Marty Simon Chat

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Dispite being out of town this week, our very own FX has been talking to Marty Simon and he is going to try to do a chat with us this Friday the 9th. She will check on the time and time zone tomorrow, so I will post the details as soon as she gets them to me.

The chat location will be good for Mirc and web portal people. Like I said, I post the detail on the whole thing as soon as we get the time firmed up

Anonymous

Yayyyy!!!! Good Job FX!! Now if I can just get my damn irc to work…

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    Yayyyy!!!! Good Job FX!! Now if I can just get my damn irc to work…

Don’t worry Mayaxiong, there will be a web portal for the peeps that don’t mirc.

Anonymous

Too cool!!! I’ll be waiting for more details!

Thanks for the news!

FX
    Participant

hi guys, have wrestled a space at a computer so i can tell you the chat is for 9pm EST friday november 9tyh…will give you more later when i am finally home…frey thanx again for your help and we’ll be talking tonight love fx

theFrey
    Participant

The Mirc settings for the Marty Chat will be

description – Random fef net server
    irc server – irc.fef.net
    port – 6667

The web portal is courtsy of Rachel’s TheDarkZone site. http://thedarkzone.org/chat/%5B/url%5D
    Where it says Join Channel use the little arrow to the left of where it says #lexx. This will open a menu which will let you scroll down to either the #marty or the #sadgeezer room. (Thank You Rachel!!!) We will be having The Marty Chat of course in the #marty room. If you just want to try it out, go to #sadgeezer and check and see if I am in. If you see my name and I don’t respond, type frey and it will call me.

Hope this helps.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: thefrey ]

Anonymous

Thanks!!!

I’ve got something going on on Friday, but I should be able to make it in just past the time it starts. I don’t want to miss anything!

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’ll probably be there. Just I don’t want people insulting me like they did in the previous chatroom sessions I attended.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I’ll probably be there. Just I don’t want people insulting me like they did in the previous chatroom sessions I attended.

Well, DT I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Don’t fuss at anyone and I am sure they will not fuss at you.

Splarka is going to stand by for us, incase we have any problems. He is really being very sweet, he help set this up with Rachel so we would have a portal entrance and the ability to regulate the room.

Same rules as when we were in #spoil, no caps, no scripts, no color spamming.

Anonymous

Yay!!! Thanks so much for the effort, guys!

Anonymous

Is this going to be a moderated chat, or will we be able to talk to Marty directly?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Doffy:
    Is this going to be a moderated chat, or will we be able to talk to Marty directly?

this will be moderated ; we had worries from other peoples’ experiences that there would be unruly behavior…otherwise my preference would have been to have everyone talk to marty directly…sorry if this is a disappointment

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    this will be moderated ; we had worries from other peoples’ experiences that there would be unruly behavior…otherwise my preference would have been to have everyone talk to marty directly…sorry if this is a disappointment

Not at all….actually, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t, as there will surely be a lot of people there, and we’d all be typing all over each other.

Thanks again for putting this together.

FX
    Participant

hello again everyone; i just walked marty through the log in for the chat room for tomorrow night; it will be at 9 pm eastern standard time. Bear in mind regarding Brigadoom that marty did not write most of the score; these songs were german nursery rhymes adapted by lex g and his brother…and for legal/technical reasons the soundtrack to brigadoom will NOT be released, so if you have a lot of questions about brigadoom, keep those thoughts in mind, as there may be other questions you would rather ask and he can help you with…thank you again and see you tomorrow night, love, fx

FX
    Participant

what frey said everybody; tell everyone about the chat, and remember this sweet man is taking trouble that he doesn’t have to for us, so let’s make him feel welcome…i know you will judging from the thoughtful and enthusiastic threads i have seen here on lexx music

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    for legal/technical reasons the soundtrack to brigadoom will NOT be released

WAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Doffy:

WAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

sorry, the answers are in the interview with marty that i still haven’t posted …but basically, when they made brigadoom, they did not get all the appropriate details straight BEFORE they filmed it; to release it a s a soundtrack now would involve a lot of money and legal backtracking before all the original performers involved would allow release of the soundtrack as a separate entity…that’s the short, idiotfx friendly version of the issues involved…more later when i finally get the interview up…sorry, fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    they did not get all the appropriate details straight BEFORE they filmed it; to release it a s a soundtrack now would involve a lot of money and legal backtracking before all the original performers involved would allow release of the soundtrack as a separate entity

Bummer! I was really hoping for a high quality, complete soundtrack someday. Maybe once the DVD comes out someone can make some MP3s out of it. I have the already existing MP3s, but I think it could be so much better.

I have the German songs as MP3s too, and it’s really interesting to listen to them. On some it’s obvious what song they evolved into, others are really tricky. Where else but on Lexx would German children’s songs turn into a musical about a dead assassin? Ya gotta love it!

Anonymous

HEy, what ever happened that sight that had the Brigadoom MP3s on it?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    HEy, what ever happened that sight that had the Brigadoom MP3s on it?

try these: http://lexx.warpedsystems.sk.ca/mp3page.php3
    http://lexx.newmail.ru/disk.html

Anonymous

thanks

Anonymous

Loved the Marty Simon chat!

Once again, this just shows that the people associated with Lexx are the best! He was fun, and modest, and informative. And yes, he confirmed what we always knew…that the Brunnen-G fight song was inspired by the Wicked Witch’s guards! And I learned that they were called Winkies?? LOL…I guess you learn something new every day.

This was great! Thanks theFrey and FX for getting this set up. I do hope Marty enjoyed it as much as we did…maybe he’ll consider coming back again.

And one of the most fascinating things was seeing that one person was there under four different nicks…who knew! Don’t worry though…your secret is safe with me.

Anonymous

Well, I for one am stoked beyond the brink of insanity..!! I thought it was one of the best Lexx-related chats I’ve ever seen, we got straight answers and some surprising ones, and he took all our questions seriously, not to mention he was friendly and informative.

Hats off to FX, theFrey, Splarka and everyone else that participated in putting this together, especially in face of huge technical difficulties. Fabulous Job, guys,
    and THANK YOU MARTY, PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN!

Anonymous

Wont be able to make it as its in the middle of the night and Ill be sleeping.

Someone ask if hes done much New Material for Season 4 and will it get released on CD anytime soon? also are there plans to release Brigadoom on CD.

Thanks guys!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    Wont be able to make it as its in the middle of the night and Ill be sleeping.

Someone ask if hes done much New Material for Season 4 and will it get released on CD anytime soon? also are there plans to release Brigadoom on CD.

Thanks guys!

sorry sweetie, i t happened last night…if we can get another chat together, i will try to do it on a weekend, midafternoon, so that people from overseas can join in…my apologies, i wsn’t thinking

brigadoom cannot be released as a soundtrack because of the legal/monetary difficulties it would entail (it was done at electropolis, rather than at toronto under marty’s contracts)

there are no plans at this time for a season 4 cd…and marty is somewhat bemused by the mess with s2/3 cd’s; especially the mistakes with petula clark cd’s getting mailed out…again, the issue is money and demand as far as a separate s4 cd…love fx

dgrequeen
    Participant

Thanks so much, Frey, FX, Splarka, and all others who were involved in bringing off the Marty Simon chat. Most especially thanks to him, of course, but I know you guys worked hard to bring it about.

FX
    Participant

and thank you all again for showing up; frey and i talked for a while after, and we were so happy that so many people came, and with such good questions…blackdalek has posted an edited version plus full log already …frey and i will polish up a version to tack onto the marty page (i know i know, i’ll get it done already )…thanx especially to webmistress jen and technowizard james in the office till all hours with marty, helping this happen…and splarka and rachel for allowing us a space to play in…. fx

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.