making of alien vs. predator

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff making of alien vs. predator

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    milzan
    Participant

Hi there,
    Did anyone else see this piece of crap. I know it’s basically a commerical, but this one really bugged me.
    The way every body on the set loves these two creatures and is going to remain faithful…except for…changing everything around to “make it better”
    I read the book ( this book is based on the movie, not the other way around.) ,and it sucked. I did not see the movie yet. Get ready for the sequel. Surprise…surprise! All this show proved is that the people included in this mess can kiss there own butts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t seen it… yet. I glimpsed at enough bad reviews to avoid it in the theatres (old release cheap DVD rental will be another matter). I have seen a number of movies based on books where I felt the movie version was better even when I’d read the book first… However, books based on movies are almost always considerably worse than the movies themselves in my experience.

I think I’d heard that the movie was loosely based on a comic and video game, so that makes the book third or fourth generation AVP media… The unoriginal title certainly sounds cartoony and video gamish to me… And since they want the youngsters watching it, the gore has been minimised (I actually saw Alien as a young teen — John Hurt’s chest bursting scene will forever hold a nasty place in my heart). PG-13 for a horror movie of this ilk? — that just says lame to me. At least they retain the hot alien nudity, but come on… We want some steamy, sweaty Predator/Alien action, or at least I do. I expect that when I do see it on DVD, they’ll include footage editing out to get the PG-13 classification.

I’m not a fan of the director (I did think Event Horizon could have been a great flick, but failed). Also, it wasn’t promising when they wouldn’t pre-screen AVP for the press, and when it was reported that it was expected to be delayed at the last minute (so they could fix it) despite the millions they shelled out for advertising it for a specific release date. They did make the scheduled release date, right?

Anyway, sounds like they’re just cashing in on the Freddy vs. Jason success. Really, I know a lot of people love Aliens (I didn’t enjoy it — I love Alien), but I think the franchise went downhill right after the first one. Actually, I did enjoy Resurrection, though it wasn’t nearly as good as Jeunet’s other sci-fi flicks like Delicatessan and City of Lost Children to my mind.

Daystrom
    Participant

The film is loosely based on the comic, which I read several years ago (although in the comic she goes with them at the end).

One thing I did notice is the remarkable similarity with the games of the same name. Anybody else notice this?

Daystrom

Daystrom
    Participant

The film is loosely based on the comic, which I read several years ago (although in the comic she goes with them at the end).

One thing I did notice is the remarkable similarity with the games of the same name. Anybody else notice this?

Daystrom

7th_Dizbuster
    Participant

Absolute pants! Almost as watchable as Mortal Kombat but does not have Kylie Minogue’s bum in it.

… so the human and predator walk off into the sunset hand in hand and promise to ‘do lunch sometime’. Then, surprise surprise, out pops an alien form the dead pred’s tum. Never saw that one coming.

Bleagh!

7th_Dizbuster
    Participant

PS: saw it on terrestrial TV so at least I lost no money. 8)

shadowolf
    Participant

.. and now that you’ve thrown everything but the proverbial kitchen sink at this movie .. how about saying something .. less negative?
    Granted I was among the first to cry out for more blood, and the predator-loving part of me shed a tear at the way they were portrayed. I looked over the original script for the movie a while back and I was looking forward to the promise it held. Too bad the movie people chickened out. The film was still watchable though.

.. and I believe the female lead stayed on the “hunting-ground-planet” and was looking forward to the next hunt, in the original story. I might be confusing it with the comic .. I just might. ๐Ÿ™‚

While I’m at it I might add that Kylie Minougue was in that crappy Street Fighter movie, not Mortal Kombat. They actually had some martial arts tallent in MK. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.