or so, survive.

These were USA network- or TBS-type TV-movies.

Any ideas as to titles?

nursewhen
    Participant

Can’t remember the one arm, but the rest sounds a bit like ‘Battle beyond the stars’ for number 1.
    On the same lines as Seven Samurai. Included John Boy from the Waltons (I’m hopeless with names) and Robert Vaughn and a sort of mad Valkyrie in a tiny little ship.

Horrido
    Participant

SCORE! That’s it! Thank you! That’ll give me what I need to find the other, as well.

nursewhen
    Participant

Glad to be of service ๐Ÿ˜€

Did you find out what number 2 is?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.