Make Way For Tomorrow.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Make Way For Tomorrow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fatguy
    Participant

This is now my 14th month on the B Boards…..was it worth it?
    Actually…..it was.

I should explain. when I was younger and full of ideas (Philosophy student I was…..what a fool…..); I did not want my mind and ideas constricted and corrupted by taking classes and getting degrees before trying to launch new/creative ideas. I believed in the “fresh eyes approach” to problem solving and living; but was told that nobody would listen to me unless I had a bunch of letters behind my name….. This is a long story – but in my case I took a year off from school and developed my own ideas before lunging into Philosophy in university (a complete waste of time…..). In this boring, utterly sterile environment (university…..), I presented some ideas which half liked and the others did not – always came out that way. I was also told (being the arrogant guy that I was) that if I were to work under one of the professors – that “things would be different” ….. Not exactly what I had in mind; plus…..nothing interesting ever came out of the mouths of these clowns (some that are still teaching twenty years after I left…..), so perhaps it was natural that we parted……

Ok; so what does this have to do with my time on the internet bulletin boards? Simply this – that the internet has shown me a way to market my ideas and philosophy to the world – to the largest audience (world wide if done right) in the shortest time; and without having to corrupt the message with structured academia or profit making book merchants. This is ultimately what I really wanted – the only catch is that I would have to give up all my proprietary rights to get the message out – but perhaps this is acceptable, I am only human…..and aging at that…..

So this experience has given me new life to express my ideas to the world at large (or more probably…..flop badly…..). However – I would like to plead with you younger folk to at least try to think of new ways to do things, resolve problems. or live your life. People are all the same – and if you believe this – then you can be as great as anyone in history (but you must truly believe this). All that is necessary is to believe in your ability; and to work that ability to it’s limits. Really – when was the last time you worked your creative abilities to the limit…..have you ever – perhaps it is time to try….. Do it now as by the time you are in your late 20’s – it will all be over. Write down you ideas as they occur so even if you do not follow up on them in your youth…..you can still do it later in life (like me). You have this amazing tool called the internet that will allow you to scream a worthwhile idea into most minds on this earth – instantly. The world has run out of ideas…..opportunity is knocking.

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Most people, sometime in their lives, stumble across truth. Most jump up, brush themselves off, and hurry on about their business as if nothing had happened.”

– Sir Winston Churchill

Fatguy
    Participant

Logan: Remember when you were a kid and the old folks would always be telling you what you should do….. Well…..I guess I have become one of those people. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Old age is something other people notice first….. ๐Ÿ™„

Maurice

mandara k
    Participant

Well, FG; when you stand in a spotlight you’re gonna sweat….. or in other words if you are trying to get across an idea or ideas it’s hard work….you are under scrutiny….. what you say is under a microscope….. if not plain ignored….. (those that stumbled on it and then stood up and walked away) If what you are saying is right and resonates then some will derive what they need from it, some will mock you for what you look like and ignore the message; some will dig one and not the other which makes it incomplete… and so on and so on….

So you have to know what strength you have inside to get a message out and you had better really believe what you are saying. How many learned men and women bombard us daily with the hooks of wisdom just to take our money for some worthless trinket or exercise tape and then whisk to some tropical region with some plaything…. with our money and a piece of our trust….

The closing and hardening of the heart kills us sooner than hardening of the arteries; kills the spirit…. kills the mind….. the body goes on but there is no life in the eyes… May be death is too much of a term…. may be our heart goes dormant and that is why their this huge focus on love…. and because it’s a male dominated world on a whole at least in it’s Western regions…. a huge focus on sex.

Why is there a revolving door on relationships and marriages?
    There are many types of love…. and some of the better types involve no contact whatsoever. It’s caring enough to let go, to know oneself and someone well enough to let them pursue their own life without inteference but hoping with all your heart they find what they need in life and that the spark of love and trust reignites in their eyes and stays.

Sorry, my stuff got out….

Continue Guy- sir!

Fatguy
    Participant

The Trip Begins.

Here he is:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~rem223/maurgrad

This is the guy who’s head I have to get into – because he is not me – even though we have the same name….. It has been twenty years since I last met him – that arrogant fool; he is gone now but his work still remains, and I shall now try to understand what he understood all too well. However – this time I will not try to be too possessive about it, and realize that any contribution to the fabric of human thought is good enough for me – even if I do not get any accolades. Thanks to all that replied.

Maurice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.