Mira Furlan on ABC’s "Lost"

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Babylon 5 & Crusade Mira Furlan on ABC’s "Lost"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    B5fan9425
    Participant

We may be seeing Mira Furlan on TV again soon! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve recently gotten hooked on this new ABC show called “Lost” (it’s on Wednesday nights at 8:00, if anyone’s interested). A few weeks or so ago, she was a guest star. She was on another more recent episode that I didn’t get to see because my TV didn’t tape it. ๐Ÿ˜ก There’s not much to this alone, I know, but there’s more. ๐Ÿ™‚ In a little “show hints” article I read about it in the issue of TV Guide from three weeks ago, it sounds like she already has, or soon will have, at least a recurring guest role on the show. Don’t quote me on that, but what I read seems to indicate there’s a very good chance of it happening.The hint was worded, if I remember correctly, as “If I were Claire (she’s the character that just had the baby on the last new episode), I’d watch out for people like Danielle (that’s the name of Mira’s character; she’s also referred to as “the Frenchwoman” )”. I’ll keep my eyes (and ears) open!

Alexis (B5fan9425)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    B5fan9425 wrote:

… In a little “show hints” article I read about it in the issue of TV Guide from three weeks ago, it sounds like she already has, or soon will have, at least a recurring guest role on the show. Don’t quote me on that, but what I read seems to indicate there’s a very good chance of it happening.

Did I just quote you on that? Sorry, couldn’t resist. ๐Ÿ˜‰

From what little I saw of Lost, it is a very good show. Unfortunately, the time has conflicted with my schedule a bit, so I haven’t become a regular viewer — yet. Thanks for the scoop!

B5fan9425
    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ Hey, Logan! It’s nice to meet you; how are you? I’m not bad myself, except for getting pretty close to finals at school. ๐Ÿ˜ก

I understand exactly where you’re coming from with scheduling problems, ’cause I have to deal with that too. I was able to see it when it first started because I didn’t have any classes at that time. Now that I do have a class, I’m only able to keep up with the series because I’ve set up a videotape to record it every night it’s on. It can be a pain if for some reason or other it doesn’t work, and it’s extremely annoying to have to watch it with commercials, but it’s good enough for now.

If you do want to catch it, you can do that, and/or ABC sometimes might show older episodes on Saturdays (they did that for awhile at the beginning, but they haven’t for quite some time. Maybe after the season finale, they’ll start doing it again ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

HMMMMM….. That’s about all I can think of at the moment, other than to say I added a little bit to my original post, that being the wording, as well as I can remember it, of the hint that made me suspect that those two episodes Mira was on aren’t going to be the last. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Later! ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the belated response, B5fan9425. I’ve also found myself rather busy of late.

I really do want want to watch it from the beginning, so will wait until the whole season is repeated on one of my cable stations. My VCR is dead anyway, and I don’t plan on fixing it or replacing it in the near-future. Hope to get a TiVO at some time, though it’s not currently available here.

Hope the finals go well. Can’t say I miss that aspect of school.

If I may be so bold as to ask, what are you studying?

B5fan9425
    Participant

๐Ÿ™‚ Hey, Logan! How are things going? Don’t worry about the belated response, I understand perfectly, believe me ๐Ÿ˜‰ . Sorry to hear about your VCR, that sucks. I’m guessing you aren’t going to fix it because you have a DVD player, or you’re going to get one soon? If so, that makes perfect sense to me. Nowadays, it’s not really worth having one unless it’s a DVD/VCR combo, or a lot of the movies you like aren’t on DVD yet.

Thanks for the encouragement about finals, I appreciate it :). I can’t wait until I don’t have to worry about finals anymore. Unfortunately, it’s going to be a while before that happens ๐Ÿ˜ก . It’s not that I dislike learning, mind you, but I absolutely DO NOT like tests, especially not ones like I have to take for the field I’m studying, which is Environmental Studies. A lot of the stuff is science, which I enjoy, but it’s a heck of a lot to cram into your brain for a test :?. I’m finishing up my fourth year of undergrad studies at San Francisco State University (different from UCSF), but since I’ve put off a good number of the science classes I need to graduate, I’m guessing I probably have another year-and-a-half or so left to go. I’m a little nervous about it, because one of the classes I need to take is chemistry (a lot of math, ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ), but I think I’ll do alright.

Wow! Sorry about the long-winded answer about my major. How about you? What did you study in school, if you don’t mind me asking?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m well, thanks. Sociology: I had wanted to major in Film Studies, but it was a very competitive program (very few spaces here), and I’m adverse to competition. Environmental Studies would have fascinated me… Having chosen that field, I expect great and rewarding opportunities await you.

Have had a DVD player for years, but am only now getting back into using it regularly.

Flamegrape
    Participant

For those in the USA, Mira will appear on Lost next week. I recommend that everyone either “run, hide, or die!” ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

nice to see her on the show, she’s got great talent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.