Moveis that are soo bad they are good….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Moveis that are soo bad they are good….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

I’m looking for input ( I think there was a thread about this before) about movies non-sci-fi or not that are so bad they are good. My bro recommended a Stallone movie about a car race from the ’70’s that lives in our popular cultire even now. (The point system when you are in a car, you know 10 points for the old lady crossing the street) I know bad, but c’mon funny!

SO, anyone got any new and fresh ones?

I used to be the “B” movie queen but most of what we see is rehashed garbage that i dodn’t have to look for old ones.

Any help would me appreciated and tell me why it was bad.

theFrey
    Participant

Toothless with Kristie Allie

A female dentist is cast into limbo after her death in an accident and is given the assignment to act as the Tooth Fairy as her action to be admitted into heaven. She needs to correct her one flaw before being admitted to heaven: not being able to let herself go. Selected as a tooth fairy, she has to collect kids’ baby teeth every night, and soon learns the kids can see her, but not the adults. Inadvertently offering advice to troubled Bobby, she finds her fame spreading around his school. Soon, all the kids start “losing” their teeth to induce her visits, and get help with advice, lessons, bullying, etc. But the parents react negatively to all the talk of a tooth fairy, while Catherine gets into trouble for interfering with human lives..

The story while cute was kinda lame and the sets and effects were so cheesy they made you laugh. It was so bad it was good. ๐Ÿ˜€

XevsGondola
    Participant

A lot of them seem to be either sci-fi or horror

Mars Attacks
    Rocky Horror picture show
    any of the 4 LEXX movies might be considered classic ‘B’
    Brain Dead
    Theatre of Blood
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Forbidden Planet
    Chinese Ghost Story II
    Killer Klowns from Outer Space
    Evil Dead
    it came from Outer Space
    Dark Crystal
    Iron Monkey
    American Werewolf in London
    The Undertow
    Bad Taste
    Seventh Voyage of Sinbad
    Flash Gordon
    Dawn of the Dead
    Hills have eyes
    Day the Earth stood Still

there are a heap of popular B-movies out there

mandara k
    Participant

Thanks guys, the toothfairy one sounds bad but good, Frey, and thanks Xev Gondola. I’ve seen a few of them on the list bit not all by any means.

* Rubs hands together in glee*

theFrey
    Participant

Yes but there was no explaination with the list. Inquiring minds want to know what made those movies goodly-bad. ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

Ah, mighty-mod one you are sooo correct. Why are these so goodly bad?

And please if you seen them on the list, go ahead and give us your personal commentary. ๐Ÿ˜€

XevsGondola
    Participant

A lot of people say there are different types of B-movie

Very low budget B-movie with stuff like ‘Hills have eyes’, John Carpenter’s Dark Star, some Chinese films, ‘Night of the Living Dead’ and so on might have a very low budget, are sometimes poorly produced
    but overall the films do very well because they have a cool storyline or some dark humor, are trying something new and appeal to that cult audience.

Then films like Mars Attacks, Escape from NewYork, Lexx have well experienced actors, with a much larger and better budget but the people who produce such high-budget films aren’t trying to make a movie like Schwarzenegger’s ‘kindergarten Cop’ or ‘Bridget Jones Diary’
    they still want to keep the work in the cult genre by keeping the crazy storyline and characters, unique sets, twisted humour, these films also become cult hits.

MuadDib
    Participant

I love Mars Attacks its one of my favourite films,

“Don’t run we are your friends!”

Cesare
    Participant

XevsGondola: Classics…;-)
    BTW, I watched Killer Klowns recently… Love the flick. Hard to pick a favourite scene from that one…:-)

And I’d recommend this one:
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0085672/
    Hercules (1983)
    The story of the Greek mythological figure, updated in this 80’s version.
    Still can’t decide whether I hate or love it. Probably both. A must-see for any B-movie lover.
    (IMDB rating – 2.9 ๐Ÿ˜‰ 8) )

Cesare
    Participant

XevsGondola: Classics…;-)
    BTW, I watched Killer Klowns recently… Love the flick. Hard to pick a favourite scene from that one…:-)

And I’d recommend this one:
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0085672/
    Hercules (1983)
    The story of the Greek mythological figure, updated in this 80’s version.
    Still can’t decide whether I hate or love it. Probably both. A must-see for any B-movie lover.
    (IMDB rating – 2.9 ๐Ÿ˜‰ 8) )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.