Mutant X

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Help me out please.
    Did anyone talk about this yet????

dgrequeen
    Participant

I’ve watched it. Yes, I have no life. Right now it’s got a LOT of rough spots, IMO, but if they give it a chance, it might iron them out. It’s fairly obvious most of the actors are relatively inexperienced (Forbes March comes particularly to mind). Unless they start developing the characters, though, they’re going to quickly run out of steam (there’s only so much you can do with mutant powers to hold the audience’s interest).

Flamegrape
    Participant

Ok, it’s OBVIOUS this show is based on the X-Men comic book and movie. But what I’m wondering is if it is licensed by Marvel comics or whatever. Is it a spin-off of the X-Men movie? If not, then I smell massive lawsuit.

I’ve glimpsed a few seconds of the show while channel surfing. I don’t like super-hero stories. But I’ll check out the Wonder Woman movie if Sandra Bullock stars.

I used to be a big fan of the Hulk and Superman when I was a kid, but I grew out of it. Today I read comics like Transmetropolitan or Knights of the Dinner Table.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Ok, it’s OBVIOUS this show is based on the X-Men comic book and movie. But what I’m wondering is if it is licensed by Marvel comics or whatever. Is it a spin-off of the X-Men movie? If not, then I smell massive lawsuit.

It is licensed from Marvel, and loosely based on the X-Men spin-off/parallel comic series of the same name. It is not, in concept, considered a spin-off of the X-Men film, but it was put into development in order to cash in on its success. The film producers did try to sue, but as it’s based on a separate comic series, I think the suit was thrown out.

–Aleck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.