Magic Baby *Spoilers*

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Magic Baby *Spoilers*

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Wow! What an episode! It certainly was great, and ended at such a good part (and got to wait THREE MONTHS for the next episode….!!!). I’m still slightly surprised Xev died again (although considering the entire crew has at one time or another died, it’s not too shocking), and it’s obvious Stan and Kai will find a way to get her back, but the amusement of seeing things go differently (Stan trying to bring Xev back to life instead of Xev trying to revive Kai), and how Stan is the “hero” of the episode made it great. I thought the druid guy would be a recognizable character… that doctor at the start reminded me a bit too much of Doctor Rainbow of “Tunnels” (perhaps it was him). The only downside is Vlad is completely gone… I was wondering how the crew would get rid of her (although that certainly wasn’t the way I expected!). I’m curious to know what everyone else thought of the episode.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    got to wait THREE MONTHS for the next episode.

yup, sad long wait for everyone…i was a little disappointed; moved kind of slow and the battle scene was anticlimactic given how good vlad ‘s battle of the dead was…but it was fun to see kai yoyo around the deck…

Anonymous

sucks that they got rid of vlad like that. i guess that kinda throws all of the vlad=time prophet thing out the window. i guess xev will be brought back to life at that druid thing kai was so intrested in.

Anonymous

Well, heres the flesh and bones, and if I can’t sleep I’ll add more later.

Stan is saved. Xev is killed by Vlad.Kai and Stan freeze Xev. Kai and Stan fight Vlad. Stan kills Vlad who turns into dust and we end with Stan trying to bring Xev back to life. Magic Baby refers to some awfull song the rocker/Druid sings to Xev. No word on baby cluster lizards.

And true to my word, I cant sleep so here I am adding more.

We open with Stan’s lobotomy and castration about to get underway, his ‘surgeon’ being the friendly Dr.Rainbow (pretty sure).

Dr.R explains that “You see I used to be a sick man. A very sick man, a patient here, but about 6 years ago they misplaced my paperwork with that of one of the doctors. And you know what?” “Noone ever notices?” guesses Stan, “Noone ever notices. So which will it be first, the castration or the lobotomy?” (Great bedside manner!). Stan starts screaming “Oh this is a mental hospital, make all the noise you like. I do, laaa laalala….” sings the good doctor and lowers his scalpel-.

Kai walks into the room and stops him. As Xev unties Stan, Dr.R lunges with the scalpel and Kai kills him. Alarms go off and security gaurds rush in. Kai quickly kills them and Stan, trying to get dressed, Xev, hurrying Stan along, and Kai, nonchalant as usual, leave.

The 3 walk away just as police cars zoom up, Stan explaining how Lykyya got the key and the moth “Well we were doing it, well not really doing it but almost and the key went out of me and into her and then she and that stupid boyfriend of hers stole the moth and there probably up there stealing the Lexx right now so we gotta stop them”

But they haven’t got a way back. As they discuss, a VW Bug pulls up “The Dark Man! The Red Fool and the Dead One!. My journey is completed” He offers a ride and they accept.

The guy introduces himself and some other guy in a hood who carries a big stick ; but does nothing but chant ‘um um uwm’. The driver promises to take them to the moon, the sceptical Stan points out that they don’t seem to be getting any closer, the driver (who is a reincarnated Druid yadda yadda) says that that’s the “Exact thing the Red Fool would say” and Xev points out that “Stan this is a car, it dosen’t fly.”

They get to Cape Canaveral and the space shuttle (apparently NASA has more than 1
    ).

Kai fires his brace, they all grab on and end up in the shuttle. With a little help from 790 (“With macine pure love I will immediatly launch your deadness straight in my direction”) they head back to the Lexx.

On the way, the Druid explains what he wants in return for getting them back to the Lexx. “According to the anchient Druidic code, when Mars and Venus disappear from the sky, the Dark Man-that’d be you Kai- the Red Fool-bleedin obvious here ain’t it?- and the Dead one will walk the Earth” “I am not a fool, Xev is not dead, Kai is” Stan snaps, “The Dead One is a beutifull woman, clutched in the icy hands of death” he answers. “What do you mean ‘clutched in the icy hands of death’?” Xev asks.

The Druid dosen’t know, but wants him to accompany him to the feast of Mograth in Glastonbery forest. “Oooh, a feast in a forest. Sounds exciting” says Stan. “Oh, it’s a real ripper” explains the Druid. Apparently, at the feast of Mograth, “the dead are raised to rejoin the living, and we have a big nosh up with our sisters” Kai looks at him, and Stan decides to consider going to the feast.

They land the space shuttle onboard the Lexx (really interesting landing pad, the Lexx ‘grabs’ the shuttle with some sort of pad ). The Druid says that the Lexx has none ot the holly’s magic (or was it valley’s? whatever) and explains that the staff he carries around is magical, but the only person interested is Xev, and she really dosen’t care about the stick per se.

Xev (now flirting intensly and uttering the wierdest chat up lines in the two universes) asks “How long have you been a Druid?” “In this life, oh about 130 moons.” The Druid explains that he used to be a rock star; “You might have heard of my song, ‘It’s magic magic baby'” “No” replys Stan “We didn’t get that word on the cluster”

They get to the bridge as the Druid explains that during an acid trip (“Acid, oh I bet that stung” Stan sympathizes) his past lives were opened to him, so after he got out of rehab he sold his drum kit and has been deciphering the anchient Runes ever since.

790 greets Kai and with a little prompting tells him that Lykyya and Huff were on the bridge, did blow up Mars and Venus, and wandered off.”But I did not think about them, I concentrated soley on my delicious dead man. Now c’mon, lick me”. Without the key Stan can’t ask Lexx to find them. “Why did I let Lykyya get the key?” Stan wails. “Because you’re a man, and you just couldn’t resist her bringing you to the point of,ecstasy” Xev explains (and thank you Xev, that was pretty hard to figure out
    :rolleyes .
    So they start searching. Kai mentions that they might not be alive, and Stan immediatly thinks of Vlad. It’s off to the cryochamber, but Vlad is sleeping peacefully.

The Druid asks who Vlad is, and Kai explains;
    “Vlad is a decarbonised dead assasain from a small planatoid called the Cluster, bred to hunt and destroy other assasains, assasains like me”. “Yeah, thats pretty much what I figured” answers the Druid.

Stan asks Kai to look for Lykyya and Huff and he and Xev and the Druid and the annoying priest go get somthing to eat. Xev strokes the food tube, and a rather impressed Druid says “You are magic magic baby.” Then, just trying to make conversation, asks “So what exactly does a loveslave do?” “A loveslave does everything that pleases a man” “Well I must say thats a rather even trade, as I’m feeling quite pleased the magic sprites of Glastonbery made me a bloke in this life”. Clasping his hands together in prayer, he says “Thank you magic sprites”. “Well I wouldn’t be thanking them if I were you, Xev dosen’t spend alot of her time pleasing men” Stan says “Not because I didn’t want to” she replys. “Oh c’mon Xev, I’ve given you plenty of oppertunitys to throw a little pleasure my way and I don’t exactly see you wearing your fingers out undoing my uniform” Xev ignores him, and explains to the Druid “You see, loveslaves have special skills, but they also have special needs” “Oh thats not right” he sympathizes. “No, it isn’t” And, with the fakiest yawn in the history of mankind, says “I’m tired. I think I’ll go rest in my room. It’s right down a long hall if you feel like exploring” and heads off. “I feel like a little kip myself” says the Druid. “A what? A kip? Well good luck getting any kip outa her pal!” Stan yells after him. “These Druids, they’re crazy!” he exclaims to Kai. “No offense pal” Stan adds, to the priest who accepts the apology with an “Owwm, owwm, owwm”

[ 30-09-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by hans moleman:
    sucks that they got rid of vlad like that. i guess that kinda throws all of the vlad=time prophet thing out the window. i guess xev will be brought back to life at that druid thing kai was so intrested in.

Oh, hot damn!!!, I was really liking the TP/Vlad link, damn those beans for ruining a perfectly good idea, but then as this maybe a cycle of time, then Vlad should exist again in the future.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Anybody else catch the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup commercial at one of the commercial breaks (it may not have been in all time zones)? It had an alien inside a long, bug-like looking spaceship blowing up a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup shaped planet and then devouring the chocolately, peanut buttery, planet pieces. I nearly died laughing. Looks like Lexx is popular enough to rate its own commercial spoof.

Flamegrape
    Participant

[In my best imitation of Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction:]
    “Xev’s dead, baby. Xev’s dead.”

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo-hoo! *sob* My favorite redhead lizard lady has passed on! Whatever shall I do?!?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“The Dark Man! The Red Fool and the Dead One!. My journey is completed”

I love it – eminently quotable

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

yup, sad long wait for everyone…i was a little disappointed; moved kind of slow and the battle scene was anticlimactic given how good vlad ‘s battle of the dead was…but it was fun to see kai yoyo around the deck…

Yes,that was funny.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:
    The Druid says that the Lexx has none ot the holly’s magic (or was it valley’s? whatever) and explains that the staff he carries around is magical, but the only person interested is Xev, and she really dosen’t care about the stick per se.

That would be holly, holly….wood. (sorry)

I didn’t find the ep slow, and I really enjoyed all the rock star gabble: from skiffle to deciphering Druid runes after rehab. Ah, the good old days!
    And I couldn’t wait for the rendition of Magic Magic Baby–did you notice it was
    Brigadoom music?

Vlad was a great villain… or maybe Kai just makes such an irresistible victim?

elmey

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:

Vlad was a great villain… or maybe Kai just makes such an irresistible victim?

elmey

hey elmey, after years of my (now ex-) husband saying ‘the sixties are over, try some husker du’ or whatever, it is nice to hear someone else voice nostalgia for the good old days but i was still a tad disappointed…
    now on to psychopathology;i asked blackie the same question today as we were trying to sort out hotels in hali on the phone, what is it about seeing kai helpless and submissive that is so fun? i am beginning to seriously question my sanity…i mean, i like kai, i rely on him to pull everyone’s chestnuts out of the fire all of the time, so why am i liking him getting his butt kicked? is it because he looks so cute lying on the floor dazed?ackkk what’s wrong with us!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

now on to psychopathology;i asked blackie the same question today as we were trying to sort out hotels in hali on the phone, what is it about seeing kai helpless and submissive that is so fun? i am beginning to seriously question my sanity…i mean, i like kai, i rely on him to pull everyone’s chestnuts out of the fire all of the time, so why am i liking him getting his butt kicked? is it because he looks so cute lying on the floor dazed?ackkk what’s wrong with us!

Maybe it’s seeing him with his hair mussed up? Maybe it’s hearing him say “I am defeated” in that husky voice? The Kai/Vlad battles have been sexier than any of the sex they’ve shown….oh my god, you may be right, this is not normal!!
    (Of course, this board doesn’t exactly strike me as a haven for normal people)
    elmey

Anonymous

I think it will be really neat to see if they do wake up xev at the feast. This season just gets better and better. I just hope that more dvd’s come out in the next couple months so I can get my lexx fix.

Anonymous

Originally posted by FX:
    [QB]

hey elmey, after years of my (now ex-) husband saying ‘the sixties are over, try some husker du’ or whatever, it is nice to hear someone else voice nostalgia for the good old days but i was still a tad disappointed…

FX, I think it’s because we get so frustrated with Kai’s lack of emotion, sometimes, his lack of movement and never knowing what the hell he is thinking…

Now when Vlad is kicking his well-shaped ass, we finally get some movement, even if it is sliding off the wall, facial grimaces and we know he must be thinking, Oh, S___!!!
    And in our twisted, gutter-slop soaked mind, we get some sort of satifaction out of it….

It’s like nothing bothers him, death, sex, love but getting a new a__h__e torn, he can’t just look down and walk away from that!!

NB1 can’t believe the depths she has sunk to!! She also can’t believe how much company she has down here…

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :

Originally posted by FX:
    [QB]
    NB1 can’t believe the depths she has sunk to!! She also can’t believe how much company she has down here…

all right all right, don’t rub it in…i’m starting to feel like a scene from blue velvet ‘he put his disease in me’ …i was at dinner tonight and someone wanted to know about lexx, and who my favorite character was…and i found myself saying ‘a 2000 year old dead assassin’…and then as i saw the looks, i thought , ‘my god, did i just say that!’…well hell, if you guys are going to move into the gutter,i guess i better go clean out some of the body parts and schmutz (fx trudges off with a broom wondering how she got to this point )

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

all right all right, don’t rub it in…i’m starting to feel like a scene from blue velvet ‘he put his disease in me’ …i was at dinner tonight and someone wanted to know about lexx, and who my favorite character was…and i found myself saying ‘a 2000 year old dead assassin’…and then as i saw the looks, i thought , ‘my god, did i just say that!’…well hell, if you guys are going to move into the gutter,i guess i better go clean out some of the body parts and schmutz (fx trudges off with a broom wondering how she got to this point )

HeHe, the things that slip out at dinner party’s (no, that’s not what I meant, hold on, we’re in the gutter…so yes it was what I meant!!!), I can only imagine the looks you got, like the woman sitting next to her husband whispering ‘You told me they were normal’, and the husband whispers back ‘Well I’m not saying anything she maybe mad, but she’s taller than me’!!!
    Just as well you said 2000 years, imagine their horror if you told them Kai’s real age…6000 years old.
    Squishy has his own private gutter, and is off to slither down it!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

The “gods” the Druids believed in were Grey aliens! An outer space civilization built the stone circles of the British Isles with antigravity and organized the Druid sect. They are the mystic sprites of Glastonbury. Glastonbury Tor is in fact an ancient flying saucer covered with earth. The Ancient Astronaut Society has this all figured out.

——————

The descendants of Northern Peoples are groping in universal darkness. Their mother mourns. A dark occasion forebodes a time when weakness in high places will revive a high cost of living and an interval of mistakes in high places, an interval fit for distressing.

Anonymous

Did anyone else notice the following about
    Magic Baby?…
    1. Xev doesn’t acknowledge having eaten the live Kai..nor does the dead Kai bring the
    subject up…and she acts as if NOTHING HAS
    HAPPENED…The cluster lizard mating thing
    now becomes….a dream?…
    2. Vlad freezes herself (?) until Kai and
    Xev return, how’d she know when they’d get
    there..?
    3. The Key went to the moth breeders, but
    they are made like Kai…NOT LIVING BEINGS..
    so how’d one manage to walk around the
    ship with a glowing hand?…
    4. The chanting monk was actually lip-synching to the chant…his lips didn’t
    keep time with the obviously over-dubbed
    voice…otherwise Kai would have killed him
    much earlier due to annoyance…AND looked
    suspiciously like Jeffrey under that hood..
    5. Kai was spun around like a toy with the
    ‘lasso’ that Vlad used, and was obviously in
    distress, but yet, when Xev blew up Fire with
    the Lexx…it didn’t even muss his hair….?
    6. Why didn’t Kai just ‘bite off’ the..um..
    appendage that VLad was going to use on him?.. (And don’t ask me why I thought of that..)
    7. 790 has been murderous for the past 5
    episodes, yet, offers no help to Vlad to kill
    Xev and Stan…
    Just my feverish mind working overtime, due
    to lack of sleep and a crappy month…

sgtdraino
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    Did anyone else notice the following about
    Magic Baby?…
    1. Xev doesn’t acknowledge having eaten the live Kai..nor does the dead Kai bring the
    subject up…and she acts as if NOTHING HAS
    HAPPENED…The cluster lizard mating thing
    now becomes….a dream?…

Actually I didn’t notice, but you’re right. Xev seemed highly traumatized at the end of Fluff Daddy, yet now she seems not bothered in the least. On a side-note, when she initially went off in Fluff Daddy, I had assumed it was the parablood she’d been injected with, having an unforeseen effect. The mating plotline took me by surprise, and didn’t fully make sense to me. As long as she’s been on the Lexx, she’s never experienced this before?

2. Vlad freezes herself (?) until Kai and
    Xev return, how’d she know when they’d get
    there..?

I had initially thought she did this to conserve protoblood until Kai returned to the Lexx. But why not just take a moth and go hunting for him? As for the other thing, it seems like the chryopods can be programmed to wake up their occupants under a wide variety of circumstances. I guess she programmed it to trigger on detecting people moving aboard the Lexx. Alternatively, we’ve seen Kai apparently wake himself up from chryostasis simply using his own will power (4.0 “Kai, you’ve revived yourself from chryostasis!”). Who knows how?

3. The Key went to the moth breeders, but
    they are made like Kai…NOT LIVING BEINGS..
    so how’d one manage to walk around the
    ship with a glowing hand?…

I wondered about that as well. It is hard to consider them “alive.” On the other hand, they must operate somewhat differently than Kai. They obviously don’t run on protoblood, yet have a shelf-life of thousands of years. I actually expected the key to go into 790’s cube of “living brain,” but it went right past him.

4. The chanting monk was actually lip-synching to the chant…his lips didn’t
    keep time with the obviously over-dubbed
    voice…otherwise Kai would have killed him
    much earlier due to annoyance…AND looked
    suspiciously like Jeffrey under that hood..?

He was pretty annoying. Although it was interesting how his chanting sped up, when he tried to attack Vlad. I expected him to be someone surprising, since it seemed like they were trying to hide his face from us, but I don’t think it was Jeffrey. I’m guessing in the credits he is “The Cloak,” played by Stephen Coats (sounds familiar but, ???).

5. Kai was spun around like a toy with the
    ‘lasso’ that Vlad used, and was obviously in
    distress, but yet, when Xev blew up Fire with
    the Lexx…it didn’t even muss his hair….?

Another good question. That fall from orbit in 3.01 seemed to damage him more than anything else to date. But blow up the planet with him on it? No problem. This interchange from 2.02 might clarify things a bit:

Dr. Veezra: We can blow up MedSat with him on it when we leave.
    Dr. Funz: That won’t stop you will it?
    Kai: No.
    Dr. Funz: It seems clear that you will be able to rematerialize unless we break you down into subatomic particles.

In 3.06, Kai explains some of his workings:
    Kai: I contain many microscopic bio-mechanical systems. They collectively associate in my body to perform many duplicate functions. My primary microsystems have a specific polarity. They were apparently damaged when I first crashed into the planet Water. I am out of alignment.

By this, I would hypothesize that as long as some of Kai’s microscopic primary systems are aligned properly, he can reconstitute himself even from microscopic particles. But a direct enough “wack” can throw off his polarity, like demagnetizing a magnet by hitting it with a hammer.

Then why, you ask, did Vlad’s yo-yo attacks seem to have an effect on him? Well, from personal observation, Kai moves like a crocodile. Normally rather slowly. But when speed is called for, he can fly into action. Perhaps, like a crocodile, he’s only designed for short bursts of speed. Maybe sustained high activity wears him out. So perhaps Vlad’s yo-yo attack didn’t actually damage him, perhaps it just wore him out for a bit.

6. Why didn’t Kai just ‘bite off’ the..um..
    appendage that VLad was going to use on him?.. (And don’t ask me why I thought of that..)

I was thinking something similar, about the time he said, “I am defeated.” I expected him to shoot out his brace and cut off that appendage, at least buying himself a bit more time before she stuck it back on. Why didn’t he? Dunno. Maybe it figures into the “crocodile” theory.

7. 790 has been murderous for the past 5
    episodes, yet, offers no help to Vlad to kill
    Xev and Stan…

Probably because so long as Vlad exists, 790 knows Kai is in terrible danger. Vlad definitely seems to be Kai’s current arch-nemesis, so its really little wonder that 790 wouln’t think of doing any deals with her.

Just my feverish mind working overtime, due
    to lack of sleep and a crappy month…

Hey, like I said before, I love discussing/debating this stuff!

Anonymous

Alrighty let’s wrap this thing up, sorry for the delay I had 2 tests and a lab report

The cryopod opens and Vlad steps out.

Back on the bridge, Stan is trying to find a way to fly the Lexx without the key. Since 790 is able to interface with complex macinery, he figures that they can use the part of the Lexx that takes commands from the key “The other half of the key” to fly Lexx away from Earth and pich Vlad (Kai wanted to wait until they could controal Lexx to do it). So they head off to try.

Xev and the Druid are getting aquianted (why she dosen’t realize that every man she has the oppertunity to lay is killed quickly and decide to speed things up is beyond me). He explains groupies “Kinda like a loveslave, you see a groupie really digs the men behind the music. When a groupie is alone with a rockstar, she gives off a certain vibe which I am beginning to sense from you darlin'”

Back at Lexx’s particle accelerator, nothing is working except they almost blow up the Earth twice and take out the space station (I think) and a satallite. Ho-hum. Stan decides it’s useless and wants to try and go find Lykyya. Kai points out that she might not be alive. “Then what or who could’a killed them? Oh no” Stan says; “Then why didn’t you say somthing sooner?” “You did not ask the appropriate question” “Well the next time I don’t ask the appropriate question, would you please respond to the context?” And what do you think Kai says? I’ll bet you’ll never geuss that he says-
    “The dead do not respond to context”

Vlad is up and about and enslaving the moth breeders.

The Druid/rockstar is – singing. A really annoying song that got stuck in my head, to the tune of the Time Prophet song in Brigadoon (The lyrics are at the bottom of the post if you want them). “Are you ready for a blast from the past artist groupie lizard queen?” “A blast from your past!” When he is finished with his song (hilarious song but annoying) and they are about to get it on Vlad shows up “Hey, a three way” he yells. The viscious Vlad has other ideas and bites him. Xev moves, ducking behind pillars. “Since I cannot enslave you, and your blood is different than human’s, I will kill you” and she does. “Kai” Xev moans as she slumps forward.

Kai is checking on the moths. They’ve been killed by a sharp insturment but there are no moth breeders in sight. “Where are all the breeders?” asks Stan. “I do not know Stanley”. Stan decides to check on Xev. (Oh, btw the Druidic priest has been following them around if you wondered where he was)

They find Xev, dead. “Her flesh is still warm” observes Kai. He tells Stan to leave the Lexx and destroy the space shuttles. It is Kai’s fight, even though he expects to die-erm-be destroyed. “But first we freeze Xev” Stan insists. Kai dosen’t approve, Xev is dead, but he agrees.

We cut to Vlad, she picks up 790 “Where is Kai?” “Gone, far away. He said he didn’t like the Lexx and was never coming back, I think he shot himself into the sun. You should go after him and do the same!” She throws hi-her off the bridge, screaming “I love you Kai all the way down” but dosen’t break.

Stan and the Druid priest are leaving, accompanied by Kai. “Do not try to be a hero Stanley” “Don’t worry, I’ve never been much good at being a hero” Stan says. As they walk past the bridge, Kai notices Vlad flying above them. “Run Stanley”. Vlad lands. Kai shoots but she flicks his brace away. “C’mon buddy we gotta go” Stan says to the priest, who has another idea. With a great battle cry (o.k, he chants ‘Owm owm owm’ quickly’) he attacks Vlad with the staff. She kills him, but as he falls off the bridge he yells “Stanley, the staff has the power”. Stan buys none of it and trys to leave but the moth is dead. To make matters worse the Druid/rockstar guy shows up and trys to strangle him. “Kaii” Stan yells.

Kai, shooting and then rolling away before she can fire back, is fighting Vladdie. She just flicks the brace away though. He hears Stan and turns to help, but Vlad blocks his way. “Why do you care about him, divine assaisain? Why do you care about anything?” “I do not care about him” “You act as if you do” “You act, as if you cared about me” Kai snarls. “I do care about you. I care about your destruction” (Aww, Vlad has a hard time getting in touch with her true feelings ). Kai finds an oppertunity to fire and kill the rockstar/Druid, but this give Vlad a chance to hook on to him with her brace. She proceeds to- to- to walk the dog (a yo-yo tecnique, she hurls him around the room) with Kaiolicious!

Stan hears 790 yelling for him. He climbs down. They have a heart to heart chat and decide to go blow up the space shuttle and escape, as Kai told Stan to. 790 is actually helpfull and tells Stan how to release the fuel for one of the shuttles “Push the big button that says fuel release” and how to fly the other shuttle “Push the big button and when the green light comes on press the lever forward and start steering”. Alas to no avail. Stan is attacked by moth breeders and dragged to the bridge.

Vlad has given up throwing Kai around and proceeds to – oh my virgin ears! – ‘drain his juice’ when Stan shows up. “Goodbye Kai” he says mournfully “Goodbye Stanley”. Vlad um- penetrates him and um, somehow this makes her shake.Stan breaks free of the moth breeders. He sees the staff and, remembering the priest’s words, plunges it into Vlad. “I will get to you” she says as Stan stabs again “After I have finished my meal” He stabs harder. “I worship his divine shadow” she says and turns into dust. The staff disappears. “My protoblood Stanley, get my protoblood”.

Later on the bridge, Stan discusses saving Xev with Kai. “Xev is dead. She cannot be saved.” “Would you please try to be a little bit more positive about things?” “The dead are rarely positive about things”

After using the protien regenerator to no avail and ignoring 790’s suggestion to “Trask the bitch, eject her into space. In a respectfull way, of course” and Kai’s observation that “What you want is beyond the realm of the possible” Stan says “Well then let’s try the impossible”. “Like what?” Kai asks. “I don’t know. All I know is that she’s my friend and I want her back”. “I understand Stanley” Kai says. They close the cryopod and the camera fades to black.

WARNING THIS SONG MIGHT GET STUCK IN YOUR HEA

Can you feel, really feel, the feeling deep inside?
    Whats it all about when it slides in and out? its magic magic baby
    I don’t know but I’ve been told
    I’ve been told many times
    That the feeling you get when you’re slippery and wet
    It’s magic magic baby
    Slight of hand and flick of wrist
    You can feel it too
    With one little squeeze it’s gaurunteed to please
    It’s magic magic baby

And then Vlad stops the show.

[ 03-10-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ]

Anonymous

I enjoyed watching Kai get the bejesus whacked out of him.Much as I enjoy the charater, I get awfully tired of his woodenness. I’m sure McManus enjoyed being able to be physical. He really digs the action moves. Maybe he’ll become one with a six shooter and show up on a western when Lexx is over. Think of the possibilities for barroom brawls. The chanter reminded me of the father from the episode in which they blew up Disney World. Keep you eyes on that staff and the rocker reminded me of Mickey Dolenz.

[ 03-10-2001: Message edited by: nwmonikr ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia:

WARNING THIS SONG MIGHT GET STUCK IN YOUR HEA

Can you feel, really feel, the feeling deep inside?
    Whats it all about when it slides in and out? its magic magic baby
    I don’t know but I’ve been told
    I’ve been told many times
    That the feeling you get when you’re slippery and wet
    It’s magic magic baby
    Slight of hand and flick of wrist
    You can feel it too
    With one little squeeze it’s gaurunteed to please
    It’s magic magic baby

[ 03-10-2001: Message edited by: Hypatia ][/QB]

Nice bonus giving us the words to Magic Magic Baby–an instant classic. Thanks.

elmey

Headgehog
    Participant

Sorry, I know I’m posting this message relatively late

originally posted by Hypatia

quote:

We open with Stan’s lobotomy and castration about to get
    underway, his ‘surgeon’ being the friendly Dr.Rainbow (pretty
    sure).

Dr. Rainbow was played by Lex G. Whereas teh doctor from this past episode wasn’t. I even cross referenced it with 2.02 Terminal, no luck there either. I thought he looked familar, so I checked other actors but I couldn’t find anything.

Anonymous

In the close-ups of the hooded Druid guy it is clearly not Jeff H. however in most of the other shots it looked like Jeff to me too. Same way that tall cowboy in Texx Lexx, “Dale” looked like Michael McManus to me but in that one close-up where he asks Xev to meet him at the mailbox, it’s not him of course. It’s some younger lookin thinner faced dude. And if it’s not MM then it’s some other dude other than the guy that spoke to Xev. I pondered perhaps if it was MM’s double and this one time they switched out their roles, after all MM says he always wants to play a cowboy.

Flamegrape
    Participant

(Paraphrasing 790 from the episode 2.03 Lyekka…)

“I am broken heart in a metal head,
    My darling Xev is dead, dead dead!
    Oh how full and moist your lips,
    Oh how round and choice your hips,
    And your voice so full of glee,
    Please be Xev again, for me.”

dgrequeen
    Participant

Curiously, I’ve been in other conversations where the topic was: Why do we like to see Kai helpless and vulnerable? And we came to the same conclusion: We’re all a little sick. heh heh

Actually, I think it’s because when he’s his normal self, he’s your basic, unapproachable hero. But when he’s hurt, that’s when he becomes most human, most touchable.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.