My enlightened idea!!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Dune My enlightened idea!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jacurutu
    Participant

I think I have a idea of what might happen in the next dune books that ties into all the previous dune series..legends of dune, prelude to dune and the original dune. Firstly, after Iblis Ginjo is killed, knowledge of the tlulaxas evil activities becomes widespread and the league of nobles comes to destroy their homeworld as described in a piece of writing found on the official dune site. The remaining tlulaxa flee into Machine Territory.

After a series of events they find there way to Erasmus, the enlightened machine. Erasmus expressed desires to create a human from the ground up and with the Tlulaxas intimate knowledge of genetics he is able to do so. Although this isnt normal humans. At this stage perhaps face dancers are a ‘secret project’, and with erasmus help, his knowledge of human biology, they are able to create the first axolotl tanks. After much experimentation, face dancers are perfected, and through some machine device, the entire persona ‘soul’ of Ominius and Erasmus are put into these two face dancers. When the end of the jihad is near, and Omnious is near defeat, the two face dancers ‘daniel’ and ‘marty’ are sent out into the depths of uncharted space, far beyond the Imperium with a contigent of robots and an Omnius core.

This ‘machine scattering’ would be similar to the one the GP Omnius created. With the knowledge of the axolotl tanks, the face dancers are able to achieve immortality. Presumably all the traitorous Tlulaxa would be wiped out by the plagues Omnius unleashes and it is other surviving Tlulaxa who later form the Bene Tleilax. This would explain why no one knows of this, even the Bene Gesserit.

Coming onto the prelude of dune, in House Corrino, the amal spice sends the heighliner out of control and sends it far beyond the Imperium. D’murr, the navigator on board mentions that he has to get more spice immeadiately and get out of there because an enemy is coming, an ancient enemy of humanity. Prime Projection: Thinking Machines. Now it is mentioned in passing that only a handful of heighlners ever went missing. Suppose they were captured by the Machines. This would give them access to navigators and to Holtzmann Engines. With this knowledge of the Holtzmann equation and the awesome processing power, the machines could understand the equation that only Norma Cenva is capable of understanding.

After thousands of years, they could have developed the ability to control ‘techys’ and create the net. And finally to tie in the original dune. The two super face dancers daniel and marty display a striking resemblance to erasmus and omnius. Erasmus loves to experiment with humans, and in the last chapter of C:D he mentions he would like to study another tleilaxu master. The new abilities they possess could have been stolen from the tleilaxu from the god emperors scattering or they could have developed them independantly. Another likeness daniel and marty display to the machines is their obsession with gardening, particularly pruning roses.

Thats my theory on what happens in the next dune. Feel free to comment and criticise.

theFrey
    Participant

Marty? ๐Ÿ˜†

Other than that, it was in and of itself an interesting piece to read.

jacurutu
    Participant

yes marty, one of the two super face dancers, as featured in Chapterhouse: Dune and their transcript is contained in a thread on this forum.

Anonymous

****MASSIVE FREAKING SPOILERS*******

Daniel and Marty have Erasmus Orb. They are also more numerous than we realize.

Duncan Idaho has some connection with this “New Machine” faction which includes Marty and Daniel. We know this in Chapterhouse when Duncan has his visions.

He see’s both “Disrupters” (Devices which cloud the mind and ‘disrupt’ anything living) and “Futars”. Duncan claims he has never before heard of them, so why does he know them? At that moment Daniel appears and screams at Duncan:

“STOP SPYING ON US!”

Duncan see’s the weapons of the enemy. Namely Futars and Disruptors. Machine weapons. Only useful against humans.

Futars I believe are what the Machines intend to turn all humans into. Something docile, much more potent, and completely obedient. The mysterious “Handlers” are the Marty&Daniel people. This relationship is no different than Master and Face Dancer.

As for the Face-Dancers? They have always ruled the B.T. through submission. They were corrupted through their religion into believing what they were doing was the right course all in the name of “Spannsbogen” or whatever. When in truth, the B.T.s entire existance was simply to buy enough time for Erasmus plan to be completed while presenting the face of “We hate machines!! We use only organics!!”

Then the Scattering came.

Post-Scattering the B.T were abandoned by the Face-Dancers. This is first evident in the beginning of “Heretics” when the Face-Dancer wears the face of a Domel and smiles at Waff. Plus pay careful attention to Waffs dialogue. These people are nothing more than blind tools for something else.

It’s also Post-Scattering that the B.T have actual metal in their makeup. This negates the use of IXian probes, something very insightful….something only a machine could’ve anticipated.

For that matter it was always clear to me that the B.T were a front. I used to tell people “There’s something at their Core”

Little did I realize until BoC what a funny pun that actually is! A “Core” indeed!

During one of Idahos dreams in the compartment, he see’s Daniel holding a small metal sphere, which “whistles” or shrieks at Duncan causing him great pain.

What do we know of Duncan Idaho?

๐Ÿ‘ฟ More to come ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Speaking of the B.T. A primitive Axlotl tank if I ever saw one:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/08/27/jaw.transplant.ap/index.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.