mcmanus on mcmanus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

finally picked up the Cult Times #74, with the interview with downey,mcmanus and seeberg…so for those of you who haven’t read it yet, i feel compelled to quote from the article;

“I got into so much trouble on the 13” (referring to season 3,fx note) relates mcmanus. “Someone told me after seven or eight episodes, ‘You’re really good in rushes,’and I went,’Huh?’ and they went, ‘You’re hilarious to watch in rushes.’. And he was talking about, not the acting, but in between takes, I’ve got this kind of like actor’s tourette’s syndrome…you’re body-miked and mike-miked and while the director’s waiting for the action, the things that come out of your mouth, you don’t even know they’re coming out.
    “You’re just getting ready to do some intense thing or some unintense thing and trying to puzzle through all the different things after 12 hours of working. The things that came out of my mouth…I was just saying unbelievable things and I think in some cases quite hurtful things…This year I tried to be really careful.” But who did he manage to offend with his unplanned and previously unheard outbursts? “Who didn’t I manage to **** off I think is really the most important question,” says the actor guiltily.

thought this might clarify a few previously heated discussions

for those of you that are interested, barnes and noble and borders carry cult times; hurry before the new issue comes out…love fx

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    “I got into so much trouble on the 13” (referring to season 3,fx note) relates mcmanus…… in between takes, I’ve got this kind of like actor’s tourette’s syndrome…you’re body-miked and mike-miked and while the director’s waiting for the action, the things that come out of your mouth, you don’t even know they’re coming out.

Oh my. Yes I guess that could cause a few problems. Poor sweetie.

[ 31-12-2001: Message edited by: thefrey ]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.