Michael McManus in King Lear

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Michael McManus in King Lear

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know I promised not to post here anymore, but this is strictly business.

Those of you who don’t frequent the Scifi BB may not know that Michael McManus recently played Edmund in King Lear on the Canadian Bravo Channel’s series “A Taste of Shakespeare.” Since this is separate from the US Bravo, Valdron’s wife, Stardancer, was kind enough to make a tape of this and sent it to me to make copies for the US Lexxians.

I’m offering copies to all US Lexxians. There’s only one catch…. Ya gotta send me MONEY!!!!

Actually, I’m only asking for expenses, so if you want your tape in a nice padded cel …. er, ENVELOPE sent by First Class, just send me $3. If you’d like one of those cute boxes with the red and blue stripes, the stylized eagle and the words Priority Mail on it, you’ll have to send me $5. Just e-mail me to make arrangements for the drop…um, I mean exchange….. er, I mean, how to get a copy of McManus in King Lear.

MM
    (running for the hills back to Lurk Mode)

Anonymous

thank you, micro!!! i will be mailing you my moolah this weekend. thanks to stardancer & valdron, too.

dgrequeen
    Participant

Thanks to Micro for doing the duping and mailing. That’s a lot of work.

Thanks to Star and Valdron for doing the copy and making it available.

I mailed you my money on Tuesday, Micro.

Anonymous

Yes, many thanks to Star and Micro for doing this for us! The still shots I saw of MMcM in this were YUMMY!

I sent my money on Tuesday as well.

FX
    Participant

thank you micro for the generous offer…dear friend has already seen to my copy; i liked it, but i was left wanting the whole play dammit if you are going to do such a nice job, why not do the whole enchilada? i know iknow, people want things short to accomodate their attention spans

Anonymous

Thank you from me also, Micro, got my tape today and loved it. If anyone goes to http://www.atasteofshakespeare.com and clicks on King Lear, cast and crew, there is a nice pix of MM there…..

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Micromary:
    I know I promised not to post here anymore, but this is strictly business.

(running for the hills back to Lurk Mode)

Why? I want you to post here. Don’t lurk!

Anonymous

Just adding a reply to keep this from getting lost on the back page. I’ve mailed out only a dozen tapes and I know there are more fans of McManus out there than that. E-mail me for details.

To those of you who’ve see the tape: who’s playing the King of France and the French soldier in Cordelia’s tent??? They both look vaguely familiar but they’re not listed in the credits.

Anonymous

To those of you who’ve see the tape: who’s playing the King of France and the French soldier in Cordelia’s tent??? They both look vaguely familiar but they’re not listed in the credits.

I’m not sure, Micro. The young man who played Edgar looked familiar to me as well, but his name didn’t really register. I too would have loved to see this done as the full play, rather than the Reader’s Digest version, but it was very well done all the same. MMcM was excellent in the role of Edmund…all those sly glances and evil little smiles, hehehe.

I hope to see him in more things like this.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Micromary:
    Just adding a reply to keep this from getting lost on the back page.

That is one of the great thing about Sad’s, you can just bump the post back up to the top, rather than reposting the thing

It was pretty good, but very abreviated I must concede

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.