Missed Dr Who but saw the wedding :/

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Missed Dr Who but saw the wedding :/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Damn! Was at a birthday party for wifey’s russian friend and missed episode 3 of the new Dr Who saga (what did you think?).

Just saw highlights of the Charles and Camilla wedding though which was awe inspiring!! Basically, for those that misses it ,there was a ceremony that married the happy couple, then the queen commented that they were now in ‘the winners enclosure’ (though she snubbed the ceremony) then there was a chapel ceremony where some Church of England geezer read out a prayer for the kneeling royals that was stunning in it’s condescension. It basically affirmed, ‘we are complete and utter swines because of our faunicating philanderings and promise to be nice and faithful from now on…. Honest!’

Wadda cool day! (except for missing Dr Who)

theFrey
    Participant

Ummm, Saddy. I saw bits and pieces of the Charles & Cammie wedding and I have a question.

What is with the hats? I saw stuff that would have been right at home as an alien growth on someones head in a bad sci-fi flick.

Anonymous

Hehe, but I thought it was a bad sci fi flick! ๐Ÿ™‚

Not sure about the hats. They looked ok to me ๐Ÿ™‚

bonnee
    Participant

Although the episode was complete bollocks, there were some definitely good bits in it – mostly involving ‘spooks’. I think if I was young, I would have needed to wear nappies again. The story, of course, was shite.

Next week’s episode, though, looks way cool. Its apparently a two parter involving a spaceship crashing into Big Ben – and by the looks of it, Unit are back to help the good doctor try and overcome bad writing.

Anonymous

Just saw the re-run on BBC 3 I can’t say I’ve ever seen a cool Dr Who storyline and I’m not sure that the Beeb were aiming for that. This is a prime time show for the masses and it’s just godda be cheesy and apeal to the lower spectrum.

What makes it cool for me is that they manage to slip in some great lines and a few little surprises to keep us sadgeezers and lady sadgeezers interested. Lines like ‘I always like a happy medium’ and the interaction with the maid when talking about ducking school to watch boys bums etc.

In fact I was less in awe and more in giggles. I think that the Beeb have perposefully taken the path of comedic sci fi which tempers the poor storyline a little.

And Yeah! Unit in the next show would be just teriffic! I can’t see them getting back Lethbridge Stewart but the special effects seem to be getting better and better.

7th_Dizbuster
    Participant
    bonnee wrote:

Although the episode was complete bollocks, there were some definitely good bits in it – mostly involving ‘spooks’. I think if I was young, I would have needed to wear nappies again. The story, of course, was shite.

Are we still talking about the wedding?

Anonymous

Haha…. maybe ๐Ÿ™‚

Radio 4 report that the BBC have been inundated with complaints that the 3rd Epidode of Dr Who ecause it was too scary for children!!

Cheeky sods!! Dfr Who was scary for ALL childred … for the last thirty years!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Dr. Who and the Royal wedding scared me….

Dr. Who back in the day because of the robots..(did watch it when I was a kid because it was too scary)..and Charles and Camilla’s wedding…it wasn’t the hats, but the other spray type headdresses that scared me!!! what was Camilla’s sister thinking??? It could have been a houseplant.

However, I do think: Hats for Everyone!!!! – all types should come back in style….and maybe some of those crazy headdresses too…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.