Magic Bullet : SPOILERS

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Angel Magic Bullet : SPOILERS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Wadda cracker that was!

Although. I wonder if Zoe is in fact a baddie!

For all we know she could be a god…. a good god!?

Gods are all gits in my opinion, they want to be worshipped and recognised as the all omnipotent one and maybe Zoe… I mean Jasmine, is actually a goodie who has let all that power go to her head.

The magots in the eyes idea could just be something to frighten people who don’t like her and the killing of innocents to sustain herself is frankly quite acceptable. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ok, my point is that in the size of a city like LA with all the unhappiness and violence and badness that any large city has in it. If she can spread a happiness and goodwill and cut out murder and violence and make evryone happy…. isn’t the death of two or three people a day worth that?

๐Ÿ˜€

Just a thought, but couldn’t she actually be a goodie?

Moriarty
    Participant

You know I kind of agree with you and then I kind of don’t, if you know what I mean.
    It’s a difficult question; basically I think Jasmine was doing more good than evil.
    As you say she only ate a few people and they willingly sacrificed themselves to her, far more people would have died in a city like LA in the course of a normal day.

She was only seen as evil because she took away peoples free will and that was angels’ whole point in his show down with her.

On the face of it they did the right thing but then when you look at it a bit more closely, did they?

And I really like that the show is letting you make your own mind up on this

As Fred said, “We did do the right thing, didn’t we”?

Anonymous

its like lilah said jasmine knew world peace comes at a price. Angel thought the price was too high, fred and the others just thought eww maggots and got all scared.

I like how connor saw her real face all along, i figured the reason cordy was put into a coma was so she wouldnt raise the alarm.

Anonymous

The price was definitely too high, and Angel Inc. did the right thing by bringing Jasmine down. Without free will, we cease to be human and become simple automatons springing about at the whims of another, and Angel has positioned himself to be a protector of humanity, so his actions were completely necessary. Sure, those actions halted “world peace” (though who’s to say what the future of her actions would encompass? She had already started talking about using — let’s face it — slave labor to build a residence for her, so who knows where she’d lead humanity further down the road? Would she seek inter-dimensional conquest and rule, and use humanity as her soldiers and cannon fodder?), but the only world peace that matters is one chosen *by* humanity, not forced *upon* humanity. Jasmine sought to conquer all nations and bring them together under her rule, at the price of the deaths of innocents who had no ability to say “no.” This would have brought world peace only because there would be no one else with whom to fight. And the deaths of untold numbers of people (because who’s to say just how large her appetite can get?) to support this global domination no matter what utopia is promised is not an acceptable loss — just look at the history of Hitler and Stalin.

Anonymous

hmmmmm

i dont think that she was right in general but for an indervidual what she offerd could have been the greatest thing to ever happen in your life. I supose what it comes down to me is weither or not she forced them to become sheeplike or wether it was a side efect of being given that much love and happyness.

If someone makes you truley and compleately happy, takes away all the worry and pain, wouldnt you want to go thank them do something in return. If what she wanted was food or to take over another dimention would you do it to make them happy.
    They still could of had free will but chose to help the person who gave them so much happyness, willingly offered themselves up for sacrifice. in that case she might not have been wrong.

but im pritty sure she was using mind control which if her good intentions dont make her evil still makes her actions wrong. and angel was right to stop her.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.