Most Powerful Space Ship?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

In a fight to death between space ships which one will survive in the end?
    Your votes please!

(NOTE: Because we all know that Lexx can destroy any spaceship whit a simple “Whoooommmp!”…
    You can´t vote Lexx but you can vote any other space ship from any Sci-Fi serie or movie)
    Oh BTW… Newbie…

——————
    Time travel is easy…
    You just need a TimeMachine…

Anonymous

Thats a tough one..
    I’d probably vote for the USS Relativity from the 29th century. 500 years more advanced than either Voyager or the Enterprise, and it can travel through time. If it gets into a fight it could travel back a few minutes and warn itself that they should clear off sharpish.
    I was also going to say the TARDIS from Dr Who but its not very reliable. (and it doesn’t have phasers/quantum torpedo’s/shields etc.)

——————
    Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

DalekTek790
    Participant

One of those monoliths from 2001 could survive any blast! Remember that scientist guy in 2010 babbling about how nothing could cut TMA-1 open?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Heehee! I’m 18 today.

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited April 17, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    One of those monoliths from 2001 could survive any blast! Remember that scientist guy in 2010 babbling about how nothing could cut TMA-1 open?

The monoliths, however, are not space ships.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Out of sheer love of loyalty I would have to say the Millenium Falcon simply because it’s the fastest ship in the galaxy and it’s pilot is Han Solo. I have faith in it. . .blind faith.

——————
    “History makes men, MacLeod, men don’t make history.” -Methos(Highlander)

Anonymous

how bout the heart of gold?

Just switch on the infinite improbability drive and you’re liable to escape any dangerous situation.
    Of course you’re also liable to be transformed into a penguin,

quote:

Originally posted by DarkClaw:

Oh BTW… Newbie…

welcome darkclaw!

——————
    ————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DarkClaw:
    In a fight to death between space ships which one will survive in the end?
    Your votes please!

i vote for one of the klingon vessels with a cloaking device….second choice would be “fully armed and operational death star”, with complete complement of fighters

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

i vote for one of the klingon vessels with a cloaking device….second choice would be “fully armed and operational death star”, with complete complement of fighters

But the Death Star is a mobile star battle station so it don´t count like ship…

——————
    Time travel is easy…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    The monoliths, however, are not space ships.

–Aleck

They are… Flying pieces of… Something…

——————
    Time travel is easy…

Anonymous

ummmm if you want to know about the monoliths you have to read the other books (2061 and 3001) these are both very good and i highly recomend them – you do have to remember the timeline they are set in although 3001 was writen in somthing like 1999 it follows Arthur C clakes predicted future from the position of when he wrote the others although they do sometimes mention other bits in it that hadnt been thought up at the time like CDs but thats about it.

Life dont talk to me about life

Anonymous

I know about the monoliths…
    It was just a “Joke”…

——————
    Time travel is easy…

DalekTek790
    Participant

Different monoliths serve different purposes. Some are remote probes. The ones observed in the Great Dark Spot by the Leonov behaved like living things. TMA-2 was a stargate, capable of opening up a wormhole to its creators’ home. Sort of like the T.A.R.D.I.S., which is essenially a flying quantum singularity given a shape by the chameleon circuit.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited April 18, 2001).]

Anonymous

ummmm i thought they were all the same and could do anything they wanted (well almost)

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Anonymous

I wonder how a Borg Cube would fare against the Death Star. Could it adapt to the huge planet-busting laser fast enough? It’d be pretty funny if at the end it is down to the Borg Queen and the Emperor screaming at each other over the comm, “Sphere is better!”, “No! Cube is better”, “Sphere!”, “Cube!”, etc…

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by bugblatterbeast:
    how bout the heart of gold?

Just switch on the infinite improbability drive and you’re liable to escape any dangerous situation.
    Of course you’re also liable to be transformed into a penguin,

Ah, but you’d be a perfectly _safe_ penguin…I think I’d prefer that to being an about-to-be-dead human.
    Hmm, no real preference when it comes to ships…so many of them kick ass…I just couldn’t resist responding to the penguin reference…it’s one of my favorite lines in the whole book.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

Okay, if I can’t go with the Lexx, I’ll go with a Vorlon Planet Killer. Very darn big, very darn lethal to boot!

Anonymous

ill vote for the defiant because it looks sweet!!!

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Anonymous

I vote for Jar Jar Binx, a weapon of devastating, inhuman horror.

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tolandria:
    Out of sheer love of loyalty I would have to say the Millenium Falcon simply because it’s the fastest ship in the galaxy and it’s pilot is Han Solo. I have faith in it. . .blind faith.

I couldn’t agree with you more tolandria. It is “the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy”. Anything from Star Wars has to be the best ship! Oh, but I’m also inclined to say a Klingon Bird of Prey since they had that cloking device thing.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.