Make The Pie Higher

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Make The Pie Higher

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

This is a poem made up entirely of actual quotes from George W. Bush. The quotes have been arranged only for aesthetic purposes by Washington Post writer Richard Thompson. Too good not to share, especially during National Poetry Month…

Make The Pie Higher
    by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
    This is still a dangerous world.
    It’s a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses.
    Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?
    Will the highways of the internet become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?
    They misunderestimate me.
    I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
    I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream.
    Put food on your family!
    Knock down the tollbooth!
    Vulcanize Society!
    Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!

Anonymous

Vulcanize society?? LOL!

Anonymous

Vulcan was a god or demi-god, smith to the Gods. Vulcanize means to increase strength, freedom, etc…

Probably got it from his Word of the Day calender or something.

Anonymous

The scary thing is, this is the guy who is not only Commander-In-Chief of the most powerful armed forces in the world, but has the final say on enough nuclear weaponry to wipe out the planet several times over….

Anonymous

I know that the human being and the fish can coexist

thats great……

Anonymous

At least, until the nukes start flying….

Aheheheh….

Rag
    Participant

I was concerned about the fish comment, so I decided to do some research. I spent half an hour standing outside my local chippie, ‘interviewing’ people as they came out with their tasty fish suppers. Not one of them thought that they, and their pieces of succulent fish would coexist for more than about half an hour. But most anticipated thoroughly enjoying their brief period of coexistence, as long as they hadn’t run out of ketchup. I guess George ‘dubbleyuh’ must be more of a ‘steak and kidney pie’ man, or perhaps he prefers a bit of savaloy. It would have been a more in depth study, but the Police were quite insistant that it moved along.

The only conclusion I could draw, is that Bill is in fact a lover of the pie. Whether it be steak and kidney, minced beef or the good ol’ chicken and mushroom, we have not as yet ascertained (steps are being taken for further investigation to take place in Washington). This is the only reasonable explanaition for the ‘Make the Pie higher’ comment.

Anonymous

It’s been a while since I read that but it’s still good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.