Mega Con Report

• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

Frey Here on FX’s Computer – Well I tried to send this to you last night, unfortunately, the crappy web TV that they had in the hotel did not play nice with Sad’s site….. sigh. I had a full page post typed up too!

Anyhooo… There will be more posted later, but I met many Lexxians from many boards, but I was particulary proud to see the Sadgeezer Lexxians out in full force. I met several posters and not a few lukers… but I will let them sign in on with their impressions of the Event, perhaps it will inspire the lurkers to post. ๐Ÿ˜€

I took a few pics and got a good look at Pet’s poster up close, and of course got to meet and greet the wonderful Lexx cast. While I am sure it was a tiring day, the cast were very upbeat and chatting to all and sundry. There were an excellent selection of pictures available to choose from, including the infamous Stanley and Kai caught in the sack together!! FX got one of those for you Saddy, and Brian put a special note on it for you. ๐Ÿ˜ณ Sad, who knew!??!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oh and more good news, I was given quite a few things by Lloyd for the next Dragon Con Raffle …and I also won a silent raffle with a bunch of Lexx stuff in it… including the tape that was shown at the Wrap party!

Okay, so I already had one you say. True enough, but that one was given up on the hush hush, with the promise that it would not leave my pitty-paws until Dragon Con. This one, however was fairly purchased and I can do with it as I please. I was thinking of sticking it the current Lexx Merchandise Raffle. Perhaps the last little incentive to get people to give it up in support of Lexx? What do you think?

There was a fairly extensive Q&A at the get together on
    saturday night and a few sladerous tid bits were dropped…. naw…. but they were very funny and on their form.
    so there will be more on that.

Anyhow, we decamped this morning Made good time to FX’s house and I am looking forward to a nice lunch with her before I have to shlep back to the airport Dallas bound.

Ummm, this is FL right? So where is the freaking sun??!! This is my third trip here and still no sun in supposedly sunny FL!!

I will do a write up for Sad later, but right now, I gotta get cleaned up for lunch!

Later,

theFrey

FX
    Participant

ok, now this is the real fx, who has just schlepped the real frey to the airport along with her convention rubble ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

the con was great fun, especially since i had never been to one before; brian and patty were wonderful and sweet and introduced me to louise, who is lovely and shy and just a wonderful lady…i got to meet hds, manofwar, flame and newmoniker, just to name a few (and it has to be a few because my memory just ain’t what it used to be ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ) but hey, it was great to finally put faces to all you wonderful peeps! and did i mention the costumes?! hds was there in full dead kai regalia;; i even got to braid his hair for him although i had to do it several times since frey complained it was too low, and he whined that it wasn’t tight enough (hurt me more! ๐Ÿ˜€ ) finally, when his eyes were bulging out and the braid was acceptable to the entire peanut gallery, we had to find something to draw his tattoo with…ended up using a magic marker! (and yes, hds, the tattoo is brick red!!!!)

anyway, it was a great time, and as always brian and patty knocked themselves out for us, and i think were happ y to see so many supportive and friendly faces…

dragon con HO!!! 8)

Jadeheart6
    Participant

Lurker alert!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve been a long time fan of Lexx (from the original Showtime run in the 90’s) and finally was able to meet the cast during the party at Megacon. All my questions were answered (I had a lot of them ๐Ÿ˜• ) and it was an awesome experience. I had a great time meeting everyone and hope to see you all at Dragon Con. Both the cast and the other fans there were exceptionally friendly. If anyone gets any pictures of the event posted, please let me know. Thx

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi all who went to MegaCon,
    It sounds like you all had a great time & enjoyed yourselves; if I had the money, I would’ve gone, but since I had just got back to my regular routine, I couldn’t go. I’m glad that you all got to meet Brian, Xenia, Patricia & Louise & had fun at the dinner party for Xenia. I hope you people took lots of pictures & got lots of neat stuff. I hope to see you all at Dragon*Con on Labour Day Weekend.
    Take care & have a great March.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Flamegrape
    Participant

The MegaCon 2003 LEXX Experience was cool! Though all of us agreed that on a scale of 1 to 10, the MegaCon convention itself was a 4 and DragonCon is more like a 9 or 10. We have GOT to get these wonderful folks there this year!

I GOT ALL INTERVIEWS WITH ALL FOUR ACTORS! Xenia’s interview was the longest. As soon as I can, I will get them edited and uploaded. THEY WILL BE EXCLUSIVE TO SADGEEZER.COM ONLY! Just give me some time.

I was so stressed out with worrying about and arranging interviews that I had little opprotunity to visit with other fans at the party. Brian, Patty, Xenia, and Louise were so happy to see us that they wanted us to stick around for the last day of the convention on Sunday. But unfortunately, all of us had to leave on Sunday morning. Once the interviews were out of the way, I really wanted to stick around and rap with them about my ideas for a LEXX videogame, but I decided that I had to get going. I even considered staying another night and catching a bus or a plane on Monday!

I’m over at Tennessee Tim’s place right now, typing this post because my Comcast connection is Situation Normal All Fucked Up. But as soon as the film is developed I hope to provide a pic of the plant lady of Farscape with the plant lady of LEXX! (Once again, an exclusive of SadGeezer.Com!)

Cheery-bye!

lubka
    Participant

Thousands thanks!!to theFrey!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    From me and all Russians!! for photos!!!!WOW!!!
    this devoted to you ๐Ÿ™‚ http://lexxnet.by.ru/gallery/star.htm
    SPASIBO!!!

Anonymous
    FX wrote:

the con was great fun, especially since i had never been to one before;

dragon con HO!!! 8)

๐Ÿ˜ฏ Never? Really!
    Just you wait, Ms. FX… Dragon Con is the crown jewel of all cons!
    Not even the L.A. cons can top it (they just have more celebs per sq. ft.!)
    Tho, I have to admit, it will be hard to top a private party with Brian, Louise, Xenia, & Pat….or will it?

Let’s see: we just add Ellen, Nigel, & Lexx….yeah, that’s the ticket!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.