Most moving LEXX moment?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Most moving LEXX moment?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’d have to go with the obvious, when Zev dies in “Terminal”. But theres lots of others….what do you think?

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

DalekTek790
    Participant

“My punishment is over.”
    -Mantrid, K-Town

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

i think , besides the above two, i liked the burial scene in eating pattern, when zev couldn’t think of how to say what kai’s death meant to her

Anonymous

Oddly, I thought when Prince greets Stanley in Beach, was a tender momement. Prince seemed truly gentle with a newly dead Stan. I was also moved by Lyekka’s death scene with Stanley on Garden and the look Kai gave Xev-Prince after the lip lock. Overall, Zev’s death in Terminal was the most touching.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    I’d have to go with the obvious, when Zev dies in “Terminal”. But theres lots of others….what do you think?

I’d have to agree with you there, Mercury. Is it me or does Kai’s voice get a bit choked up when Stan asks him what is he doing and the dead guy replies ‘taking Zev home’.

C’mon – he got teary-eyed (or maybe MM had something in his eye, who knows…

Anonymous

Yes, I agree. Kai’s voice did sound a bit odd. But what the hell, it added to the moment!

——————
    “pRiCk yOuR FiNgEr, iT iS DoNe. tHe MoOn hAs NoW eClIpSeD tHe sUn. ThE aNgEl hAs SpReAd iT’s wInGs, tHe TimE haS cOmE fOr BeTTEr tHiNgs…”

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya,
    I aggre with the above especially the burial scene[eating pattern]zev’s death[terminal].I also think that the scene where xev and Stan[K-town] admit that they are quite fond of one another. There are lots of little scenes in later eps where Xev teases Stan in a nice way as opposed to the c*** teasing way that she has done in some of the very early episodes
    ta ta
    kog2

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s the scene from Gigashadow:

“Farewell Xev, my” – Kai

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

oh yeah I remember that.
    That cry that Zev gave out when she thought Kai was “dead” dead, spine chilling or what! It still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up
    ta ta
    Kog2

[This message has been edited by kaisothergirl2 (edited March 30, 2001).]

Anonymous

personally, I have to go with the Kai/Squish scenes, especially the end where we get Squish superimposed on the space and stars background. There’s just something about a lil brain eating cluster lizard being enamoured of the dead guy that floats my boat.

*sniffles* I miss you, Squish!

~elfie

——————
    “Reality continues to ruin my life.” – Calvin and Hobbes

Another month ends. All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied. All staff eagerly enthusiastic. All pigs fed and ready to fly.

Anonymous

I’d have to say the part in Garden where Xev is trying to say goodbye to Stan and he gets up to give her a hug.

Anonymous

Touching scenes; oh, so many touching scenes! I like when Xev is playing Kai’s living love and she comes to release him from prison; the duet in Brigadoom. I also thought it was kinda sweet/strange when Viggo gave Kai that little kiss, in Mantrid. And, of course, Kai putting his arm around Zev and Zev reaching out for Stan’s hand, in Supernova. (sniff!) Oh, Kai telling Lexx he/she(?) was beautiful!

Anonymous

I’ve really only seen Season Three, and, although it seems a little silly, one of the scenes that sticks in my mind as touching is the one where Xev inexplicably meets the dying moth breeder on the surface of Fire and is with him as he dies…

——————
    All day I dream about Lexx!

Anonymous

Oh yay littlestar! “Battle” is one of my favourite episodes. Yeah, that is a very touching scene. Xenia Seeberg truly shines in that episode, the scenes of her walking alone in the desert are very haunting.

——————
    “pRiCk yOuR FiNgEr, iT iS DoNe. tHe MoOn hAs NoW eClIpSeD tHe sUn. ThE aNgEl hAs SpReAd iT’s wInGs, tHe TimE haS cOmE fOr BeTTEr tHiNgs…”

DalekTek790
    Participant

What…? I saw Battle and don’t remember that scene. Did they cut that out for the American Sci-Fi Channel version?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    What…? I saw Battle and don’t remember that scene. Did they cut that out for the American Sci-Fi Channel version?

i am pretty sure i saw that scene too dalek tek, check your tape again if you have it…

Anonymous

Yeah, if you find it, fastfoward to where Xev lands on Fire. Its right after that. She asks the breeder if he was one of the ones that Fifi took to Duketown.

——————

crusader
    Participant

Yeah! I alsow agree with the the ones that you guys posted! Espechaly the Xev/Stan scen in K-Town (Im still wondering what K stands fore) when they talk about fealings!!!

One of my favorite moments a alsow in Supernova when Zev takes Stans hand when the sun´s about to goe Supernobva!!!

I look forwerd to more moving moments in series 4!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by littlestar:
    I’ve really only seen Season Three, and, although it seems a little silly, one of the scenes that sticks in my mind as touching is the one where Xev inexplicably meets the dying moth breeder on the surface of Fire and is with him as he dies…

Yes! Xev’s empathy really stands out.

I also liked the scene after that, where Prince walks with Xev in the desert and talks about their impending deaths.

Anonymous

come on when kai actually dies in the first few minutes of I worship his shadow are by far the best I mean It leads up to it lick he is somehow going to win and well you saw it.

Anonymous

The look on Kai’s face when Brunniss 2 is completely destroyed is a classic……

——————
    “I throw a little fit, I slit my teenage wrist. The most I can learn is in records that you burn”

“drove the children from their chores. Handcrafted housewifes into whores. Fear of the beast is calling it near, creating what we’re hating; its only fear that is here….”

Anonymous

The most “moving” scene has to be Stan’s bowel “moving” scene in “The Key”….

Anonymous

I think it’s in K-Town: Xev and Stan are getting pelted with rocks when Kai shows up. I get all choked up when he says, “RERE RERERERERERE…hayooo ah!” and awkwardly slides down the wall into the hole. He suddenly seems so vulnerable.

Anonymous

quote:

I’d have to go with the obvious, when Zev dies in “Terminal”.

I’d have to agree. The scenes from series 3 mentioned are also good examples. As well as the end of “Terminal”, perhaps 790’s mourning throughout “Lyekka”. I know it’s inscessant and the kind of thing he does all the time, but you still need to feel kinda sorry for him, since his one focus (even if it’s a programmed one) is gone.
    It’s not really a candidate for the most moving moment but it’s just something I thought when remembering the end of “Terminal”. That’s all.

Anonymous

With out a doubt “Terminal” Hey I am tough guy who doesn’t show his feeling that often. But from Zev’s death scene to the end I was really choked up. It was few days before I could watch that episode again. One of the most amazing things about that was Jeff’s 790 reaction to her dieing. Never before has a machine got so much emotion across.

-SM

Anonymous

My top 5 would be;

1. BATTLE
    The few scenes near the end, Xev with the Mothbreeder (true empathy for Xev) and her scenes with Prince are very well played out.

2. K-TOWN
    The scene between Xev and Stan is great and well played by both.

3. TERMINAL
    Zev’s death scene is very touching.

4. GARDEN
    Some good moments in the weakest S3 episode, Xev and Stan’s hug and the Lyekka rebirth and reunion.

5. LAFFTRAK
    Xev’s breakdown about her past life in a box which begins her ratings downtown.

Cheers,
    Ydna.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Ydna:
    My top 5 would be;

1. BATTLE
    The few scenes near the end, Xev with the Mothbreeder (true empathy for Xev) and her scenes with Prince are very well played out.

i like the mothbreeder part too, it is eerie and sad and more like real lexx, kind of hopeless: nasty things happen and they acknowledge and move on

2. K-TOWN
    The scene between Xev and Stan is great and well played by both.

probably only time in s3 where the old xev warmth comes through, she was very cynical and bitter overall in s3

3. TERMINAL
    Zev’s death scene is very touching.

oh yeah, this one was as close to tear inducing as lexx gets

4. GARDEN
    Some good moments in the weakest S3 episode, Xev and Stan’s hug and the Lyekka rebirth and reunion.

maybe i need to rewatch this one, couldn’t find any redeeming qualities in it the first time…

5. LAFFTRAK
    Xev’s breakdown about her past life in a box which begins her ratings downtown.

that and the kai-head trying to cheerlead people into laughing to keep xev alive, even after she seems to give up or not care or both

Cheers,
    Ydna.

welcome to the sadboard ydna love fx

Anonymous

quote:

The look on Kai’s face when Brunniss 2 is completely destroyed is a classic……

I have to agree, those screams coming from the planet really got to me. I was leaning twards the squish scenes before I read your post but brunnis 2 takes the cake for me.

Anonymous

Well, this whole thread just goes to show you how shallow a show LEXX is not. There are lots of great scenes in LEXX. really it’s hard to pic one.

Although not being the biggest Zev/Kai advocate, the scene I really thought was the most “moving” was the “Fantasy Dance” sequence. Not just the dance but the bit before that when it showed Zev’s parents deciding to send her away. A truly bitter-sweet moment.

But the most moving episode for me was “Brigadoom”. Ironically I hate musicals, but I felt just as moved as Stan did when he decided it would be better to face Mantrid. Although it didn’t feature much of Stan, I got a lot out of all the characters and felt very emotionally involved. The best episode in my oppinion.

Anonymous

I dunno, guys. Lexx is a comedy, and the favorite moments you’re posting about are the most serious (or at least the least funny). So I define my favorite episodes “Lexx Moments” by how funny they were.

I’d have to say my favorite Lexx moment was in Wake the Dead, when we get to see the Lexx’s toilets in all of their slurping, long-tongued glory. I don’t know if it was in this episode or not, but Stan’s sitting on the mouth of the toilet doing his business, while talking to Kai, and commenting that he actually enjoys using the toilets. Heck, with those long tongues, I think anyone would enjoy their toilet time more!

Of course, who could forget 791?!?!?! 790 gets his dream of having a body with a functioning thingy, but the body takes over and likes STAN! I thought it was hilarious watching poor Stan nearly get sodomized by the robot!

But I’m a real sucker for Llyka — the way she giggles, looks a person over with a twinkle in her eye, and says “You look tasty!”

——————
    To be verbally abused, go to http://WWW.Weirdcrap.com

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Psycho_Dave:

I dunno, guys. Lexx is a comedy, and the favorite moments you’re posting about are the most serious (or at least the least funny). So I define my favorite episodes “Lexx Moments” by how funny they were.

I think you misunderstand the thread. It’s not your *favorite* moments on LEXX, it’s what you think is the most *moving* moment on LEXX. While LEXX is a funny enough show, it’s not just a comedy. The first season wasn’t nearly as amusing as the second, the third was even more serious than the first, and this one promises to at least be as funny as the second. There’s satire, parody, straight sci-fi, slapstick, drama, musical numbers, romance, horror, and the kitchen sink in LEXX, so there’s a number of aspects we could explore in a thread.

–Aleck

Anonymous

The Beach: Xev and 790 are fishing for Kai. I thought it was sweet and touching when 790 said, “then I have a chance?” and Xev said, “Not much of a chance. But a tiny little robot head in love chance to make your dead man dreams come true.” awww

Anonymous

The most moving scene for me was when Kai’s essence was seen floating in its ‘bubble’ on planet Water. As the ‘dead’ Kai sank down through the water’s depths, it seemed that the colorfully-dressed, ‘EssenceKai’ was almost angelic.

How very moving and sad.

^Ramses^

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SLEEPING RAMSES:
    The most moving scene for me was when As the ‘dead’ Kai sank down through the water’s depths, it seemed that the colorfully-dressed, ‘EssenceKai’ was almost angelic.

How very moving and sad.

^Ramses^

agreed, i thought dead kai looked kind of wistful too, but i guess i’m reading too much into it…glad to see you here ramses, i usually only see you on scifi.com…welcome

DalekTek790
    Participant

Actually, when I saw the young Kai there my thought was “Can’t those lazy Beans hire new actors?”

——————

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Actually, when I saw the young Kai there my thought was “Can’t those lazy Beans hire new actors?”

I guess that I should tape everything because I don’t remember this “bubbleKai”.

Strangely, I found it touching when Kai and the Prince of Fire stroll off hand in hand while trapped inside the planet fire.

Anonymous

one of the most moving points i found in lexx is when Kai is expalining to mantrid that he has brought to much mass to one point in the light universe and is looking at a massive implosion mantrid relaizes kai is correct and sais something to the affect of “i submit the game to you” as crazy as he was he could accept when he was defeated, granted after the jump to the darksone he tried once again top kill them in the 790 drone the was outside the constraints of there game. I really enjoyed mantrid as a villian as villians sometimes are so one dimensional, its nice to see a crazy character with depth. He showed sympathy to Lyeka when she told him she was a plant. After all he only wanted to detroy humans and remake the universe, we all can understand that kind of motivation. His antics with the old biovizier (sp?) of HDO was a classic, sticking his tongue out and those faces had me rolling.

Anonymous

Personally, I am a damn sucker for the first few moments in IWHS (yeah, you know, Brunnis 2, Kai as a living breathing BrunnenG, trying hopelessly to save his entire planet with just a few old Stingers against a horrific weapon of mass destruction… and everyone dying). I hope some day that Lexx returns to that kind of drama and science-fiction. I like Lexx for what it is, but I have a few moments of film/TV written down in my mind that encompass the essence of what perfect science fiction can be – the opening scene of IWHS is just about at the top of the list. Sound, music, design, imagery, subtlety, pacing, concept, etc. It sticks with me so much that I have found it comes up in my mind frequently when considering dramatic events in my current book-project. I often fight the urge to put in the DVD and watch that first chapter over and over…
    -Jace

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.