Most Touching Moment (in an Episode of Lexx)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Most Touching Moment (in an Episode of Lexx)

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

What do you think was the most touching moment during Lexx?

Personal faves;

Zev dies….

Xev and Brud Parsnip on the Lexx

Flamegrape
    Participant

One of the most touching moments has to be when Squish saves the day in 4.0 Gigashadow. That last shot of him superimposed on the screen. Boo-hoo! My favorite cluster lizard! My hero!

Anonymous

Hmmm…how to chose?

K-Town, when Stan and Xev are talking together before the rock-throwers show up.

Zev dying

Xev dying, and Stan’s reaction.

The scene in LBP when Stan says that even though he can’t stand 790, they are all still family.

The scene in Magic Baby, where Stan and Kai say goodbye to each other as Vlad is getting ready to finish Kai off.

The beginning of IWHS, when Kai dies and Brunnis2 is destroyed.

Gosh, I know there’s more, but that’ll do for a start, I guess.

Anonymous

Hhmmmm….most touching moment..
    IWHS, when Kai dies on the ground in front of HDS,…Gigashadow, when Kai dies and Zev screams in agony…Gigashadow, when Kai and Zev kiss ( I know he’s not supposed to have feelings, but NO ONE responds to a kiss like that without having feelings) and Supernova, when Zev’s life is rerun for her before she’s almost killed, right after the sweet fantasy dance with Kai…..(sob)
    more hankies please……sniff..

Anonymous

Zev’s eulogy for Kai in Eating Pattern.

Zev’s heroic sacrifice for Kai in Terminal.

Xev telling 790 he has a “tiny little robot head in love chance of making your dead man dreams come true” in (which early S3 episode was that???)

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:
    Xev telling 790 he has a “tiny little robot head in love chance of making your dead man dreams come true” in (which early S3 episode was that???)

It was in Heaven and Hell. I thought that was kinda nice, considering how poorly Zev usually treats 790.

I mean in I Worship His Shadow 790 pledges himself to her eternally, and she just leaves him, walks away like he was nothing. That’s so cruel. She only carried him with her (after he tracked her down) when she thought she could use him to open the doors, and then she practically forgets about him. I don’t understand how anyone could be so cold hearted to someone who loved them.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I can really feel for 790. All he wants out of life is love, and all he gets is hassles. I mean, I can understand why Stan (for the most part) doesn’t like him, but 790 loved Zev, she meant everything to him and she treated him like a machine, like he was just some door-opener planet-scanner etc. there for her convenience without any feelings of his own. That’s so sad.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

It was in Heaven and Hell. I thought that was kinda nice, considering how poorly Zev usually treats 790.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

wow, i am agreeing with dalek tek

you are right dt, the lexx universe is ultimately cruel, and part of my laughter is horrified recognition of the familiar; it is not enough to love somebody, or want to die for them…you have to look right, act right, have the right friends/job/or whatever…so yeah, i have sympathy both for 790’s plight, and for his reactive snidery after being scorned so many times…and no matter how many times i see zev flounce off and say ‘see ya lover boy’, i have to laugh even as i am thinking ‘you bitch’…oh well, color me a disillusioned romantic

Anonymous

quote:

XEV! Ha-ha-ha!

[Throws rocks]

Xev! Hehehehehehe!

[Throws rocks at someone else]

Anonymous

quote:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I can really feel for 790. All he wants out of life is love, and all he gets is hassles. I mean, I can understand why Stan (for the most part) doesn’t like him, but 790 loved Zev, she meant everything to him and she treated him like a machine, like he was just some door-opener planet-scanner etc. there for her convenience without any feelings of his own. That’s so sad.

I can’t believe you guys feel sorry for the robot head! He’s never really been very nice has he? He’s been gabby, sneaky and mean from day one. And Xev hasn’t been all bad to him, look at the way she risked everyone’s life to rescue the tin twit in Norb.

Besides, is anyonein the Lexx Universe getting what they want? I don’t think so. Why should a robot head be an exception? Welcome to the Dark Zone.

Sorry, now I forgot my touching moments!!

elmey

Anonymous

Yes Zev was mean to both 790 and Stan. Although XEV!!!! Was a lot nicer and more appreciative of 790 especially in Norb. She cried over him. Which is one of the reasons why I am flabbergasted by some people’s oppinions about Xev:

“Essentially, she is everything that Zev was, but to me she seems a little more ruthless and a little less sexy”- taken from the Sad Geezer LEXX guide

But let’s not forget about brave little Squish’s sacrifice in Giga Shadow.

“That’s my baby!”

Anonymous

squish in gigashadow 4.0 definately!
    and most of Brigadoom!

Anonymous

Zev was cruel, but what do you expect? Even though she had the new, improved love slave body, she was the same girl inside who was rejected by everybody. Considering that, it’s a wonder she wasn’t more nasty.

Touching moments for me: When Lyekka died in Stan’s arms in Battle. Zev’s death in Terminal. Xev relieving her childhood, also in Battle.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Okay, touching moments:

When Zev tells 790 “You may just be a head, but you’re the best head I ever had” in 791. How sweet.

When Stan saves 790 in Norb.

When Stan reflects on his life in Stan’s Trial.

When Kai dies in Brigadoom (I know it’s a replay of a scene in I Worship His Shadow, but it feels different after seeing all that stuff from Kai’s past.

When Lyekka dies in The End of the Universe.

When Mantrid sacrifices himself to save Kai in K-Town. “My punishment is over.”

Anonymous

quote:

When Mantrid sacrifices himself to save Kai in K-Town. “My punishment is over.”

Mantrid sacrifices himself? Seems to me it was just a case of twiddling the wrong rod and not backing out of the way fast enough.

Anonymous

Actually, Mantrid did it on purpose…he knew the reaction it would get…otherwise, why would he know to put it in the wrong place to begin with..? He wanted release from his living hell..since he knew he was being punished, Xev and Stan inadvertantly caused him to remember his atrocities. At least that’s the way I saw it..

Anonymous

stan and kai’s goodbye in magic baby.
    touching in a very very odd sense.

oh yes and who can forget when dear potatoho was destroyed ? the laments of the 3 rednecks on the lexx made me weep openly for days…

no more peggy sue
    no more mary lou
    or something like that.
    *weeps*

Anonymous

I mean in I Worship His Shadow 790 pledges himself to her eternally, and she just leaves him, walks away like he was nothing. That’s so cruel. She only carried him with her (after he tracked her down) when she thought she could use him to open the doors, and then she practically forgets about him. I don’t understand how anyone could be so cold hearted to someone who loved them.

790 never really loved her, it was all artifical. He completely forgot about her when he was reset by Kai. She had no real reason at that point to take him with her.

dgrequeen
    Participant

Good choices all, but let me add: when Kai tells Lexx that he is beautiful.

Anonymous

Xev and Kai’s duets in Brigadoom.

[ 17-10-2001: Message edited by: Enox ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’ve figured it out. I feel that the most touching moments during seasons 2-4 are when they start playing the “Zev Dies” theme during the show. Whatever is happening in the scene while this track of music is playing, I love it!

(The “Zev Dies” theme is track #26 on the soundtrack CD, Lexx: The Series.)

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    (The “Zev Dies” theme is track #26 on the soundtrack CD, Lexx: The Series.)

That reminds me, there is a song on “Lexx” that baffles me. Track 28 is the Cleric chant like at the beginning of the beginning credits, but instead of going into the Lexx theme, some music of which I have no recollection plays. It says “Opening Theme, season 2 version 2.” Was that actually used in the opening credits of some episodes in the second season? If so, which episodes? I have no memory of that song (and I don’t have season 2 tapes to check).

Anonymous

Yes, they did change the opening scene music from the original. The second version has a more upbeat tempo to it, and I think it starts somewhere in the middle of the series, but I’ll have to double check. I rememeber the music, because I have the first soundtrack cd, and was surprised they had both versions on it.

Anonymous

The Zev and 790 thing is interesting, why did she give him the mental part of the loveslave transformation anyway? Think about it, ‘everybody always leaves her’. So she re-enacts her life by rejecting him, after making sure he will never leave her.

(Oh my god, too many psych classes)

Most moving moments? Hmm, when Xev thinks Prince is dead in May,
    Zev thinks Kai is dead (yes, I know he already was dead) in Gigashadow and lets out that spine-tingling howl that just merges with the music.
    When Zev is trying to say how she felt about Kai in Eating Pattern and says “I would have liked you to be the first- man- ” and chokes up. (Sensing a Xev/Zev pattern here?)
    Right before the dance in the second movie, when Zev see’s her past again.
    Kai singing “I want more” in Brigadoon
    The end of Stan’s trial, when they’re leaving the Celes and they fly away, one big family.
    And finally, Xev walking through the desert in Battle, in fact the whole last half of Battle, from when Prince trys to tempt Xev on.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.